PDA

View Full Version : Extracting SMS tones from Flash File

rpalmer
23-12-2002, 11:15 PM
When you flash your phone with a new flash file, is there anyway to get your old tones recieved via SMS back?, i have a backup of my phones old flash which had some good ringtones in and i can't get them again.

Is there any way of reading them back out of the old flash and putting them in the new?.

optimus777
24-12-2002, 05:28 AM
try ppmedit, listen to mcu tone one by one, sms tone is in there, each fone type is diffrent location, usualy , on the bottom mcu tone.......

:) :) :)

catweasel
24-12-2002, 01:33 PM
Hi rpalmer,

I think ringtones received by sms are stored in the eeprom section of the flash file, what phone model is it?

Let me know also what the ringtones were I may be able to meet you and re-upload them from my collection if I have them.

Best regards.

rpalmer
24-12-2002, 01:41 PM
They are Scooter Nessaja, DJ Sammy Heaven, Scooter the Logical Song. They are all really good versions though the ones that sound like they are 2 channel. Theres a few more as well i think but i can't remember what they are since its that long since i re-flashed my phone.

What software do i need to use to read them from the EEPROM, i have 2 flash files one 8210 backup and one 8250 backup, i am wanting to put the tones from these into the latest 8250 flash

catweasel
24-12-2002, 01:58 PM
Hi mate,

It is difficult to retrieve them from the eeprom maybe you could re-flash your phone with the file that has them in & extract them from the phone?

Another way would be to insert them directly into a flash file in .re format with PPMManager or PPMEdit, the tones you are talking about are available in that format on the web, some if not all of them in threads on this forum.

If you have any problems just ask, regards.

liteFun
24-12-2002, 02:39 PM
flash your old eeprom to phone.
or flash your whole old flash if you have it fubu.
then flash new flash without eeprom.

catweasel
24-12-2002, 02:46 PM
I can't believe I didn't think of that one, Doh! :o

Regards.

optimus777
24-12-2002, 03:27 PM
@rpalmer

Extracting SMS tones from Flash File

i Thought what you meant is sms tone dohh... LOL

litefun is right use old eeprom file...

there is easy way if your want to take the recieve tone from sms, but your must send it to 33xx if you have the 33xxfone, and take out the ringtone, using gnokill or gammu...

LOL

to bad gnokill & gammu cannot take the tone from 82xx series...
i hope someday, marcin wiacek, will make compatible for this series....

:D :D :D

optimus777
24-12-2002, 03:47 PM
but, wait....:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

when we change to higher version, like 8250 V 5.00 to 8250 V 6.00 , sometimes we must set SFR button on rolis 1.8...
to avoid abnormal setting..., but sometimes dohh.. LOL

if we set SFR button, the the recieved tone, will become (empty) all 6 of them...

i think you problem is a little bit, difficult to solve it mate....

but, in 8210 eeprom, we can see the hex tone using hexshops and then you can take the tone, and make it to RE tone, but you need to calculated checksum the tone to normal RE tone...
i think, maybe....

:) :) :)

rpalmer
31-12-2002, 02:32 PM
I managed to flash the old EEPROM from 8250 v5.06 into 8250 v6.00 and didn't have to set SFR, all is fine and i have my tones back.

I have noticed a problem though, and it was the same when i initially flashed v5.06 of 8250 the opposite game crashes when you make a move and the phone just restarts. Is this a common problem?, and why does this happen?, its still doing it now with v6.00 flashed to the phone

optimus777
31-12-2002, 06:42 PM
i told you so...:p , you must set SFR in rolis , to avoid abnormal setting... or using knok to set factory setting...

but, you will lose you recieve tone, , about the logo you can backup using logomanager:rolleyes:

;) ;) ;)

rpalmer
01-01-2003, 02:28 PM
Im not gonna bother setting it, its only the opposite game which is affected and its shit anyway so theres no point in loosing all my settings for something im not going to play. Its strange though, how come everything else works except for that?

Kontact
02-01-2003, 07:23 AM
kxplorer can d/l or retrieved ur saved ringtone tone.