PDA

View Full Version : PIC 12C672/12CE674 Programmer

FEARHQ
10-12-2002, 08:07 AM
Will the ponyprogrammer be any good to program a PIC 12C672 or 12CE674? On their site they say the 12C672 is untested... Has anyone built this and used it? The reason I need this programmer is to program a PIC 12C672 for a DCT3 clip that also does imei change... I have the apropriate hex and schematics and such... But I'm not sure what programmer to use, nor do I have any schematics. I've also heard of a VP20 programmer - what does that do? Please post a name and/or schematics of a programmer that will fit my needs. Thanks for any help

KnOeFz
10-12-2002, 08:08 PM
I posted links and schematics to vp20 programmer (even inclusing pics!) a couple of times... pls use the search function... I've suggested this to you before if I remember correctly.... The search button is on the top right of your screen ;) Note that some people have had succes building the vp20, others were less lucky...

You can use Icprog ( www.ic-prog.com ) to program the pic. 100% tested with vp20 by me :D

-=K=-

FEARHQ
10-12-2002, 11:57 PM
I found the VP20 programmer yesterday during my search, but it sounded more like a sim reader/writer to me, at least that's what I thought... I have your schematics from it, they are superb ;)

However, the search button is frustrating, as it doesn't allow words like "PIC", "VP20" and so on... they say the words are too small, even when it's used in conjunction with other words. Like "VP20 Programmer" will fail because of VP20 too short, so will "Schematics PIC programmer" becasue of PIC too short...

The question here, really, was what programmer should I use, because I found a PonyProgrammer with poor shcematics and "untested" support accoarding to their own website, and all I could find on VP20 (on google search that is..) are places that sell them, usually in a foreign language with translators complelely failing, and always in places related to satellite "hacking" and components. I wasn't sure if the VP20 was good for PIC programming, but it seemed to be, just wanted to have confirmation from someone that knows a little more than I do about this stuff ;) I certainely didn't need the VP20 schematics, just those of programmers that people would recommend...

Thanks once again KnOeFz for helping me out, you're awnsers are always helpful :D I didn't want to ask question 'X' for a millionth time after it was already asked, but I couldn't find any questions related to PIC programming, mainly becasue I can't search anything having the word PIC in it on this forum :(