PDA

View Full Version : Unlocking troubles with T68i, genuine Ericsson cable and Ericsson Unlock Client v6.52

manthony
30-11-2002, 07:10 AM
I've purchased a couple credits to unlock two AT&T Ericsson T68i phones, in addition to a genuine, Ericsson enhanced data cable, and I've been having a lot of difficulties. When I select "Reset GDFS" as instructed, I receive "Power On the Phone." I've tried and tried again, following all directions meticulously, pressing the button for approximately one second, just long enough to activate it, but not too long as to display the "Insert SIM Card" message. Yet, the program endlessly displays "Power On the Phone" without timing out. There is no indication, otherwise, that the program is downloading, reading, writing, or working.

Has anyone suggestions? I am at a complete loss! H E L P!

Surfy
05-12-2002, 11:08 PM
You must use T28 type unlocking cable NOT genuine ericsson or GPRS cable. ONLY the unlocking type cable will work.

manthony
07-12-2002, 02:22 AM
Thank you, Surfy. I've returned the original, Ericsson "data" cable and ordered the correct, "service" or "unlock" cable. I only wish people were clearer in their posts, regarding which cable to use. Why use the terminology "data," when one means to say "service" or "unlock?" Had I that information beforehand, it would have saved me a considerable amount of time. Anyway, I anticipate its arrival sometime next week, and I thank you for your courtesy. Wish me luck.