PDA

View Full Version : Changing IMEI in full-flash?

Brdo
15-12-2002, 08:23 PM
Is there a way to change the IMEI number in the full-flash file, so you don't need a MBUS cable to update it, and BTW what does update FAID do, becouse i never had to enter IMEI if i used Quick update FAID function of kNok.
In short: how to update with full-flash and make the phone connect to the network with only the flasher cable.

MrBrdo

Mrhazeem
15-12-2002, 08:49 PM
You can not ...because the FAID is located outside the full flash (

from 200000 to 400000 )

and if you change the imei in the flash u need to calculate the

checksum ...OR YOU WILL GET CONTACT SERVICE

Brdo
15-12-2002, 10:17 PM
What does set FAID actually do?

How to change the IMEI in the flash file?

Thanks

Wildheart Baby
16-12-2002, 01:05 AM
I think faid setting is so the phone thinks it was upgraded/flashed at a proper nokia certified repair shop

changing imei in flash is a case of finding it in the flash file, sometimes plain hex sometimes not :)

Brdo
16-12-2002, 01:38 AM
LOL it has to think it was flashed in the nokia store? lol, stupid :))

Isn't there a program to change the IMEI in the flash file?

atlantiscd
16-12-2002, 08:35 AM
And how to do that without calc faid when flash in phone?
with orginal flash you can flash without calc faid.
but I think it is calculated by msid or emei or somthing in
phone... so you must update after flash....

/Atlantis

sam22
16-12-2002, 03:51 PM
@Brdo

you can find the imei in the eeprom area. try to search it in plain

numbers, not hex.:)

liteFun
16-12-2002, 03:59 PM
it COULD be possible now to do flash with mcu & faid killed with g3n0lite, then paste eeprom after flash to get fubu.

atlantiscd
16-12-2002, 08:49 PM
That flash doesn't have right CHECKSUM for THAT phone!!!
you MUST calculate when in phone or know right checksums...
THE NEW ONES....

/Atlantis

Brdo
16-12-2002, 10:32 PM
i managed to find it in my backup flash, by searching for my real IMEI, but what about if i don't know the IMEI? how can i know where it is located to change it? BTW, when i get IMEI from phone by MBUS cable, it gives me IMEI and Security IMEI which is longer for 1 character (0), which do i have to use here?

thanks

sam22
17-12-2002, 05:56 AM
@atlantiscd

Mrhazeem already said it. thats why i didnt write it.
:D

phantom2002
17-12-2002, 08:45 AM
use proper dejan flash box !!! it updates the faid automatically after flashing :)

Simple solution as most gsm sites stock these at a low cost

Regards

Brdo
17-12-2002, 07:00 PM
@phantom2000 No we are not going to buy another cable, the two i have alone were $100! I am not some rich-boy... I can update FAID using MBUS cable, and also i hate Dejan's UI :) Please give me some real advice about what should i do.. I calculated FAID on the file and updated FAID using MBUS, changed IMEI.. No matter what i did it didn't work..

thx

liteFun
18-12-2002, 02:50 PM
really? how many codes/crc's does phone need?

i took full backup from my 5510.
flashed new modified flash, and put virgin eeprom, set faid.

then, flashed back fubu, and guess what? it worked without setting any crc's or so.

and both flashes had different msid & faid.

or do you mean somethin that identify that imei is correct?

maybe i should try to change imei to something else, but it is illegal. (and as nokia warranty says, flashin is illegal too, but about imei changing it's stated in gsm standard)

phantom2002
18-12-2002, 09:21 PM
can u tell us what model of nokia ur using for this ?

Regards

GeeZuZz
18-12-2002, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by liteFun
and as nokia warranty says, flashin is illegal too, [/B]

Nope. It says nothing about that. But it says, if the phone is damaged after use with unoriginal equipment connected to the phone, there is no warranty.

If we weren't allowed to flash the phone, we would not be allowed to change ringtone in logomanager either.
The only illegal thing is to use copyrighted nokia software (flash files). Backing up and modifying should be fine though.

Brdo
19-12-2002, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by phantom2002
can u tell us what model of nokia ur using for this ?

Regards

I am using nokia 3310 and i create a backup of the flash (FULLFLASH in Rolis (btw anyone knows how could i read only MCU & PPM (i mean only graphics and languages and ringtones)?)). I use rolis 4.78b6 to read/write flash.. i edit the flash in FLSEdit 0.3 and/or PPMEdit 1.0a and/or PPMEdit 1.0g. I use a "Flasher II" cable (it's supposed to be named like that) and an MBUS cable (i can update faid, imei and unlock with it so i guess it's not FBUS?).

MrBrdo