PDA

View Full Version : help! im a newbie(help on 8290 & 6190)

||Joe
20-02-2002, 10:52 AM
im totally new.. i dont know what flashing is... i want to UPGRADE the phones software(is that possible?).. i want to put predictive text input onto a 5190 or a 6190.. i used a 5190 with autospell on it!!!!! i have datacables for the 8290 and 6190.. i have both phones and i was wondering what can i do to them? what's cool? please help me pLEASE!

Yasser
20-02-2002, 04:15 PM
Hi Joey

Read the previous posts by ppl.........look in older posts.....all is there.

Take Care

BR

Yasser

||Joe
20-02-2002, 10:40 PM
thank u... but im looking but everyone uses these terms i have no clue wiht... flashing.... faid...... all that stuff confuses me... can u breifly explain how to "upgrade" software on a cellphone? i downloaded a bunch of programs but i dont know what to use or whats correct? PLEASE SOMEONE. help me.. thanks

Yasser
20-02-2002, 11:08 PM
Hi Joey

How are you?

I have written a post just about that topic.....about a week ago...but can't recall what day and what title.....if u have time....check it in the last 7-8 days posts.

Thanks.

BR

Yasser.

||Joe
21-02-2002, 07:24 AM
ok yasser... i glanced over every post u made since jan 21... i still dont see how?? i notice u keep talking about using rollis or something? can u tell me what does it do? what do i need to upgrade the firmware(or software) of the phone.. all i want is AUTOSPELL(predictive text input) or whatever.. i have a 8290 and a 6190.. and i like the reception on the 6190(uses sim card).. and well llike i wanna just be able to type easier.. u know? what can i do or accomplish by flashing??? please help me.. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE

Yasser
21-02-2002, 08:35 AM
Hi Joey

So u just want autospell?? Is that it???I think u just want to use the dictionary right?? You can easily do that by going in to phone menu.....and enabling it...simple.

Flashing is used to upgrade or downgrade a phone firmware version....for example....u can upgrade a 8210 version 5.29 to 5.30 by flashing it. One of the tools or software u use to do this is Rolis 4.77. I use it as I find it very simple to use and its VERY user friendly. You could also use others...like Dejan 1.00b or DarkLemming Shell...etc etc.

Unlocking is another thing. This is when a phone is locked to a particular phone provider.....like One2One in England....where I live. To unlock a phone so that it can work on any SIM, we have to unlock it. /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

This is your first lesson.....hehehe....think about it......and get back to me.......and I think u missed my post................try going back 7-8 days before 21JAN...u will find it.....

I hope this helps

Take Care

BR

Yasser

||Joe
21-02-2002, 11:09 AM
ohhh i c ic... but i want autospell on a 6190.. i have a 8290 and it already has it... the 6190 doesn't.. and it doesn't show pictures either(but ive seen some that do).. ive used a 5190 that has autospell on it too.. how would i go about making a 6190 to have autospell?

||Joe
23-02-2002, 07:32 PM
HEY PLEASE HELP ME YASSER!!!!! WHAT DO I NEED???
I have a 61/51xx data cable(FBUS).. and i have a F/M Bus for 8290....