PDA

View Full Version : I need help PLEASE with my T68i

[{eXtreme}]
19-12-2002, 08:55 AM
Hey Guys,

Sorry if I come across as a noob to all this but I bought a T68i from the US thinking it was unlocked (thats what I was told) but when it arrived to me in Australia it told me invalid sim card when I tried my Australian one, is there anyway to unlock it for free? I have the cable to connect the phone from computer - phone but need software if there is only way of paying thats fine I am just enquiring at the possibilities. Also how much is it if paying? and does my phone need to leave me? or is it done over the net?

Thanks for the time
Paul

maddog
19-12-2002, 12:27 PM
No free software yet it can be unlocked remotely as you have the cable. Basically you pay someone for a log(around £10) they give you username etc to use the logger program and bingo it gives you the codes to type in www.logosunlimited.co.uk does it, used them a few times now.

[{eXtreme}]
19-12-2002, 01:01 PM
Hi,

Can you explaint his log thing for me? Can you not find it for free somewhere on the net? or is it generated on 1 main supercomputer?

Thanks
Paul

maddog
19-12-2002, 01:13 PM
Not sure if its on a 'super computer" or not! Definately not available for free yet, if ever. There are loads of threads about this on this site........

[{eXtreme}]
19-12-2002, 01:27 PM
Is this type of cord suitable for unlocking?
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1945809286&ed=1040275425&ssPageName=ADME:B:EOT:AU:3

Thanks
Paul

maddog
19-12-2002, 01:33 PM
Looks like the baby, but some leads will not let you unlock (ie genuine ericsson cables) but the non gen ones do. Have a read of the site i posted it says about these things.

[{eXtreme}]
19-12-2002, 01:46 PM
Hi,

I had a look at the site and it gives some instructions but they are nto really clear, the auction doesnt state wheather or not it is a original Ericsson cable, can you tell maybe by that picture as I need to buy one today if I want to get my phone unlocked and I would apreciate if you could take a quick look and tell me what you think

Thanks
Paul

maddog
19-12-2002, 03:15 PM
I would recommend just getting the 1st lead on THIS (http://www.logosunlimited.co.uk/ericsson_cables.htm) page at least you know it will definately work then! Not easy to tell from the picture (i did look earlier).

[{eXtreme}]
19-12-2002, 11:25 PM
Hey,

I would buy that for sure but I am in Australia and I need it by this Wednesday, so I will just take a stab and buy the same sort of cable I showed you, if it doesnt work I will send it back.

Thanks
Paul

DJ Binkx
22-12-2002, 02:06 PM
the cable you need is the "T28 unlock cable"
you can identify it by the label on the phone connector, it should read:

ERI
T28/T28SC

You can not use the "ERI T39" cable (T39, T68, T68i data cable), you need an "unlock cable", not the data one.