PDA

View Full Version : Cell info display - What is it?

Brdo
15-12-2002, 06:07 PM
Hey, can anyone just tell me what does the option "Cell info display" do on 3310?

Thx,
MrBrdo

liteFun
15-12-2002, 06:13 PM
maybe it should show info about current cell if service provider is broadcasting info?

cprafferty
15-12-2002, 08:27 PM
Well on Vodafone UK it display the land-line area code you are in. For example when I am in Huddersfield it displays 01484 but at home it displays 01256

chunkhead
15-12-2002, 08:36 PM
Well,
Cell info is: mobile signals work in cells! Depending where you are and/or what network your on will make your phone search for the cell with the strongest signal! A basic picis below. If you can follow this, these cells are a certain size area, maybe 10 kilometer radius. Each of these cells has a number so the service provider can track them and make repairs if theres a problem in that area. Now, cell info technically should show you the cell number which you are currently receiving a signal from, but not all service providers are doing this! I live in Melbourne, Australia, and each cell has a name that shows up rather then a number eg. if i'm in a place called Carlton, that's what my phone will say! As i move so does my signal, giving me a new name on the phone! This is also used to advertise where I live now. When I went to the Tennis open the Phone said "Ford Australian Open" and when I went to the airshow "Airshow 2001". I hope this gives you some idea what this function does. In case your curious the cell info is displayed under your profile name on your screen!!!

Brdo
15-12-2002, 10:50 PM
Thanks, now i know what it is.. In my country, though, it doesn't say anything, but i remember when i was in Croatia, and it said the name of the place where i was in...

MrBrdo