PDA

View Full Version : Edited, saved, ... now incomplete

anthony_bud
11-12-2002, 04:15 AM
Hi to all!

I used Hexworkshop (Find/Replace) to change the "MENU" text in flash file (change w/ my name) but after saving, i can't flask back to my phone cause it says Incomplete.

Tried also to change using PPMMngr but it says "STRING EEPROM NOT FOUND" after checking it with Rolis flasher.

The flash file is already a modified one. I just want to change the "MENU" text on it, w/ my name blinking maybe.

Pls. help. :)

pipoy
11-12-2002, 05:13 AM
its much easier doin it in PPMedit

peace!

theremoids
11-12-2002, 05:37 AM
use ppm manager 0.91... import/export text function... change Menu to \x01YourName\x01

anthony_bud
11-12-2002, 06:48 AM
@ Theremoids

Already did it but the problem is, i got contact service after flashing. The file i'm using is already a modified one. I read the flash using Rolis and that's what i'm trying to edit.

:(

ryan_chong
11-12-2002, 06:54 AM
Hai mates...

Try to use PPMedit to do that.It's much easier.

PPMedit > Languanges > Find for any words u want and change it

Don't forget to checksum after editeing.I'm using NFree 1.2 to checksum and everything is fine.

Good luck....

Thanks .......

theremoids
11-12-2002, 07:15 AM
use ppmedit and save both mcu and ppm separately and combine them again... now you can use the mcu+ppm in ppm manager... update all ppm crcs after editing the text...

101% NO contact service.

anthony_bud
11-12-2002, 07:39 AM
@ Theremoids

Thanx mate!

That was new to me. Do mean save the file in PPMEdit w/o touching anything then modify in PPMMngr?

I got here only PPMEdit 1.0 (Crack) , how can i save the ppm and mcu separately?

Anyway, thanx again.

@ Ryan

How can i see the texts in PPMEdit since there are only several texts there that can be modified?

Pls. help

ryan_chong
11-12-2002, 07:53 AM
Hai again....

You can find all the words in "Languanges" section in PPMedit.
I've changed many words and 100% succesfull.If u wan the words blinking just add \x01 infront and at the back of the words.

Thanks .....

anthony_bud
11-12-2002, 09:29 AM
ok i got it!:)

I'll try it later. Hope this will work. What's the difference in using PPMMngr w/ PPMedit anyway?

Why am i getting CS when done in PPMMngr?

Just want it cleared for future situations.

Thanx mate!:)

[email protected]

ryan_chong
11-12-2002, 09:34 AM
Hopefully tat work for u!;)

For me,PPMmanager is very complex.Maybe i dunno how 2 use it.The PPM edit is very nice.Done a lot of things there.Spend some time and play wit it and u'll hv ur own fls files soon...

Good luck!Thanks....