PDA

View Full Version : WAP doenst work....

Manchas
13-01-2003, 08:43 AM
Hi guys, i have a T108, but WAP doesnt work, it says connecting but it wont connect.

All the settings are right but nothing happens, My phone is not SAMSUNG original is one that they sell here made in taiwan i think, the difference is that u dont have the word "AnyCall" on the outside window.

Anything i can try to do?

Also when i turn on the phone it will display SGH-T108, but in the sticker in the battery compartment it says T100.... how can i be sure wich one is this?

fatblokes
13-01-2003, 09:07 PM
this phone could be a t108 made from a t100, its very easy to do you just flash the phone with the t108 flash file. if this is the case you may have to restart the wap, basically you type in a code and its resets the wap completly then you have to set up your settings again so make sure you write them down before you reset. you can find the codes on this forum, it is very useful for the samsung range.

http://www.mobile-universe.org/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=forum;f=9

good luck

fatblokes

Manchas
15-01-2003, 07:39 AM
Hi,

Well i tryed the reset code for WAP, and imput all the wap settings for the company i use, well it say "connecting" for some time then it will get the message "Network not responding".

Anymore tips of what can i try more?

fatblokes
15-01-2003, 05:14 PM
sorry cant help you, the problem you are discribing is what happened to my t100 when i upgraded it to a t108 but i did the reset code and all was well. so all i can suggest is to search the forum at the link i posted or ask the same question on there.

fatblokes

Manchas
16-01-2003, 03:48 AM
Its Working !!!

I did the reset again and put the WAP settings to proxy 3 and now its working :)

But i cant access many sites, it will say something about the gateway,, i can only access the web page of my ISP, but everything is in chinese :(

Even samsung mobile WAP page it says i need a samsung handset, but im using the T108.... i dont undertand whats wrong... any help would be great hehehe
thanks

fatblokes
16-01-2003, 09:57 PM
i think your phone is a t100 that has been flashed, i think if you have the cable and the balls to try this try flashing it back to a t100. the t108 has an answer machine and is faster but apart from that there is not a lot of differance. i flashed mine to a t108 then back to a t100 cause i found personaly that the t100 was a better phone, thats my oppinion. but if you are going to flash it back bewarned if done wrong this can fuck your phone.
good luck

fatblokes