Thread: 3510i internet connection

dirac is offline Registered User

Question 3510i internet connection

Hi All,

Is it possible to access internet by using 3510i when I connect it to my laptop via USB cable?

Thanx...

Shocker is offline LivingLegend
    hie mate,

first of all, how in the world do u connect your 3510i to a PC using a USB cable???....as far as i know, the 3510i does not have a official nokia datacable support, thus eliminating the possibilty of using the DKU-5 USB datacable thru phone's pop-port, just in this case, 3510i also does not have a pop-port, on top of that, FBus/MBus cables normally comes in serial port version, so how did u connect your 3510i thru USB cable??

dirac is offline Registered User

I do not have a USB cable. I've just asked if it is possible or not.

I have searched net and found some sites that are selling USB or Serial cables for 3510i. 3510i has an interface for data cables but it is under battery and you should remove battery first.

Check out this link:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...category=42407

Shocker is offline LivingLegend
    hello bro,

sorry for the late reply..quite busy here...anyway, i saw the link u posted but im now confused myself coz as far as i know, u cant really connect a data cable to 3510i/3530 where u connect your handsfree kit/battery charger coz the pop-port is simply not available there other the one like u said connected underneath the battery which is possible....by the way, i dont think so the SE T68i/T68's USB cable works for 3510i (as shown in the webpage's picture)....data cables with serial port for 3510i/3510/3530 are surely compatible to be used between this 3 models!!!

damn, im confused now!!!

Thread Information