PDA

View Full Version : Silvercard -> SimCard 8

nonu_don
13-12-2002, 11:21 AM
hi everybody,
till now i have been using the pre-programmed simcard8 by ucables.com. but now i want to program a blank silver cards as a Simcard8 suing simemu 4.10

what i want is to make my blank silvercard as a simcard 8 using sim emu. plz tell me what is required for that.. i have the ki and imsi using reader by dejan.,, ie what all h/w and software do i need.

#1. do i need 2 different h/w to program the eeprom and pic for the silvercard or somebody told me that if u program the silvercard by simemu it will program the eeprom by itself.

#2. for what is the writer by dejan used for??

c if u can get me the schematics for the h/w also

thanks in advance,
NAman

Serdem
14-12-2002, 12:10 AM
Silvercard and simcard8 are the same card. Sivercard is pure blank card but simcard8 has pre-loaded simemu hex files as you said.

You need smardcard programmer, programmer software and Simemu hex files for converting blank silvercard to simcard8. At that time there is special version of simemu for silvercards which is called Simemu version 5.00s.

If you use vp20 or similar programmer then you can program PIC and EEPROM in the silvercard at the same time. You can use Master Burner or Card Writer as programmer software. These softwares are fully compatible with popular programmer hardwares and you don't need any external eprom loader because these softwares has built-in eprom loader...

Best Regards...

nonu_don
14-12-2002, 04:51 AM
thanks for ur prompt reply serdem,

but one more thing. first u said that i can use a smartcard programmer to program the silvercard with simemu 5.0 by just using the smartcard programmer. Does it means that i dont have to program the eeprom.???????

and in second u said by using vp20 i can program both pic and eeprom. But do i need to program the eeprom or can i skip it????

i know very peculiar questions but...

thanks in advance

Naman

( http://users.auth.gr/~mixos/projects/pcb/pc/003/ will this work as a smartcard programmer )

shelltox
17-12-2002, 09:43 AM
you have to program PIC and EEPROM... always

PIC with JDM>ludipipo
EEPROM with phoenix>smartmouse

with vp20 you can switch de porgrammer mode, to program PIC and after EEPROM

simemu5.00 only in smarcard 16F876/7 + 24LC128/256 (green2,silver2 cards)
simemu5.00s can be in 16F876/7 + 24LC64 (silver card)

NokiaFan
19-12-2002, 09:40 PM
Hi There...

I have programmed a greencard with sim-emu 5.00 and i have put it in the phone, i get the simemu menu and have entered IMSI and KI and rebooted phone, it comes up online and i can make and receive calls...

Everything good so far .... BUT..

When i put message central number in it says number saved and i can send SMS messages and everything is fine right until i turn the phone off and then on, now the number is NOT there..

If i try to save something in the SIM phonebook it says SIM MEMORY IS PROTECTED.... and i cannot read or write to it ...

Anyone have a clue what could be wrong ?

NokiaFan

shelltox
20-12-2002, 11:08 AM
try to "erase all" > "verify blank" (if you use ic-prog)
re-program the card PIC>EEPROM

simemu5.00 only in smarcard 16F876/7 + 24LC128/256

Serdem
07-01-2003, 10:27 PM
To NokiaFan;

May be you protected green card for writing in the programming software... If there is a checkbox or selection about write protect or code protect the card please uncheck it before programming hex files to card...

Best Regards...

NokiaFan
09-01-2003, 08:21 AM
@nonu_don

Hi There..

Nope, i didnt protect the pic but that should make no matter as far as i know, it should still be possible for the software to change the eeprom content...

Well, the problem is actually long gone, i reporogrammed the card and the problem went away...

BUT i found out that it is actually possible to enter any number as sms limit and phone limit and get it accepted even though it cannot be done, this results in an error message..

I dont understand why the author didn't just make one menu for f.ex number of sms messages and just update all numbers according to a table.. This would make error impossible..

NookiaFan