PDA

View Full Version : Bug on PPMEDIT 1.0a

optimus777
01-12-2002, 10:47 AM
i have found a bug, in ppm edit 1.0a...
when i try to change the mcu tone 35-38..(which is sms tone)....
it will enter a longer tone, but it will not stop ringing or vibrated...and when i use silent profile it will also not stop vibrated.........., so only the assending one is fine....
i have to search the offset in the flash file, because by changing just the tone file it will not work, i had try that.
. so i must enter the whole file using hexshop and search the sms offset, and replace the last tone with oboc......

i wounder if the ppmedit 1.0h is like this or not....or maybe had been fix this bugs

sorry , if you guys already know about this, i will delete it imediately

NokiaPhreak
02-12-2002, 11:54 AM
yes, ppmedit h already solve this bug....and have many more new features, i guess you need to buy it if you really need to using it.

http://www.geocities.com/ppmedit

Shopping_Guide
02-12-2002, 12:08 PM
This is DEFINITELY not bug in PPMEdit 1.0a.
If you know how, you will also can even LENGTHEN for both Standard and special alert tone which can be made only using Kxplorer. Using Flashtone or MAKtone will resulting in cutting some tone if you use long rttl as standard and or special alert tone.
So the solution is try to undestand what the meaning of every bytes shown in PPMEdit 1.0a
this is how i did this few weeks ago. Now i can make longer for both standard and special mode in alert tone without problem. The alert tone will only ring twice, has vibration, but not continues (adding 0A FE will solve your problem).

SG

optimus777
03-12-2002, 07:27 AM
@ NokiaPhreak
Thanks for you reply

:) :) :)

optimus777
03-12-2002, 07:54 AM
@Shopping_Guide

This is DEFINITELY not bug in PPMEdit 1.0a.

OK,

:)

If you know how, you will also can even LENGTHEN for both Standard and special alert tone which can be made only using Kxplorer. Using Flashtone or MAKtone will resulting in cutting some tone if you use long rttl as standard and or special alert tone

yes, i did it, i fix using hexshop ....Thanks for your Tips i will try it..

optimus777
03-12-2002, 09:27 AM
@NokiaPhreak

can you help me, how to send sms to taiwan ???, what is the smsc free number for taiwan , i have relatif live there..
i alway failed using icq, or other , and using my phone to send sms ,always failed.

can i someday, when i visited taiwan, i go to your place and ask you to change my 8250 flash ic to be change to 8855 ..and i will pay for the cost you ask for, how much is it now ???

Thanks..

NokiaPhreak
03-12-2002, 09:36 AM
Hi,

I'm not all the time in taiwan, so maybe when you visit taiwan, for that time i have sent to another country by company.

And there is no free smsc in taiwan. Where are you from, maybe i can check for you whether taiwan mobile company have linked to your country or not.

optimus777
03-12-2002, 10:03 AM
@ NokiaPhreak

I'm not all the time in taiwan, so maybe when you visit taiwan, for that time i have sent to another country by company

i see, ok. thanks
Thanks again