PDA

View Full Version : sim registration failure

rosiesarered
20-12-2002, 07:02 PM
i have just bought a cheap 3310 and unlocked it. it works but and i can turn it on and read stuff thats already on the phone but i can do anything new with it like send messages and ring people. all the useful stuff. when i turn it on it says sim registraition failure. what does this mean? can i solve it? can anyone help?

rpalmer
20-12-2002, 07:24 PM
Are you using one of the old BT CELLNET sim cards?, these cards were fitted in the Phillips C12 phones on the U, Easylife, or Pay & Go Best Friend services originally and cannot be used in any other phone than what they were originally fitted to.

If you phone O2 (BT CELLNET) and tell them you've upgraded your phone and want to remain on their network you might wangle a free SIM card which will work in your phone and if you want to keep your number you probably can.

slikmik
21-12-2002, 02:43 AM
well with it being cheap its probably stolen/imei blocked

simply change imei - illegal so dont do it but do... i duno just change it who cares

either generate new one using aig.exe or just make one up or simply change a random digit in the imei to sumfin different

then its bound to work dude

mike

rosiesarered
22-12-2002, 01:59 AM
where can i find aig.exe?? what software do i need if i just change the imei code instead of making a new one?

homicidal10denC
22-12-2002, 04:37 PM
use knok to change the imei, its in the download section of this site..

well it shoud be...

pipoy
27-12-2002, 10:55 AM
Originally posted by rosiesarered
i have just bought a cheap 3310 and unlocked it. it works but and i can turn it on and read stuff thats already on the phone but i can do anything new with it like send messages and ring people. all the useful stuff. when i turn it on it says sim registraition failure. what does this mean? can i solve it? can anyone help?
definitely u got a stolen celfon

:D

Ming
27-12-2002, 12:04 PM
Isn't this suppose to be the sim card already deactivated?