PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to.........

rustyz
10-12-2002, 05:01 PM
Is there a way to prevent damaging Battery like use the battery untill it is all used up...........or what
please advice.........

welshwizard
10-12-2002, 05:30 PM
i was told when i bought my phone....

let the battery run totally flat at least 1ce a week, that will keep it healy and prolong life.

Yozhee
10-12-2002, 06:42 PM
Yes! theres a way on how to prevent damaging your battery.

If ur battery is Ni-Mh:

a) If ur battery is Ni-Mh, drain it first before u charge it.

b) Dont use ur phone while charging.

c) Avoid using different chargers, if u r using slow charger
dont use fast charger it will damage ur battery. and f
r using Fast charger, just vice versa.

d) B careful, if u r using car charger, make sure u charge it
low bat/drain or else it will ruin ur batery coz its output is
7-8volts(more or less) and its not advisable to use a quick
charger coz it will decrease the life span of ur battery.

If u r battery is Li-on:

a) Avoid overcharging it coz its very sensitive. It will affect
its standby time and its life span.

b) Avoid draining the battery coz its not advisable.

Hope it helps u my friend!!!!

Yozhee
:D :D :D :D

rpalmer
10-12-2002, 07:05 PM
i have always left my 8210's Li Ion battery until the phone switches itself off, is this wrong then?, if so when should i begin recharging it as soon as battery low is displayed? or even sooner than that?.

Cheers,
Ry

rustyz
10-12-2002, 11:17 PM
rpalmer it is ok to recharge your phone until it turn off as Yozhee say"If ur battery is Ni-Mh, drain it first before u change,Dont use ur phone while charging."

anyway thank you for your advice

green gerbil
10-12-2002, 11:56 PM
where do you get draining a li-ion is bad from? Not draining it is even worse. I know for the li-ions on laptops, if you dont charge the new ones all the way up the first few times then 100% will be below the actual full charge and if you charge it from a certain point other than it draining, then 0 stays there. For instance my battery stays on on 0 for an hour because the idiot didnt charge it right.

rpalmer
11-12-2002, 12:11 AM
I have this same problem with a laptop Li-Ion battery, its nearly new but when i first plug the laptop in the mains it charges for about a minute then thinks its full!, obviously i can't run the laptop on the battery with a minutes charge!.

Is there any way to reset this effect?, i've opened the battery pack up and there is a circuit board inside with a couple of chips on.

Any help with this is appreciated!, the cells can't have had it cos it isn't that old.