PDA

View Full Version : Logos & Ringtones for 8310

Blootoon
05-12-2002, 12:50 PM
I have a data cable for a Nokia 8310 and I would like to put logos and ringtones onto the phone using the data cable. Is there any software that will work with a data cable as I do not have an infra red or IRDA port in my computer.

I have tried logomanager but it doens't work with the data cable. I have asked the person I bought the cable from, but no reply (DAMN EBAY!).

Any help much appreciated.

nokiapal
05-12-2002, 04:14 PM
Did you change the connection type of logomanager to cable?

If NO, in Logomanager go to:

Tools>Options. You have to change the Communications type to cable and select cable type and Com port tht the cable is connected to.

If yes, Make sure no other device is interfering with the com port u r using.

Blootoon
05-12-2002, 11:42 PM
Yes, I tried that and it returned an error message telling me that it couldnt find the phone. And I also tried it in both of my com ports. I even tried it in my laptop in case it did not work with my desktop computer for some reason. But nothing worked.

nokiapal
06-12-2002, 01:57 PM
If yes, set the connection type to IrDA drivers and restart logomanager. set menu-9 to connect phone

OR

If no, could you post what the error message was.

limchai
20-12-2002, 05:13 AM
Originally posted by Blootoon
Yes, I tried that and it returned an error message telling me that it couldnt find the phone. And I also tried it in both of my com ports. I even tried it in my laptop in case it did not work with my desktop computer for some reason. But nothing worked.

try look on ur computer setting..on ur computer and press delete..go to port connection..make it auto..and save it..than restart ur computer...it happen to me be4.hope this will help u..