Thread: File Transfer on 3510i

sirwoggle is offline Registered User

File Transfer on 3510i

Ok now i got my self a 3510i and a coulple free java games from the net. but they are sitting on my computer.

is there any way to get thos games to my phone without a data cable or wap. (SP doesnt offer wap)

anyone know how to make a data cable for the phone?

Unhappy SOZ clicked submit twice

90Nz0 is offline Registered User
    Your best bet is to upload them to a website (ie, Geocities), and then connect to that using the 'Services' on the phone.

If you'ld like download any from me, feel free to, http://tagtag.com/u-muppet

Are there any games anyone would recomend?

bobl is offline Anti Nokia
    is there any way to get thos games to my phone without a data cable or wap. (SP doesnt offer wap)
    No , how is the information supposed to get from your machine to your phone without any medium of transfer?

Your best bet is either buying a data cable (The 3510i ones are fairly expensive imo) or build one yourself. You'll have to search this forum for cable schematics for a f/mbus cable

Cheers

Bob

Dearest bobi

this leaves two rather limited mediums, but mediums none the less.
    MMS and SMS, mms being the preferable as it hols more charictors.

i was hoping someone had found a way to breake through the inbuilt restrictions of java (for our own protection - ya sure) and figured out a way to get java to access the mms capability. then maby we could get some gprs based file transder going

Can anyone out there write a simple hex editor for java with the capability to save files to phone memory

(convert the file to hex on computer, mms the hex to the phone, copy and paste it into the prog and save the file to the phone)

if the hex version is still too long then mayby use the next one up (256 chars, i think they are all suported on phones)

bobl is offline Anti Nokia
    It's "bobl" not bobi! Or you could just call me Bob.

Well I just learnt something....

I don't think SMS...I ain't gonna explain myself but I am sure it wouldn't . (Seriously though, the sizes of SMS probably would restrict the building of the game + the actual feasability of SMS --> application).

As for the other, I haven't seen or heard anything.

To be honest, the only two ways you can really do it is Wap/Cable. If you find something out, then please let us know, but I still don't think it's possible.

Cheers

Bob

Thread Information