Thread: 8210 Signal keeps dropping

splashgordon is offline Registered User

Unhappy 8210 Signal keeps dropping

Hi - I recently made my old (2 years) 8210 SIM free (was on Orange, now on T-Mobile).

I am getting a problem with the signal in that I have full signal strength but, when I make a call, it suddenly drops to zero and drops the call. After a short time, the signal is back to full. This is happening pretty much in 90% of calls now!

I have read various suggestions on these pages to replace the antenna or flash the OS. What do you suggest?

The battery is new.

Any help appreciated!

Gordon.

SEDUSA is offline Registered User

Talking

the best way to solved it , is flash the phone with new version then , faid the phone and use special factory settings to do that you need mbus cable and soft nokia tool dtc3 by jordik .
    to get the soft go to page www.nokia-flash.tk and download the soft from there....
    if dont work i think its an hardware problem /phone problem

stay cool

sergo_zmeia is offline Administrator

Hi!

Try chunkheads Knok metod /it in the forum FAQ/...if You decide to flash Your phone dont forget to make a backup...
    Good luck!
    Regards!
    Sergo_Zmeia
    Im the wind forever free...

rohit_joyus is offline Registered User
    no.....no......donot flash your phone ........try this trick i have solved a lot of phone for the same problems

open your 8210 antena and clean it with thiner and replace it i think your problem must be solved ............

chunkhead is offline Registered User
    @ rohit_joyus

??? I have never encountered one with a faulty aerial to date! It sounds more like an antenna switch malfunction! Happens to like 70% of 8xxx phones! You could also try my water damage method! http://nokiafree.org/forums/t31337/s.html

You can test to see if the aerial is at fault by placing the PCB into another known working chassis!

I'll try the flashing

Thanks everyone for your advice so far. I am going to try the flashing suggestions - just need to order myself a flash cable. I'll let you know if it works.

Of course the phone has been working OK today but the signal problem is generally unreliable.

Cheers,
    Gordon.

Well I actually replaced the aerial - really easy to do any it only cost 99 pence! (plus a T6 screwdriver). It seems to have fixed the problem without any need to flash the phone.

Hardware fix I guess.

Cheers all,
    Gordon.

TokeiLampin is offline Registered User
    i call this problem cut off and all i do is switch the new atenna switch it coz RM 3 at my country it about 1dollar = Rm 3.80 just count laa!!

Thread Information