PDA

View Full Version : S-105 bug: almost removed time/date.

Xarthan
17-12-2002, 10:25 PM
From HowardFroum by GlobeCLK:

I was playing with my S-105 today to see if I can get rid of the annoying time/date stamp on the standby screen. Noticed a very big bug that's pretty fun. Got my hopes high to remove the time/date stamp. Too bad it didn't work.

Here's what happened. I was scrolling through my wall papers. I noticed that when you go to any of the constellation wallpapers, and click on "ANSWER" key instead of the "select" softkey, it'll say SAVED but doesn't jump out to standby. When you select again with the select soft key, it'll actually ask you if wanna "DISPLAY TEXT IN STANDBY?"

When I saw that I was like "oh gosh I got it to work!" but then after i choose YES the phone freezes for 2 seconds. Then it resets and displays "PLEASE WAIT" for like 5 seconds. After that I'm back to a normal background with the time/date still displaying

I tried everything. Tried turning off the phone when it asks me about the displaying text, but after I turn back on it's just normal.

I think eventually we can find a way to crack through that. This is a step towards achieving that.

You guys can try it out but I'm not responsible for any damages I don't think it'll damage anything (it just resets the phone. Everything else is still in it.) Certainly a nice thing to see.