PDA

View Full Version : U-cables Nokia Software

jmontgomery04
15-12-2002, 05:28 AM
Hey I'm new at unlocking phones and I've have some questions about what some of the stuff on the U-cables Nokia TDMA service software does!:confused: First I have a 5165 SW:NSW-1 7.01
1. reset values- what does reseting these values do?
2.what is IRBD?
3.restarting the phone does what?
4.i want to unlock my phone so I can take it to a different service provider. Which lock do I need to change?
I know that is a lot, but I hope some one can help me out. here is the software if you haven't seen it.
THANKS!:)

phonedudes
15-12-2002, 07:15 AM
Where are you located, what carrier is the phone from and what carrier do you wish to use it with??

1. resetting values (defaults settings/parameters -- we typically DO NOT recommend using this unless you really know what your doing)

2. Its actually IRDB which stands for Intelligent Roaming DataBase
(In short, holds the parameters for which systems it should and should not use)

3. Restarting the phone (does exactly that...turns the phone off and restarts it)

4. The lock you need to change would be the one thats locked.(you need to find out whats locked first)

jmontgomery04
16-12-2002, 04:14 AM
Thanks a lot that really helped!:) Just one more question. The program says unknown for all the locks. How do I know which ones are locked? Thanks Again!

inee
21-12-2002, 08:56 PM
Hey guys,

I tried the software above, and tried to unlock my tdma phones. Sure enough, it said "unlocked" after I push write locks to unlock. But when I run wintesla, the field to program the phone is still disabled, meaning i cannot set a new code for it.

I think I may have wrecked the phone, as I tried programming a new number by pressing the keypad combination, and the phone would not bring up the menu for phone number activation. The phone has software v7.

Any ideas?

telecaster
22-12-2002, 01:33 AM
I had this problem also once.Try using the reset custom feature on the Ucables software and set it to 21......worked for me...