PDA

View Full Version : Flash CHK

Iccang
11-02-2002, 10:17 AM
Hi guys...

I don't know is it usefull for us or not... Just look and try, ok?

BR,
Iccang
======

||Joe
11-02-2002, 03:46 PM
Hi,

you forgot to tell that you've leached that from kNok.
BR,

||Joe
11-02-2002, 04:01 PM
naughty naughty....and I thought it was you work iccang! oh well, no harm done.
Tib, is this your work? and does it calc faid? i'm at work but will test later. will check knok now!!!
thx you both
outerc0re

Gianni
11-02-2002, 05:05 PM
Hi,
i've just compiled and launched this files, but... what does it do? I dont't see anything!!
B.r.
Gianni.

||Joe
11-02-2002, 05:18 PM
you need at least a full backup, and call it flash.fls in same dir as compiled exe prog. I've still not tried this but let me know what happens.
br
outerc0re

Gianni
11-02-2002, 06:16 PM
hi outercore,
i've tried to do this, and the program has promped this strings:
B7 0B 2F AD... What is it? Do you Know?
B.r.
Gianni.

||Joe
11-02-2002, 07:34 PM
I think it should give you 12 byte output - FAID for your phone, mcu and ppm. some1 correct me if I'm wrong - nutzo?
br
outerc0re

Gianni
11-02-2002, 08:06 PM
... but if it is the FAID, why is it so short?
I've seen that the edat of logger p-breaks is 24 character.
But if it's the FAID how can we update to the phone? Do you know?
Many thanks.
B.r.
Gianni.

Iccang
11-02-2002, 08:10 PM
Hi...

Sorry for forgot that one. Yup.. I got it from knok. I just wanna share it to this forum like the other people (ABE, Penyaloco, etc..) Hei, I never say it was my work, do not blame me, mate...

The owner file was sent me mail for it, and I was appologize for it... /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif)

BR,
Iccang
======

Gianni
11-02-2002, 08:10 PM
The fchk program generates a 4 bytes FAID.(i.e. B7 0B 2F AD) and no 12 bytes?
Do you know why?
B.R.
Gianni.

NokDoc
11-02-2002, 09:58 PM
It calculates some sort of checksum of picking two bytes at every 32 bytes of the whole flash.
It does some bitchanging with these 2 bytes and finally it supposed to be a sort of 'FLASH CHECKSUM'

If it has anything to do with identifying I suggest it's only a part of the parameters for the what you all call 'FAID Nr'.

NokDoc

||Joe
12-02-2002, 01:21 AM
Thank you all for searching what every one else is making for money !!!
I'm reading you carrefully since few days, and noticed that you're all working in different ways without any idea of what you are looking for...

I'm sure that this Flash CHK is needed for something, but certainly already discovered in the tool that is on the root of this site NFREE1.2, am I wrong ?

The FAID that you are looking, if I understood correctly what was kept on B-phreaks logger 1.7, is only obtained using :
_ PPM version (MCU revision, release date, and so on...),
_ IMEI,
_ MSID,
_ Phone Id,
_ and PPM info.

So why don't you ask for a lot of Datas from various WORKING phones to find an algorithm that produce these 12 bytes ??? From original Data, and good FAID ???

Thanks for making a free world live !!!
Best regards, and I keep reading you carrefully, and hope one day participate...
Lolopro

||Joe
12-02-2002, 01:35 AM
faid is calc'd by ppm chksum and cobbaid. cobbaid, ppm chksum, current faid can all be extracted from msid (also random byte). this really all I know on the subject. anyone else shed some light?
br
outerc0re

Mircea Vasiliu
14-02-2002, 10:03 AM
As NokDoc said this is probably the algo used to calculate the checksum for the flash file. There is an identical algo inside the HEX, at address 04EA. I guess dejan soft sends the bytes to the PIC and then PIC returns the calculated checksum