PDA

View Full Version : How to change 8850 imei

||Joe
21-02-2002, 01:55 PM
I bought nokia 8850 and it does not work in my country. My friend told me that I have to change the IMEI number. And I want to do it by myself.
What I have to do ?
What software and hardware do I need ?
Dejan Box ?

Thanks in advance

Obyz

||Joe
21-02-2002, 03:00 PM
what country? I don't think the IMEI is stopping it from working in your country.

||Joe
21-02-2002, 05:01 PM
Well, Obyz !

Thailand ...sure ! You can read your phone with Dejan Box (LOG File) If you are not able to recalculate new IMEI email to me ! I'll help you further !

Tman

||Joe
21-02-2002, 05:02 PM
Hi outerc0re !

IMEI is stopping to log to network ! Monopol....... business you know...

Tman

||Joe
21-02-2002, 06:20 PM
Yes. Thailand /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

So I need to build the dejan box and use dejan software to read my phone data, right ?

Obyz

HOUSIN ELASKARY
21-02-2002, 09:23 PM
yes i think u need that or open the flash using hex edite and chang the imei from the flash

HOUSIN ELASKARY
21-02-2002, 09:28 PM
and i think u have to make it from eprom i think .........see .
This was taken from a flash of a 3330 4.30 200000-600000 with the imei of 35060080804668 and security imei of 350600808046687

see the image for the view opened in a hex editor
at file offset starting from 3F0032 (Hex) you can see the bytes 35 06 00 80 80 46 68 which is the imei unencrypted

at file offset starting from 3F0162 (hex) you will see the bytes 50 63 65 E5 E5 23 0D 15
open up calculator in windows and switch to scientific mode and hex mode
take the first byte which is 50 and xor it by 65 which will give u the answer of 35
thats the fist 2 digits of the security imei, carry on with the rest of the bytes to give you the rest

eg:
50 63 65 E5 E5 23 0D 15
xor's by 65 Hex is
35 06 00 80 80 46 68 70

whatever you want the last digit to be if you change it must have a zero after it
so 7 is the last digit becomes 70 xor'd by 65 Hex=15 as in example above
-=HOUSIN=-
.........EGYPT........

o_MAST
21-02-2002, 09:30 PM
Hi Tman,
I have Dejan Box (maked myself /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif )
If I send you nk_phone.log can you send me correct nk_phone.set 4 free?
How do you do to calc nk_phone.set from nk_phone.log?

B.r.

Bye

||Joe
21-02-2002, 10:47 PM
@Tman - you can calculate IMEI security data? make imei logs etc etc???
br
outerc0re

||Joe
22-02-2002, 01:23 AM
At the moment YES ! I developed some routines (software based) to recalculate IMEI. Using DEJAN BOX to take LOG file and recalculating it and UPLOADING back to phone. Software works but making multilogs, on 15th log it still crashes. I haven't had much time for that. Maybe end of the month. I'm still testing it.

Tman

||Joe
22-02-2002, 05:48 AM
@housin

I must change 2 of them and upload it back to my phone, right ?
Anything else ?

Thanks.

Obyz

||Joe
22-02-2002, 05:55 AM
Sorry Obyz..that method WON'T WORK /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif
Your phone won't connect to Network. If you know a bit what network they are using here ! It's Nokia based in Bangkok area. Up country you can check it with Ericsson technology B.C 300..

Tman

||Joe
22-02-2002, 09:32 AM
Hi Tman

What method will work in Thailand ?

Thanks

Obyz

||Joe
22-02-2002, 01:18 PM
Only thing that WORKS is to get PHONE BY PHONE LOG done. Dejan Box is good for that. THEN... you need service that can RECALCULATE your new IMEI number. You upload the new log to your phone...voila !!! Works.....

And remember one thing. IF YOU IMPORT PHONES FROM SINGAPORE, HONG KONG OR MALAYSIA (which I think you do or want to do). You have to take LOG file from ALL phones ONE BY ONE !!!!! This all because every phone has own COBBA ID . If you buy 100pcs 8890's you have to take LOG from each phone and recalculate EVERY LOG file and upload it back to phone !

If you upload one recalculated LOG file to all phones only one will work ( that phone you took the original LOG file).

Tman

||Joe
22-02-2002, 03:41 PM
Hi Tman

I didn't import the mobile phone. I just buy for use only /n/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif.
And want to change to IMEI by myself for educational purpose.

Thank for advice.

Obyz

||Joe
22-02-2002, 04:49 PM
would you share some of your software routines??? or give some hints to how its done? (sorry for being cheeky!)
br
outerc0re

eastRain
23-02-2002, 11:52 AM
TMan,

Hi, seems that it's all about IMEI in Thailand again...TMan, if i using M'sia roaming system in Thailand, with my own Mobile Phone, will it work at Thailand?What is exactly mean by "need service that can RECALCULATE your new IMEI number"? As you have mentioned in early message, if one need your calculation in IMEI, you will make a IMEI that eventually work with specific country...as i know my country is an exception...can briefly make few sucks country which using IMEI blocking method? And the most important is will ROAMING work in those country???

eastRain

||Joe
23-02-2002, 03:34 PM
SUBJECT: IMEI is very very interestinf area. Everyone wants and needs to know how to change it !. Sure it's needed in many cases. The only BAD thing is that I don't like to pass this kind of information to persons who are delaing with stolen phones ! All those stolen phones can be then modified so that no one knows from where it came from!!! Believe me, I have my ways to check it out if someone offers stolen phone for me (to change IMEI)......

Yep, roaming works well. You have your M'sia card in your own phone. While you are in Thailand it works fine...sure. But If you put THAI card inside, it won't connect to network. Thailand is the very few country in the world who have locked phones using IMEI code (only specified numbers are accepted to network using THAI simcard). It's so hard today that if you have more than 2 phones when you arrive to Thailand, custom might take it away (because they think you are gonna to sell'em).

If your modified (IMEI) phone with your own countrys sim card logs to network REOAMING WILL WORK 100%. (Some Telecom Companies require to get additional Roaming agreement). But anyhow, it works.

With that service I means , that usually you can get IMEI changed only in Official Nokia Service Center. AND you need a goddamn good reason WHY you want to change IMEI number. 99.9% They don't do it. (unless you don't have friend there). Yes there are some who can RECALCULATE new IMEI for you. I'm not so fond of that, but can offer such services. Everyone does their own research...sure. IMEI recalculation is worth of +100K$ at the moment. And more important if you can do it on DCT 4 generation too.

||Joe
23-02-2002, 03:47 PM
Hi Outerc0re !

I know how interesting it will be to release code to recalculate IMEI. But I won't do the same as the someone did for DEJAN BOX. Year ago worth of $2000 and now they are selling less than $100USD (cheapest offer to me was $59USD/pcs). The whole show started when code was released for sales ! It was sold cheaper and cheaper every day.. so it collapsed the price. In one year from $2000USD to $59USd ..?? More like a joke today (price). But Still a good tool, I recommended it to all.

I will not be the guy who's gonna crash IMEI full programming sources. There are some who are selling their IMEI change boxes from $20000 to $100000USD (for Nokia mobile phones). I don't need to get stamped as "@!#$" among those who buy it for 100K$ and I release free code... no I'm not the guy who's gonna bring its price down like what happened with DEJAN BOX !!!

Tman

||Joe
23-02-2002, 07:45 PM
Hi

Tman you can calculate this log for me??
I thanked you immense. My telephone is a 3310 with the version 5.03 and the locks plows EEEEE and FFFFFF.

Thank you