View Full Version : Esn Ericsson

alvarot
02-12-2002, 04:34 AM
HI.....GOD LUCK!!!!!

phonedudes
02-12-2002, 04:39 AM
First of all, this is in the WRONG SECTION, ITS an ERICSSON POST

Secondly, its entirely in Spanish

Third of all, what the Heck is its purpose..

green gerbil
02-12-2002, 06:33 AM
Yea, its ericson so it doesnt fit here. I think its information on how to change ericson esns.

fgl30
02-12-2002, 04:33 PM
yes, this is a little tutorial about changing esn in ericsson tdma. No news. Everybody knows that.

Just a little correction phonedudes: the language is portuguese, brazilian protuguese, it was written by a brazilian guy.

Regards

green gerbil
03-12-2002, 05:44 AM
I have seen those things before. I think there is one for CDMA nokias but the guy never wrote how to compute the checksums/id just highlighted where it is, just said it was being worked on.

If you have done this before, I have a few questions about it that I'd like to ask.

1. How is the esn encoded since a hex esn is only 8 bytes (ie 7A14DE2F). The 8 byte thing highlited in blue is apparently machine data and not the esn.
2. Is there any nokiasoc type software for those ericsson models so they dont have to be opened up all the time to read the eeprom.

I translated it to english (thanks to babelfish) below:

ildarkazan
03-12-2002, 08:49 AM
It's ok.
This dump of Ericsson EEPROM is famous...
But I don't know how translate (calculate) ESN(hex) to ESN(in EEPROM encrypted format).
Ex:
ESN (hex) 7310DA0F
ESN (in EEPROM) D8 36 61 D5 6B C2 1C 2E . Check SUM - 28.
Who khow algorytm for translate this formattes?
And where I can find conference about this subject ?
With best regards....

phonedudes
03-12-2002, 09:45 AM
As far as NOKIA is concernced:

Remember ESN checksum is one thing ... You still have the 'mechanical serial number' and 'FAID' to deal with..

If you were to enter a valid esn and checksum and didnt change the MSN or FAID, and used restore factory defaults the phone will revert BACK to the ORIGINAL ESN.

Hmmmm how does it know... Cuz its part of the MSN and FAID!

PHONEDUDES :) :grin: :)

fgl30
03-12-2002, 02:08 PM
This is another big good question. It seems at this moment noboby can convert ericsson tdma esn (hex or dec) to eeprom format. Iīm looking for this answer for a long time and get no asnwer. Iīm just read eeprom and make copy of esn on eeprom lines, and edit the new eeprom overwriting the esn that I copy from old eeprom.

About the reading and writting eeprom values like nokiasoc in nokia, there exists a software named ericsson class tdma, but Iīm affraid it not works propperly. If anybody wants, I can post it for study. Maybe someone wonder its problems.

I canīt read and write a full image of eeprom with ericsson class tdma.

BTW, look at my post http://nokiafree.org/forums/t9068/s2aaeb50c2f4e0c9b21505948942991ef.html

ildarkazan
03-12-2002, 02:37 PM
Please, share this software to forum...
But in Russia, has soft, what switched & change (to any, user definded) ESN in Ericsson TDMA.
But I havn't this software.

fgl30
03-12-2002, 04:17 PM
Ok, here is.

BUT I WARNING YOU USE ONLY IN TEST CELLS.

ANd if someone have success, tell me.

phonedudes
03-12-2002, 05:23 PM
How did we get onl ERICSSON ESN changing in the NOKIA thread still??

PHONEDUDES

green gerbil
03-12-2002, 06:37 PM
dunno how we got onto it but its something else to think about since the nokia stuff isnt figured out. Dunno if ericssons have a faid or msid. From the drawing it seems its only an encryped esn and a checksum.

green gerbil
03-12-2002, 06:43 PM
and I found this program on some gsm site. I dont know if it will read the whole eeprom or tdma ericssons but you might as well try it.

ildarkazan
03-12-2002, 07:28 PM
Hi !
What code for this program ???
Or crack ???

green gerbil
03-12-2002, 09:28 PM
just click ok when it asks you for the code. thats what I did and it worked.

phonedudes
04-12-2002, 12:09 AM
@greengerbil

Well you definitely have a point! Even though we personally cannot stand Ericsson products ESPECIALLY there TDMA (JUNK!) it does prove to be a NEW subject that actually might be FUN for awhile, well.... at the least a few days :)

jose miguel
04-12-2002, 02:31 AM
program allertool VIRUS--"W32/MAGISTR.A"!!!!!!
WARNING!!

PRECAUCION PROGRAMA ADJUNTO EN POST CONTIENE VIRUS!!

phonedudes
04-12-2002, 09:41 AM
WE KNOW 'greengerbil' would NEVER post a KNOWN virus infected soft..

Curious about the post from 'jose' we virus scanned it locally as well is checked it w/3 other online scanners...

NONE OF THEM SHOWED any Virus..

So what Virus Program are you running 'jose miguel'??

Phonedudes

ildarkazan
04-12-2002, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by fgl30
Ok, here is.
BUT I WARNING YOU .......
ANd if someone have success...........

Hmmm...
This program (posted your) can read phone parameters...
But... when I try read eeprom, this program eeprom readed, but file, which program create (eeprom dump) is bad !
When I read from 0000 to 3FFF lenght of file is around 200 bytes... I use Max232 & serial com 1 . Phone is Ericsson LX677 and 5 pins on phone & 3 pins on com port I use.
This program like nokiasoc 2 ...
I heard, that nokiasoc3 can change esn in nokia TDMA.
May be Ericsson service software 3 (may be this version) can change ESN in Ericsson TDMA...
But we havn't this programm.
Why I can't correctly read EEProm from Ericsson ???

With best regards...

fgl30
04-12-2002, 10:34 PM
I told you: I DONīT KNOW WHATīS WRONG WITH THIS SOFTWARE.

With it I can read eeprom, but the values are wrong. Is not possible read all information.

I hope some programmer in this forum can fix it and tell us whatīs wrong

The point isnīt chaging esn in ericsson tdma. This is very simple and you can use the little tutorial that our friend translate to english language.

The point is r/w eeprom without open the phone. Thatīs the big point.

Regards to all

ismael_mj23
04-12-2002, 11:08 PM
My friends, be careful with the ericsson class. IT DAMAGES PHONES. It will turn lcd black on T18, 600, 1228. It only works correctly on 588/788 but it will erase copmpletely the phone data.

ismael_mj23

green gerbil
04-12-2002, 11:50 PM
heh. Its no virus. I scanned it with nortons
with definitions current as of 11/24/02 and nothing. Dunno what your smoking.

jose miguel
05-12-2002, 03:07 AM
Phonedudes:
not that so serious it is the message of the virus, but less than I can do is to warn! ..... (I do not speak well, english ..it excuses) .

The antivirus that use is: Antivir Personal Edition v.6.16.. OK!!??....file c://allertool.exe contains code of the virus "w32/magistr A".
Bye...:eek:

green gerbil
06-12-2002, 04:32 AM
well I would check YOUR computer. This virus infects exe files so it possibly could have infected the file when you downloaded or ran it on your machine. Maybe your computer is not fully cleaned of a previous infectin. This thing is a year old and I have the latest virus definitions, if it was on my computer it would have been found.

http://www.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/[email protected]