PDA

View Full Version : Combi mbus /flasher cable

irishbaker
24-12-2002, 02:13 AM
@ Dr Bizar (or anyone that can help)

i am a newbie and i have read the previous threads on the combi flasher . i am in the middle of building the unit with the LED's. thanks to Dr. bizar for your hard work.:)

im just waiting on the 74HC240 to arrive but the rest of it looks good so far.

can anyone plz tell me if the 4 core cable to the phone connector needs to be screened for interference purposes.

because the phone connector for 3310 only requires TX, RX B-temp & Mbus , does the phone need to be plugged into its charger when flashing / unlock or does the computer power it?

any help would b great.

thanx

WildSwan
24-12-2002, 09:06 AM
Correction!

The 3310 requires these connections:

1. Ground
2. FBUS/TX
3. FBUS/RX
4. MBUS

Only in 3210 are B-TEMP and VPP connections usuable.

All you need to make sure is you have a battery with operational charge is still in it, not those that is almost empty or low on charge. That applies to all units.

You may use the charger in leiu of the battery by pluging the battery instead of pushing the power button whe you are required by the Flasher program to turn on your phone.

On teh case of 3210, you MUST have a battery with adequate power or charge in it as the flaseh won't ask you to turn the phone on. The cable will push the power button for you.

Originally posted by irishbaker
@ Dr Bizar (or anyone that can help)

i am a newbie and i have read the previous threads on the combi flasher . i am in the middle of building the unit with the LED's. thanks to Dr. bizar for your hard work.:)

im just waiting on the 74HC240 to arrive but the rest of it looks good so far.

can anyone plz tell me if the 4 core cable to the phone connector needs to be screened for interference purposes.

because the phone connector for 3310 only requires TX, RX B-temp & Mbus , does the phone need to be plugged into its charger when flashing / unlock or does the computer power it?

any help would b great.

thanx

irishbaker
27-12-2002, 09:24 PM
@ Wildswan

Thanks for all your help .

my cable to the phone from the dejan box is not overall screened with foil , do you know does this make a diference.??

regards

Irishbaker

WildSwan
28-12-2002, 08:09 PM
Sorry but I think I missed what you mean. Please elaborate.

@ Wildswan

Thanks for all your help .

my cable to the phone from the dejan box is not overall screened with foil , do you know does this make a diference.??

regards

Irishbaker

irishbaker
29-12-2002, 10:19 PM
@ wildswan

the cables to the serial & parallel connectors have an overall foil shield around the cores to shield out electromagnetic interference. the cables normally come manufactured this way.

however the 4 core cable i have used to the phone pins has just a PVC sheath ( in other words it is not protected against any local interference) do you think this cable would work or would the computer distort the signal ??

it doesnt matter if you do not know , i will try it anyway as soon as i get the parts , but if i knew now i could change the cable.

regards

Baker.

WildSwan
30-12-2002, 02:48 PM
It wil work with or without the shield. What will pass through the wires is a digital signal and not audio signal anyways.

@ wildswan

the cables to the serial & parallel connectors have an overall foil shield around the cores to shield out electromagnetic interference. the cables normally come manufactured this way.

however the 4 core cable i have used to the phone pins has just a PVC sheath ( in other words it is not protected against any local interference) do you think this cable would work or would the computer distort the signal ??

it doesnt matter if you do not know , i will try it anyway as soon as i get the parts , but if i knew now i could change the cable.

regards

Baker.