PDA

View Full Version : Need an EEprom dump of working 6150

bajasko
03-12-2002, 12:29 AM
As in the topic. Get Contact service all the time. Anyone knows where it lies?

best rgds

Bartek J.

octodur
03-12-2002, 01:04 AM
But how do i dump my eeprom file from my 6110 ? i meen with what software, i got like 500 megs of nokia software and i cant find one single program that dumps my current rom...

:confused:

cprafferty
03-12-2002, 03:08 PM
As its an external EEPROM you will need to use something like Pony-Prog reader.

http://ucables.com/img/pics/EPM-PROG.jpg

octodur
03-12-2002, 05:14 PM
So u cant dump a eeprom form a m2bus or flash cable ?

I think im mixing up a few things =)
But its possible to dump/make backup of a the phones flash to .fls file right ?

With what program in that case =) ?

bajasko
03-12-2002, 05:42 PM
In case of an external eeprom you can't (AFAIK) read its content via M2Bus or FBus, you have to use external programmer (I use JDM Programmer). Internal eeprom is emulated within flash, so you can down and upload it via Dejan for example.

Back to my question : I need the content of working 6150 eeprom.

best rgds

Bartek (bajasko)

cprafferty
03-12-2002, 05:49 PM
I think it can be done (if you read the help section in the Nokia Tool by Rolis) but I don't know how

It because the Phone has its EEPROM chip externally not emulated like in the new phone

51XX, 61XX and 3210 all have the EEPROM located as a seperate chip

all the new phones emulate te EEPROM so can be read with a flash cable because it part of the flash.

The program I used is called ponyprog from here (http://www.lancos.com/prog.html)

octodur
03-12-2002, 07:28 PM
i think i need a manual to read, since im not getting whats the difference between the eeprom and flash ?

I meen i bought a flash cable and m2bus cable, but i cant do anything with that ? I need a external programer to write and dump eeproms and flash. Hehe, i dont get a thing, go much information in a few days =)

Anyone got a manual or something for newbie like myself =) ?

cprafferty
04-12-2002, 01:25 AM
Right The new phones have the FULL flash (MCU+PPM+EEPROM+PMM) in a flash chip that can be read with a dejan flash cable and your program of choice

The old phones have the flash in different locations, the MCU and PPM are in the flash chip that can be read with a dejan flash cable and the EEPROM is on the seperate chip that the dejan cable can't read.

So to conclude you will need to get a chip reader like the one in the picture I post before and a program to read the chip.

octodur
05-12-2002, 12:33 AM
What phones do you define as new phones =) ?

I got a dejan flash cable, but i dont have the one you posted.

Im going to try my luck on a 8210 to flash it and i guess its maby one of the older phones ?

Btw if the phone is locked to a Service Provider and i want to unlock it (lets say its the 8210) is that possible with the dejan flash cable ? Or do i need to overwrite the EEPROM for that ?

Im sorry for asking such lame questions but im only new at this =)
And its hard to find good tutorials/manuals =/

cprafferty
05-12-2002, 02:24 AM
The 3310 and above are the new type of phones.

Yes the 8210 is a new phone so you can read ALL of the flash. You no longer have to use a dejan cable to remove the SP on a phone.

Using MBUS cable (M2BUS is the SAME thing) and a copy of Nokia Tool by rolis (in the download section) you can unlock the phone.

octodur
07-12-2002, 11:07 PM
okey now i got some idea on how to do it =)

thanx a lot for the information!

comet2
08-12-2002, 07:24 PM
here...use ponyprog read/write