PDA

View Full Version : nokia's microcontroller

||Joe
07-02-2002, 03:26 AM
is there anyone here who has the knowledge of the nokia's cpu? because it is whre all of the algorithm of how the authority id's are being cheked by the phone. and let me ask you guys it is said that when the phone ex. 6210 is full flashed from top to end with another phones back up. isn't it possible to just change the imei to the original, and then calculate the faid if the mcu ver or ppm is changed?

p.s.

many of the people give other people calculated logs for free but in fact they themselves say that they don't know how to calculate the faid. how is this possible>? are they just fooling around and giving bullshits?

||Joe
07-02-2002, 11:56 AM
no not fooling, they just have the software to do such things - not necessarily the knowledge to calc FAID manually........MAD2 processor if you are interested.
outerc0re

eastRain
07-02-2002, 07:16 PM
Does any one out there know that if i restore full backup - included eeprom area, from another nokia 8210 with the same MCU version to my own nokia 8210 what is the possible result? IMEI same with the source 8210...with all working conditions (Signal okay...etc) or @!#$-up the entire phone which have to repair it at Nokia Service Center???

Mircea Vasiliu
08-02-2002, 09:17 AM
I guess the latter version is the right one: @!#$-up phone /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

eastRain
08-02-2002, 06:34 PM
Any other comment? Any body? iccang, how's your comment?

||Joe
08-02-2002, 08:44 PM
the msid in all phones are different (Mobile Subscriber ID). this is calculated by using PPM Chksum and Cobba ID (from cobba chip). So, if you copied full flash and eeprom area into different phone (same model of course), it will also need that you replace cobba chip from phone as well (unless you know how to change IMEI data etc.... I DONT!). If the software version or ppm pack is different it will also require that you calc. faid (using log etc).
hope this helped
outerc0re

Iccang
09-02-2002, 06:04 PM
Eastrain..

I think what's Outercore say is all correct.. You will &%$#-up your phone if you replace your eeprom phone with another eeprom phone.
If your eeprom phone was damage, you can repair it in the special condition.
I was mail the crew of B-Phreaks, that I ask them about the damage eeprom, and they said:

"We do repair demage when IMEI is original. If you have
a phone with 4 Locks closed:

1. Put a sim card and make the DSP test with the
logger
2. If test is ok, read the eeprom and send it to me
with the IMEI number from the back sticker.

I will check the eeprom data and will tell you to pay
or not. If yes we gonna make you a log file and you
upload it to the phone with Logger v1.7"

So, how do you think?

BR,
Iccang
======

eastRain
11-02-2002, 02:33 PM
Well, iccang, i had buzzy for quite some day, and hope you can reach my msg here. Basically, i knew z B-Phreaks crews offers such service. Before this, i make some attemption on my 8210, come out with 4 Locks closed (I changed IMEI & programming data + Original IMEI) so i sent to the Nokia Service Center, it cost me bout 65.00 USD. Fine then, i doesn't fade up even now, so i get 2 more 8210, changed the IMEI & programming data....result :- No Signal...Okay, now i get my own Dejan Box ordered (awaiting 4 delivery), now, A condition :- If what outersource saying is correct (cobba chip replacement) and fellows from B-Phreaks can repair 4 Locks with condition that that if IMEI is Original (I copied from 8210 (a) to 8210 (b) - Original IMEI means IMEI of 8210 (a)) which mean eeprom full flash duplication can eventually create a phone which same IMEI with the source, and workable. This is all my assumption...please correct me.

eastRain
11-02-2002, 03:02 PM
1 more thing, purpose for purchasing Dejan Box is to upgrading MCU & PPM, coz i does not know how to calc FAID...

Iccang
11-02-2002, 09:14 PM
hi...

Go for try it, friend.. And let us know about the result.. /n/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif)

BR,
Iccang
=====