PDA

View Full Version : Question for NokDoc?????

kelvin_ngu
01-12-2002, 09:29 AM
NokDoc, I'm trying to add extra ringing tones to my 8210 v5.31, I'd the full backup. I'm using HexWorkshop to edit the tones and using PPMEdit to preview to songs.

My problems is why after I paste the *.re tones in HexWorkshop and it can't open in PPMEdit? It said it has cause some error!

My way of doing it is like this:-
- Open flash file and *.re tones with HexWorkshop.
- I start from tone no.16 which I think named "0CBR1".
- I start pasting my tones after 02FC which is start with 090A01..... and ended with 0BFF by highlight it and paste.

Problem coming out after pasting it and open with PPMEdit. What I think is the memory space but I'm not very sure, can you help me to solve this problem?

I've been learning Nokia editing for about 4 months and I can make my own startup/shutdown tones, changing menus, indicator bar and etc......with no problem. This is the only problem that I'm facing now.

Your help will be greatly appreciated!

NokDoc
01-12-2002, 01:30 PM
Hi,

I think for adding tones U make it a bit too hard by doing it in a hexeditor program.

The hexediting is quite simple, but U need to edit according to the Nokia Flash rules.

Like for tones a correct index nr, the correct length, the correct header, Modulo 4 length correction bytes, the ppm chunk calcs, etc.

Tools like ppm manager does a good job on import/ exporting of re files.
It saves U alot of study or thinking.

Keep in mind that ppm manager not corrects double used index numbers.
That U need to do manually in the 4th byte of the seperate re files Urself before importing them.

About memory, it depends on what ppm version pack U use.
If it occurs, just remove a non used text or t9 ldb pack, should be enough for at least 100 new tones.

NokDoc

kelvin_ngu
01-12-2002, 03:29 PM
Thanks a lot,I'll try it!

Harry Zhily
01-12-2002, 03:34 PM
Hi there...

@NokDoc

Could you tell me please, the start and end of LDB offset address, Thanks...

and one more... do you know the hex code to make the SMStone stop ringin' (just one or twice ringin')

Thanks