PDA

View Full Version : flashing 8850 MCU and PPM package to an 8210

Leandros
22-02-2002, 07:03 PM
hi

does anyone have experience with that?
is it possible to flash the 8850 firmware to a 8210 and will it be working?
I've read somewhere that this would be possible with an 6210 and 6250 and so I'm wondering if it works with these mobiles, since these two are _very_ similar...

best regards and thanks in advance for your infos,

Leandros

||Joe
22-02-2002, 08:39 PM
I also was wondering if it's possible to upgrade my 8210, but rather than to 8850, to 8310 firmware. I haven't come across any full, or partial for that matter, flash files of 8310s so was hoping if a) you'd know of anywhere to get a full firmware backup of 8310 and b) if it is in actual fact possible.

p.s. Is it not possible to flash any Nokia phone type with any Nokia firmware? if not is there a reason why (A link to another source will do if it's going to an essay!!)

Doc
23-02-2002, 02:30 AM
Hi Matt!

I flashed a 6130 with the firmware of a 5110 (just to try, eh eh. and guess what?
Ok I did not work out at all but there as a nice message on the display: version mismatch for MCU-ASIC and DSP
Use firmware rev 3 to update

Ok not exactly but it's the sense of it. I just reflashed the old version and everything was like before.

Just make sure u make a FULL BACKUP BEFORE (also e2p dont forget to backup!)

Doc

o_MAST
23-02-2002, 03:03 PM
What is e2p ?

Leandros
23-02-2002, 03:38 PM
some guys use it for EEPROM (I've also seen e2prom)

let's face it, I think it's pretty insoberingly to use such words and it has always the touch as if a cracker/scriptkiddie would have written this who absolutely doesn't know what he's talking about - to say it more clearly: I detest it /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

don't get me wrong Doc, I don't know anything about your knowledge but I've seen this for long time and time has come that the bomb explodes /n/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

regards,

Leandros

NokDoc
23-02-2002, 04:49 PM
Mr Leandros:

In some way you're right about these Terms but don't openly judge anyone's qualifications please.
I'm sorry to say but Ur not that clear yourself, terms as 'insoberingly' make me have to run to the bookshelf too.

Only by doing this sort experiments with his minimum available tools and informing us about the results the man already earned my respect.

Better work on the real question:

>> version mismatch for MCU-ASIC and DSP, Use firmware rev 3 to update

This sounds to me like a very reasonable question?

NokDoc, Nokia Relative of Mr. Doc.

Leandros
23-02-2002, 05:37 PM
qoute:
don't get me wrong Doc, I don't know anything about your knowledge

and this is also applies to you, please don't get me wrong, I don't know anything about him - so what you're talking about judging on someone's qualifications?
I've stated _clearly_, I think at least, that I'm not able to do this and that this isn't what I want to do but say that I really don't like abbreviations like "e2p".

but unfortunately you've got me wrong anyhow - maybe you've got me now.

regards

Leandros

NokDoc
23-02-2002, 08:28 PM
Mr Leandros

I'm so very sorry I misinterpretated Ur message, it didn't got personal at all.

It was written that clear that I actually did overread the real contents.

I guess My Bomb was eXploding too at some point there.
I'm very sorry for that.
I hope you will ever excuse me for that major mistake.

NokDoc. (Not a Nokia Doctor, more addicted)

ROB
25-02-2002, 12:31 PM
The fault with wrong asic is youve flashed with the wrong rom version. 5110 has 2 versions of flash depending what rom is in the phone.

As far as the 8210 - 8850. I believe it can be done as board is essentially the same. Wont work with 8310 though.
Am working on getting components for 8850 change ( mic connector etc)

Rob

murrayb55
15-06-2003, 11:27 PM
i was informed that to upgrade 8210 to 8250 0r 8850

the 8210 needs to be rom6,if you have rom5 8210 then you cant do it.hardware prob.

hope this helps.

i know this is an old thread , but just wanted let you's know what i was told.

chunkhead
16-06-2003, 07:05 AM
The 8210 and the 8850 are the same phone! The 8850 however has the active slide enabled (Useless?)! You can flash it if you want, but there will be no change!;)

P.S 8310 is DCT-4! Upgrade is not an option!!!:D