PDA

View Full Version : Sending FlashSMSes or similar from NET?

Brdo
15-12-2002, 06:14 PM
Is there a way to send a special form of SMS like FlashSMS from the NET (like from a site, or ICQ) by adding some special characters or something like that?
BTW: Heard that http://sms.gt.com.ua/ supports sending Unicode messages by selecting UCS2, would that help? And, how do you know if some site/program supports UCS2 (by doing a test or something)? Does ICQ support it?

Thx a lot,
MrBrdo

Brdo
15-12-2002, 10:47 PM
I have a program called FlashSMS, but it says that it can't establish connection to "ME".
And the program offers a function to "save message to phone" - under outbox i think. So there has to be a way to upload the template trough LogoManager or something like that..

MrBrdo

GeeZuZz
15-12-2002, 11:09 PM
You can use "Panuflash" to store templates on your phone. But it isn't possible to send a FlashSMS (Newsflash) from 3310, 3410 etc.

I'havent tried on other phones. I think it should work on 5110.

Brdo
15-12-2002, 11:32 PM
It isn't possible to send it?? Why not? I can send it directly from Panuflash, right? Or the phone is totaly unable to send the message?

Brdo
15-12-2002, 11:35 PM
And i have another problem.. I just read i need Nokia Data Suite 2.0 or 3.0 for Panuflash, but i don't have that.. (didn't get it with my 3310) Someone is going to send me version 5.1, but i don't know if it'll work?

Thanks

slikmik
16-12-2002, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by GeeZuZz
You can use "Panuflash" to store templates on your phone. But it isn't possible to send a FlashSMS (Newsflash) from 3310, 3410 etc.

I'havent tried on other phones. I think it should work on 5110.

corse ya can!

just send yaself a silly unicode one
save in outbox
edit with flashy characters and under settings select unicode and wahey easy

Mike

Brdo
16-12-2002, 12:33 AM
I was wondering which program should i use, if i use PanuWorld FlashMSG, i need the "Nokia Data Suite" version 3.0 or 2.0.. i was wondering if someone can upload to me, since i didn't get it with my mobile, and nokia only offers updates.. (contact me trough private message) please folks, i can share with you too. Or if someone knows another program to send FlashSMSes? BTW i have a MBUS cable

THANKS A LOT
MrBrdo

GeeZuZz
16-12-2002, 01:55 AM
slikmik: No, you can't. The 3310 is unable to forward a newsflash message. Because it "destroyes" the newsflash function when the message is edited (displayed in editor), and you can't forward it without going through the "editor" and then forwarding.
It is also mentioned in the FlashMSG program.
I've tried enough times to be sure...

Brdo: it works fine to send the message from logomanger/panuflash via the phone. That works on all phones.

edit: silkmilk, maybe you misunderstood me: Sending bllinking messages (words blinking) works of course... but newsflash is not the same as blinking messages. Newsflash are the messages displayed directly on the screen when recieved.

slikmik
16-12-2002, 02:21 AM
GEEZUZ:

hey mate no gonna argue or anything i respect you but im sure i have gotten it to work serious!!!

i'll give it a whirl in a few days when i get me free texts back and let ya know dude!

Mik

Brdo
16-12-2002, 10:11 PM
@GeeZuZ : yep, it really doens't work if i try to forward it.. BTW what's with that email thing? i don't know what to enter as the email server or whatever it asks for..

Is there a site to send UNICODE (sometimes UCS2 is used instead) characters to all countries or at least +386 (41) - Slovenia, Mobitel(provider is Mobitel)

MrBrdo

syndromtr
17-12-2002, 08:57 PM
Hi all,
I tried another way...
with gammu,as you know,u can save SMS's as: newsflash,unicode
or VOIDSMS...but u cannot forward them.

I sent two templates to my 5210...

1.Newsflash
2.Voidsms

They appeared in my inbox..and I again used gammu and backup ed my all sms
And then,I edited the file,changed the number from 1 to 2,it means the templates will be in outbox.
I succeeded.I had 2 templates in outbox..
I sent them to myself again,using my cellular phone.
Neither flashed nor void sms :(

Everything is right till sending..Coz you can see,when you edit the backup file,you see Class:0 for newsflash,but as you said,
the cellular destroys Class 0 and sends the message normal

* : I sent a voidsms to my gf's 8310,and I think I f***ed her phone :))) THERE'S A BUG in 8310's I think..plz don't try
Her phone is closed till then,very interesting although the battery is full.And no CONTACT SERVICE message!

Well,we need solutions about cellular not to destroy original Class of the message...

slikmik
18-12-2002, 01:50 AM
instead of forwarding simply open --edit then send

works for me :)

Brdo
18-12-2002, 04:19 PM
OK, but i still would like to know where from the internet can i send a flashsms for free to any country or at least Slovenia (+386) to area code 041 (+38641)?

Also, i'd like to know how to make a class0 sms (like what characters you need to use or something..)?

Thanks

GeeZuZz
18-12-2002, 06:11 PM
Originally posted by slikmik
instead of forwarding simply open --edit then send

works for me :)

What works? Can you please give us details? what message? template? transferd from what program? what phone and firmware?