PDA

View Full Version : FAID calculation source!

Mircea Vasiliu
19-02-2002, 06:17 PM
Hi!

Here is my emulator that I used to calculate the MSID and can now calculate FAID also (I could check it only on 3 logs because I miss the corresponding flash files for other logs, maybe you can check it on more files and let me know if it really works).

Source code included /n/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif Hope a complete flashing program will be out in no time.

ldril

||Joe
19-02-2002, 06:28 PM
Hi Idril
I shall mail you private later.
br
outerc0re

Yasser
19-02-2002, 06:35 PM
Hi Idril

I tried this Faid.exe in dos..........doesn't work.

What are the proper instrustions???

Give one working example on how to calculate FAID using this faid.exe.

Thanks

BR

Yasser

Mircea Vasiliu
19-02-2002, 06:49 PM
@Yasser
The executable was compiled as a Windows console application under Win 2K. So I think it won't work under pure DOS. I think it should work in a Windows DOS box (it works for example under Win 95). However if you have some C compiler I think it should compile well and work under DOS as well.

To program displays the FAID if you give him two parameters: the name of the flash file (full flash - MCU+PPM) and the MSID. It takes the cobba id from MSID and calculates the FlashCHK from the file, uses them to calculate the FAID and then displays the FAID.

One cannot use this program to update the phones. It is just for illustration purposes and if it works ok then it can be included in a flasher program made by someone else. I don't have cables and phones for experimenting for the time being. This could change in a month or two, but until then someone else will have to make the update program.

||Joe
19-02-2002, 08:32 PM
Hi Idril
just a quick question(s) - do you know how to implement the 'cobba id from MSID' and the 'calculate FAID' functions WITHOUT the emulator? I ask as I think it'll be difficult programming faid-eeprom-update software using the emulator. I really want to make a start at this, i'd be grateful if you can help me.
thanks
outerc0re

Mircea Vasiliu
19-02-2002, 10:45 PM
@outerc0re
Actually no /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif I didn't study the algorithm very much. I just did the emulator just because I wanted to avoid recoding the algorithm and maybe loosing something on the way...And it seemed more interesting /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif I could make a program that would calculate FAID without emulator, but this would require some time and I haven't got much. However it's very simple to use the emulator. I can make a wrapper function that gets the msid and the flash chk and returns the faid in a buffer. Having this function it wouldn't matter what's behind. The emulator would be a little slower, but not too much anyway. And the hex file could be put directly into the array so no extra files to care about. If this looks like a god idea to you, I will work on it tomorrow.

ldril

P.S. small correction: my nick is LDRIL /n/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif, all small letters, no capitals. The font makes little L and big i look the same /n/images/smiles/icon_frown.gif

NokDoc
19-02-2002, 11:22 PM
Mr Mircea Vasiliu:

Man of my dreams, this 'Arm' dissassembling thing really opened new worlds for me!

TanX for many sleepless nights coming up.

Keep Going; NokDoc.

Kontact
20-02-2002, 03:37 AM
it would be nice if you could teach us how to get the cobba id from the msid... many thanks

||Joe
20-02-2002, 09:16 AM
Hi guys, I never thought things posted elsewhere began here /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

To Ldril, how can I update the FAID on phone with the calculated FAID of your program without using any logger, just the old hex editor and flasher?

Mircea Vasiliu
20-02-2002, 09:51 AM
Hi to all!

I'm working on a more "programmer friendly" version of my program. It will have a function for calculating faid from msid and flash chk, and a function to calculate the flash chk from a file. In fact the latter function is copied from fchk.c that was around for a while. Everything will be in a single file and it should be easy to use.

ldril

asgaardro
14-10-2003, 03:44 AM
whre do i find u're prog for test?
pls mail me here: [email protected]
mersi mircea

Manipulator
14-10-2003, 04:38 AM
Hi!

Here is my emulator that I used to calculate the MSID and can now calculate FAID also (I could check it only on 3 logs because I miss the corresponding flash files for other logs, maybe you can check it on more files and let me know if it really works).

Source code included /n/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif Hope a complete flashing program will be out in no time.

ldril

hi,can i hav a copy of the program or ... too.where can i dl it.i also wanna do some study on it,.thanks in advance.

[email protected]. :)

Mircea Vasiliu
21-10-2003, 03:56 PM
The link is

http://www.geocities.com/ldril/

gulastugan
16-12-2003, 01:24 PM
Thank you, always good with a link ;)