PDA

View Full Version : Nokia, Sms, and 8bit hex (what fun :-) )

||Joe
14-02-2002, 02:35 AM
Ok, heres a couple of silly questions to get yor brains working. /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

1. When u send an SMS, ur number gets transmitted along with the message (so that when the sender recieves it, your sumber comes up), at what point in the sending stage does your number gat attached to the message? does the phone do it(when u push send)? or does the SIM card do it as it passes through it? Is there any way to change it from, say your number, to another number, or text? /n/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

2. Is there any programs that can convert .nol's etc into 8bit hex dumps for sending via free sms gateways? the same with ringtones? Jus askin /n/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

That about raps it up. Thanks for the help!

Nick

P.S That software is da bomb! I took a back-up of my fone, (3310, v4.18) and had a look at it in a hex editor, i can change a lot of the txt (top score -> Top Dogg?? /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif , Now press * -> Nicks Fone . Put it through ur software, and bam. all checksums fixed. marvellous /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Thanks again, Nick

Abe
14-02-2002, 02:56 AM
What software?

||Joe
14-02-2002, 03:14 AM
nfree 1.2 proto. /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

||Joe
14-02-2002, 10:50 PM
the number/text would be passed through when you press the button - of course. whether the get-simcard-phoneno is done on phone startup, periodically, or at time of message sending I don't know. You'd have to dissasemble the hex from the flash memory, understand the eeprom and know the instruction sets for the processors inside the phone. unless somebody has already done such a procedure???
simply - it may be passed from a memory location, which can possibly be modified if you understand the flash memory/instruction set for the phone's cpu. if not from memory location (being passed from sim example), knowing how the cpu worked would make it easy to modify the flash code to make it point to a memory location of which you could change - use nfree to recalc checksums and poss faid calc.
sorry I can't help specifically
br
outerc0re