PDA

View Full Version : How I succeed in unlocking my 3310v5.03...(some help for beginners inside :)

||Joe
21-02-2002, 09:16 PM
Hello!
I had a 3310 v5.03 with locks 1&2 closed. Impossible to unlock it by classical method.
I didn't want to pay for a log on the Web...

But... in this Forum I discovered an unhoped soft... the -Tek-'s Faid Calculator !

I describe here the whole process I used...

- I made a full backup of the phone (200000 to 400000) with Dark Flasher.
- ...found a v4.45 full backup (it was a full backup in my case)
- I used Rolis to separate MCU+PPM from the EEPROM. For that, launch Rolis,
select "3310", open the file that you wanna separate, click Down Arrow button
click Up Arrow button, then save to a new file. This file now contain MCU+PPM we need /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
- ...flashed it to phone with Dark Flasher. First test, OK the phone start and wait for a SIM. Good.
- Launch Logger, it give me a file xxxxx.log.
- Then I launched Faid Calculator, gave him the MCU+PPM file, then the file xxxxx.log.
I obtained a new file, xxxxxout.log. I renamed it in xxxxx.log (deleted original file, no further need)
- And finally I used the logger to update phone with xxxxx.log.

At this point, my phone is fully fontionnal, but is still locked.
But, now his MCU is v4.45, so I easily unlocked it by the classical method of partial flash.

I used these progs :
* B-Phreaks Logger v1.7 (note I had to replace some .ocx in c:/win/system)
* Dark Flasher Shell v1.4d (with adequate partial files) with Dejan 1.00b
* Faid calculator by -tek-
* Nokia DCT3 flasher by Rolis v4.71
* Nokia Tool ASM-C by PRO v035 (infos/verifying purposes)

Remarks : yes, yes, it would be more pertinent to use directly Rolis to backup/flash, but
I preferred use softs I have th abit to employ... It's the first time I use it too /n/images/smiles/icon_eek.gifP
I successfully upgraded my 3210v5.10 to v6.0, and I think my 8210 will be upgraded too, I just need v5.3 backup... Anybody?

Okay, I hope this little explanation will be usefull to somebody, so I didn't wrote it for nothing /n/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif
Please excuse my english i'm just a Frenchie /n/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Thanks again for the help and softs I found on this great forum!

||Joe
21-02-2002, 11:12 PM
Thanks Mate

ByteMe
22-02-2002, 04:01 AM
Hi!

http://brad.satelit.cz/8210

Bye.
ByteMe