PDA

View Full Version : HOW DO I MAKE A BACK UP?

ROB
08-02-2002, 08:50 PM
Hi all !!! can someone explain from the begining,how to make a back up of my phone, before i attempt to unlock it.I have all the start & end addressess but just dont know where to start.I have rolis 471 & 477 nokall & nokia flash tool in Italian not english.
Where do i save it?
How do i save it?
How do i start to save it?
How do i recover the back up if a flash dose go wrong?
Can i have an explanation in idiot form as i am a newbie in nokias and pc's.
Someone please help me, as it is driving me mad taking the risk,unlocking my phones without backing up first. (I KEEP SEEING PEOPLE SENDING THE MESSAGE ! BACK UP FIRST)
Many thanks for all your patients.
Rob.

||Joe
08-02-2002, 08:56 PM
I don't know about rolis software, maybe iccang, tek, o_mast or yasser (big respects to him) can help. if you have dejan software then I can help....
rgds outerc0re

ROB
08-02-2002, 09:09 PM
Hi !!! outercore, can you tell me where i can down load dejan software.
Thanks
Rob

||Joe
08-02-2002, 09:14 PM
http://www.polishgsm.com or http://www.croweb.com/maroonlock. make a backup, and when done, check the flash.out file in notepad. if it looks like a page full of spaces and/or funny y's then your f_loader.bin file is incorrect for your phone type, get another f_loader.bin and try again........and reply with results
best regards
outerc0re

ROB
08-02-2002, 09:29 PM
Loads of thanks outercore!! I will give it a go and let you know how i get on.
All the best
Rob.

Iccang
09-02-2002, 05:39 PM
Hi Rob,

With rolis, you don't need to know about address of your phone type. Don't need to know about Configuration of software, just choose your phone type and the software will automatically configure to you.
You just choose your type and then the software give you that address.
You can choose option about the way of read. If you choose just "READ" at the menu, it's mean you read all full flash (including eeprom zone) of your type. but if you choose "Read...", it's mean you can change your start and ending of your flash address.

The first, you must choose your type of your nokia, because it's very important for starting and ending of flash address. The software automatically give you that one. You just click pulldown menu of phone type below the main menu.

after that, Please to save your phone by click read phone at sub menu. Dialog box of starting and ending address will appear. Just click OK button. The software will asked you to turn on your phone. push your ON button of your phone for 1 second. The bext software will starting reading your flash data.If finished, you will prompted for the name of your flash file. So, write your flash file name and then save it. It's the way to restore your phone if you make wrong flashed. You just choose the "write" at sub menu for restore your original flashing data.

Oops, my boss came in... Sorry I must Disconnect...
Maybe Abe or tek or the other can continue my stupid explanation..
Sorry about my English, /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif))

BR,
Iccang
======

ROB
10-02-2002, 01:58 PM
Thanx for that iccang!!! I would appreciate it if you could finish off when you have some time to spare.What you have already told me is very usefull.I am going to take a look at rolis and go through what you have already told me.One other thing, on rolis there is no 3210 on the screen.How do i flash?I have rolis 471 & 477 which one would you advise me to use or are they both the same.
Hope to hear from you soon.
Rob.
ps. your english is exellent!

||Joe
10-02-2002, 03:45 PM
this is for OUTCORE.

I need some help for dejan. Would it be possible for you to tell me which boot loader is for what phone. I seem to be having problems writing and reading every phone but 3310.

Dejan flasher keeps popping up the error msgs as soon as I press enter and power up my 3210, 8210.

Thanks man!

||Joe
10-02-2002, 05:20 PM
try these. they should do what you need....
regards
outerc0re

Iccang
10-02-2002, 06:23 PM
Hi rob..

Rolis 4.71 and 4.77 is the same thing. But at 4.77 I feel slowly read the flash data, but have more feature than 4.71. It's have scan flash for CHK error. It's very important thing for know about your result of flashed file. So, you can repair your MCU if it's corupted, etc..
I suggest you to use 4.71 because it's very fast reading and writing than the other flash software, Dejan too..!! I ever to compare about Dejan and Rolis for read/write flash timer, and rolis is the best!! Dejan need moreless 3 minutes for reading 3310 starting 2000 to 4000, but Rolis just need moreless 2 minutes.And with Rolis, you can save your file by two type of data. *.Fls or *.bin, so you can use depend your needed.
I didn't say Dejan is not good but you must need more knowing to use it...

Just you said, rolis doesn't have 3210 type? 3210 is above 3310, just scroll up your pointer at the menus, so you will find it...

If you just wanna change your MCU or PPM, and you have a full data (including eeprom area) of flashed file, example: 3310, you still can use it and the rolis can separate the eeprom zone for your safety.
Open the full flash file and click "DOWN ARROW" button at below of main menu (this is will appear floating message "copy binary buffer to ppm buffer") and then "Flash" button will activated.. You can flash for safety (not write the eeprom zone) your phone by clicking the "Flash" button. Push ON at the phone at least 1 second, and flashed will starting writing, so you must waiting until finished..
Always remember to scan flash for CHK error before you use opened file..

With rolis, you can unlocked your locks. it's can unlocked until 5.03 version..
But I always downgrade my phone to 4.35 before I try to unlocked it. I warned you for DON'T DO Change your MCU/PPM if you don't have access to make log file for recalc the FAID or YOUR PHONE WILL NO SIGNAL...

Sorry for my 'ugly' explanation...

BR,
Iccang
======