PDA

View Full Version : Remove start up tone

b0043
15-01-2003, 03:30 PM
Could someone please advise how I can remove a start up tone from a customised flash, and which software I require to do it.

I have flashed a good flash which has different tones and horizontal signal and battery bars, and fading leds, but I dont want the start up and shut down tone.

The select button also flashes and it gets on your nerves after a while, so I am looking to put it back to normal.

I know it's a big ask but anyone with any suggestions?

I have opened flashes with ppmedit and ppmanager, but having trouble finding the tone.

Thanks in advance for all ideas.

Vinny
15-01-2003, 05:15 PM
the text will be easy to modify by using ppmmanager, simply export the text chunk then edit it (the \x01 is the blink just remove it to stop it from blinking)

the startup tone will not be so easy to find, well at least it depends on how it was modified.

b0043
15-01-2003, 07:37 PM
@Vinny

Thanks for the quick reply. I used ppm manager and was able to stop the text blinking, but when I flashed it back to the phone, I would get signal for a few seconds and then phone would reset itself.

What am I doing wrong?

I used eeprom tools to update the faid.

Should I be using any different software to update?

Also in ppmmanager, there are several of the same words have the blink attached. i.e menu, select and OK appear twice.

Do I have to take the blink off all of them.

Hope this makes sense.

Thanks

PS I flashed back the unedited flash and it works fine with signal.

Vinny
15-01-2003, 08:33 PM
First of all you didn't tell me what model and version your phone is.

Anyway to be sure, use g3nolite to kill the mcu/faid check.

Also its up to you, which one you want blinking and not blinking

B4 flashing, use g3n0lite to fix all checksums the save it then use the saved file to flash to your phone.

then update the faid by using noktool or whatever faid update soft you have,

b0043
15-01-2003, 08:41 PM
Thanks once again Vinny

I am using a 3310 upgraded to 3315 with a custom flash and I am just playing around with it meantime.

I will try your suggestions and let you know how I get on

Thanks once again:)

Yozhee
16-01-2003, 02:00 AM
Im sorry my friend but me 2, I can't turn off the start up tone.

don't worry if i cant get some info, i'll let u know.

Yozhee