PDA

View Full Version : Help with 5510 Data Cable !!

PanterA
13-12-2002, 08:43 AM
Gday All,

I just bought a Data Cable to use with my Nokia 5510. It is a cable for a 3310, but is listed as compatable with the 5510. It has a little switch on the top which allows it to switch from F to M, Fbus and Mbus is that correct? When it is in the F position, my phone turns off after about 5 seconds, and wont do anything, when switched to the M position, it seems to fire up ok, I enter my pin, it asks for date and time everynow and then.

My problem is.... what software can I use to access my 5510 ?? I have tried the Nokia PC Suite 5.0, Logo Manager 1.28 and that Oxygen Phone 2 program. None of which will detect my phone whether it is on COM1 or COM2.

Can anyone help me please ??

Thanks
PanterA

billy2001
13-12-2002, 12:06 PM
re your nokia 5510 data cable try (logo manager) you can download this from logo manager.co.uk

Wildheart Baby
13-12-2002, 11:00 PM
Originally posted by PanterA
When it is in the F position, my phone turns off after about 5 seconds, and wont do anything,

you have to cover up one of the pins but I'm not sure which

liteFun
14-12-2002, 03:52 PM
to use as fbus, cover mbus pin.

somebody else could show that part of schematics where is mbus shown clearly, because i can't remember which one that was..

or try this:
put the cable to phone, but not to your computer.
power on your 5510, type your pin.
start logomanager/program you want to use.
put cable to com1 or 2.
should work in fbus.
but, you can't use 5510's keys when fbus connected, and there should not be need for that.
if you have to listen ringtone when sending with logomanager, take cable first and then listen with phone.