PDA

View Full Version : 8850 SMS Problem

kadza
20-12-2002, 05:41 PM
I have an 8850 which whenever you try and go into the inbox for sms the screen goes blank! I have tried a full factory reset using Wintesla but no joy. Does anyone else have any ideas or am I going to have to flash it and erase everything stored on the phone!

Any help would be gratefully recieved,

Kadza

:D

optimus777
20-12-2002, 07:48 PM
I have an 8850 which whenever you try and go into the inbox for sms the screen goes blank

it was the LCD is damage, you must change the LCD, there is no other option for this, if your fone still Guaranty by NPC , it will be free for change with the new LCD there...

This is a Hardware Problem , not Software......

:) :) :)

abuissa
20-12-2002, 09:46 PM
I've had the same problem and i was said that it was a software problem. :rolleyes: I went to the service centre and they put the phone working good without changing the LCD (i'm sure of this because the LCD had some mark that i could recognize. :cool:

maddog
21-12-2002, 10:27 AM
Originally posted by optimus777

it was the LCD is damage, you must change the LCD, there is no other option for this, if your fone still Guaranty by NPC , it will be free for change with the new LCD there...

This is a Hardware Problem , not Software......

:) :) :)

Totally agree! 99.9% the LCD, common on 8210's and 3310's too.

kadza
23-12-2002, 11:11 AM
Thanks for your comments peeps but I knew for sure it wasn't the LCD and after a check with my engineer found that the board was fine too. So I software upgraded and now the phone works fine, don't you just hate old nokia software!!

Anyway just thought I would let you know so if anyone else has the same problem they know what to do!

cheers,

Kadza

:D

Ming
24-12-2002, 06:48 AM
Wel, to find out whether if lcd got any problem can be noticed by 1)the logo (2 hands) disappear quickly and nothing appear again after power on phone; 2)display disappear when goin into or read messages; 3)display disappear when viewing picture message; 4)playing games like snake at the highest speed. If its the LCD Connector problem once you power on the phone, there will be no display at all or sometimes disappear and reappear again. When no display, try press with little force on top of the lcd and see if anything appear. If display appear after pressing the lcd, then its the connector problem.:) Sometimes Lcd problems don't happen straight away. Once it disappear and appear again and after some long time it happen again. Its life almost come to an end. :(