PDA

View Full Version : cant convert rttl to re?

homicidal10denC
27-12-2002, 07:13 PM
i've searched the boards, and still cannot convert.
rttl to re 1.0b, says conversion failed
and convert03.exe, always tells me that 0x80 (or whatever tone id i use) is an "invalid parameter"...

can somebody, find me a program that will work!

catweasel
27-12-2002, 07:58 PM
Hi mate,

Try adding RTTTL ringtones to a flash with Flashtone & then extract them from the flash in .re format, that's what I do when I have a problem converting them.

There are various versions of flashtone about "lite 2.10 by ice draagon" works well as does " 2.7.0 by Mak.

If one won't work try another.

I hope this helps, regards.

homicidal10denC
27-12-2002, 08:26 PM
thanks a bundle mr cat.
now i can (try) to change the factory ringtones properly!
hooray 4 me...
*edit*
it seems i may not be able to do that...and im hoping you may be able to help me.
basically, when i overwrite a tone, with a longer one, are there any bytes i can delete, without removing other ringontes, and if i do delete other ringontes, do i just add blank bytes (00's) to the end of the file to make it the correct size?

or is there another way of doing this?
*another edit after thinking*
doea having the tone chunk larger than usual make a difference, i.e. when i compile the exploded flash in ppmmanager, will it correctly delete bytes were necessary, as long as i change the tonechunk length at the beginning of the tone chunk...

someone help me as im totally confusing myself....is the 1st or 2nd method right....

T O T A L L Y C O N F U S E D

catweasel
27-12-2002, 08:46 PM
If you use PPMManager or PPMEdit you should be able to add / delete ringtones which are longer or shorter without problems & without having to delete anything else.

These progs do the hard work for you.

You can usually get 70+ ringtones into a 3310 file, but remember to check / update checksums etc before you reflash.

You may need to change the tones identity to get them to work because when two tones have the same i.d. only one will work, search this forum for software / threads on how to do this.

It is possible by deleting unused language files for example to increase that number, again search this forum for threads of how to do this.

Regards.

homicidal10denC
27-12-2002, 09:20 PM
most programs dont seem to like 6250/6210...so i rather use hex workshop, so then i can be sure of the tone id thing...thanks anyway.
check my other thread 2 c if u can hlp me ther...lol