PDA

View Full Version : Any options to hide number ?

mobilerocks
07-12-2002, 01:47 PM
Hello Everyone,

I'am just curious to know that is there any possibility to hide my mobile phone number when i send SMS to my other friends. For example, if we send or forward Ringtones we dont get that person's number, all we get is Ringing Tone Recevied. So, is there seriously any way to hide my mobile phone number when i send SMS to my friends, if that happens then it would seriously be FUN :P

rustyz
07-12-2002, 04:09 PM
What know is that the number can be encoded but not sms.Keep me updated if it is possible through ICQ:grin:

cyclo
07-12-2002, 10:52 PM
It isn't possible to hide your number directly on your phone. If you have access to a gateway (f. eks. vi cimd) you can however.

GeeZuZz
08-12-2002, 01:46 PM
In a few countries it is possible.

Try to write *1# or *N# i can't remember which of them.

In Norway i only get a delivery report when using them.

slikmik
08-12-2002, 08:07 PM
not easy to spoof sms so senders number not shown but send a reminder guys! the reminder is anonymous when sent

i figured this out and started sending reminders to aLL these girls sayin how fit they are etc etc then realised that if they have a 3210 it actually displays my number D'OH!!! :( :( :(

But works for like 3310 to 8210 etc

Have fun

Mike :p

ryan_chong
09-12-2002, 05:46 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by slikmik
[B]not easy to spoof sms so senders number not shown but send a reminder guys! the reminder is anonymous when sent

Sound like so good!I'll try it.Thanks!

i figured this out and started sending reminders to aLL these girls sayin how fit they are etc etc then realised that if they have a 3210 it actually displays my number D'OH!!! :( :( :(

Haha...wat a shame...Have a good luck next time
;) Thanks for informed us b4 i send some noty sms to my all my girls friends:p

Thanks....

slikmik
09-12-2002, 08:57 PM
ha ha no probs ryan

have fun mate :)

Mike