PDA

View Full Version : Repairing BAD IMEI

Oliver
18-02-2002, 06:33 AM
Hello

I have this idea, and I dont know if this works, I have a phone with bad (Nokia 3310) IMEI and contact service, well to make this phone have a change to live, I make a back-up from another good phone (20-40 that is mcu+ppm+eeprom+pmm) well, then I write this to the bad phone and resulting a 4 locks and different IMEI number, to change the IMEI number I use NFREE or some software but the problem is that only the "orginal IMEI" has only change, the "IMEI" does not, so there are two IMEI now.

to repair its 4locks, is it possible to use logger to recalculate its FAID and make that phone live????

Regards...

I would love to hear from gurus to share thier ideas if this works... thanks

Oliver

Yasser
18-02-2002, 07:05 AM
Hi Oliver!!!

How are you? You are back...nice one. So what have you done this time eh? DO u have the EEPROM backup of ur phone?

Give me more details about ur 3310 version etc.

Take Care

BR

Yasser

Oliver
18-02-2002, 08:46 AM
Hello Yasser

well Im fine /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif thanks for asking

from the moment I read this phone it has no IMEI number, I don't know the cause, so what I do is to read from another phone (20-40) then write it to that phone but the problem is that it has different IMEI so what I do is change it to its original IMEI by using NFREE or some software, but the problem is, only the "original IMEI" has change not the IMEI,

Regards

PS: 3310v445

Oliver

Yasser
18-02-2002, 05:44 PM
Hi Olliver!!!

Have you got a EEPROM backup??? YES OR NO?

Take Care

BR

Yasser

||Joe
18-02-2002, 06:42 PM
Take a LOG file of it with original / other IMEI you have ..Send it to me.. I'll test some with it. Now, put MCU & PPM (same versions) back to your phone.

Just take a log and give me IMEI number you need !!!..

I'll test it during weekend !!

Tman

Oliver
19-02-2002, 04:24 AM
Hello Yasser,

Yes I have a backup my phone from (mcu+ppm+eeprom+pmm), but the backup has bad IMEI ( the IMEI is erased ).

Yasser
19-02-2002, 04:37 AM
Hi Oliver

Well, if the backupis bad, than try fixing it with Nfree and than try

Yasser.

PS..If it doesn't work, I have no other solution....maybe someone else can answer....sorry

Oliver
20-02-2002, 06:40 AM
Yes I just change the "Orginal IMEI" but the problem is that how can I change the IMEI? because it has two IMEI now, first is the one that the 20-40 and the other is the IMEI that I change...

Please help me

||Joe
20-02-2002, 12:35 PM
Don't worry Oliver. IMEI change is "one of the smallest problem" /n/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif. Otherwise your phone works ? yeah? No burned parts or whatever ? Technically it works ?

I got your email.. If you have DEJAN BOX make log with it, if possible. I'll check it for you during weekend - beginning next week. I'll be travelling in the next few days so be patient. IMEI LOG is your only chance in this point. You''ll get your phone work again.... don't worry.

Tman

PS. Make log with Dejan Box if possible ?