PDA

View Full Version : few questions

aidan
23-12-2002, 06:03 PM
whats up guys, right, I have been reading all the threads about the problems with unlocking the t68i.

Now I have a t68i and guess what, its locked (reported stolen or lost) now can someone tell me in a straight answer weather or not I will be able to change its imei and get the phone working again on its original network? (orange)

I can get it unlocked but only onto any of the other networks except orange, so can someone help me and tell me what I need to do and if its possible to get it back on orange. At present I dont own an unlocking cable but are very willing to purchase one if I would be able to change it and anything else I needed. I have checked out that phone doctor site but it says they will not change ones imei so I gather I need to do it myself.

Any help appreciated

Aidan

DJ Binkx
25-12-2002, 01:16 AM
There is no "official" method for changing the IMEI (without paying LOADS for software, but I'm not sure that even that software can do it), but some people have reported success using the change IMEI feature on the logger program.

The best I have seen is powering the phone up and *#06# showing the new IMEI, as it happend, the phone refused to work from that point onwards but the person was doing some other stuf to the phone too, which *may* have caused it.

Good luck mate.