PDA

View Full Version : two phone numbers same phone

jamesshafer
06-12-2002, 03:48 AM
can you program to different phone numbers into the same phone?

e.g. I have a cingular account and an AT&T account... I know they have different SOCs but I have a 6360 that is unlocked... can i program nam1 with cingular info and nam2 with AT&T info (or vice versa) and have the phone ring either way.....

I have the nationwide no roaming no long distance plan for cingular and an on network only AT&T plan...

Cingular SOC 3 SID 36 & 106
AT&T SOC 2049 SID 5888

Is this possible? If not, please shed some light on what NAM1 NAM2 & NAM3 are for....

green gerbil
06-12-2002, 04:17 AM
not possible unless you rewrite the whole phone software. Your phone may have 2 nams but only one esn.

guard
06-12-2002, 07:46 AM
Hi jammes
You can do it, but you need to change into one NAM to other in setting area of the phone, When you have programed the NAMs,
it like changing station one to station two. In setting area you choose "change own number" and the phone do it automatically.
Bye...guard
;)

jamesshafer
06-12-2002, 09:28 AM
green gerbil i do not want to have two esn just two phone numbers

I will register the same esn with att and cingular

guard i am not sure what you are trying to tell me....

if i set up both nams individually and then use the "own number selection" this should automatically switch between the two nams?

guard
06-12-2002, 08:55 PM
That set, When you finish to program the two NAM, OR three, like it is, turn off the phone, and go to setting menu, in "select own number area", then choose the number you want to use, and press "ok", the phone do the rest automatically. Bye ..Happy Holiday, and Happy New Year!!!!!guard:cool: :)

telecaster
06-12-2002, 11:04 PM
Only thing is.....If you have it set to NAM 1 (example AT&T)and someone calls your cingular number (NAM 2)it wont ring..

guard
07-12-2002, 12:00 AM
hi, All right, only function the number you select in the menu, to make and receive a calls. Bye.guard:p

green gerbil
07-12-2002, 12:07 AM
yea, if the esn is registered on both systems then it will work. all you do is set up the nams. but like telecaster said, only one phone is on at a time. basically multiple nams are on the whole useless.

jamesshafer
07-12-2002, 11:40 AM
i appreciate the info and i have one more question.....

att and cingular both send out IRDB updates...

of course i want to use the att irdb to prevent roaming issues...

if i activate the phone with cingular on nam2 and get their irdb and then activate it with att on nam1 and recieve their irdb, I should have ATT IRDB (which is what I want...) or does it keep a different IRDB for each NAM.... I am hoping it will keep the ATT IRDB because this allows me to know when i am roaming with ATT but it doesnt matter if i roam with cingular.

If I am in Louisiana on network I will use ATT NAM, if I am out of Louisiana I will use Cingular NAM... this scenario should work?!

thanks

guard
08-12-2002, 02:04 AM
Hi, You have trouble, AT&T and Cingular are partners, and you probably can't use both companies, becuse in the IRDB setting is where stay the information about what company the cel scan,accept or reject, so you don't have any to loose, try, of course one thing in mind AT&T first. Like you say you can't doing nothing changing the IRDB, because the carrier send a signal, resetting again......Good Luck!!!!