PDA

View Full Version : Customised Flash Contest?

Kjetil
15-01-2003, 04:20 PM
Hei.
How about a contest say for 3310?
Try to make the coolest flash..
Set a date for the deadline and use a poll to decide the winner..
Need somwhere to upload FTP maybe?

http://flashingcontest.tequilasms.com/

Please post (or mail me [email protected]) your feedback and suggestions. Specially about the rules. As soon as this is done we can start the contest

Yesterday upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there.
He wasn't there again today, I think he's from the CIA.

welshwizard
15-01-2003, 09:29 PM
lol, almost a good idea!

just have 2 ban the likes of joox, g3gg0 & nokdoc - coz they'd kick all our asses!

y9001
15-01-2003, 09:44 PM
cool idea! :cool:
we can organize this contest in 2 months. and... where to upload this files? we can make an account with xoom (unlimited web space) and post userid and password here!

GeeZuZz
15-01-2003, 11:16 PM
Originally posted by welshwizard
just have 2 ban the likes of joox, g3gg0 & nokdoc - coz they'd kick all our asses!

I don't agree. They may have the best flashes, technical, but not necessarily the best design, ringtones etc. :)

The best graphic in a custom flash file i've seen, is the 3315i WinXP project.

markaidestine
16-01-2003, 01:39 AM
Originally posted by GeeZuZz

I don't agree. They may have the best flashes, technical, but not necessarily the best design, ringtones etc. :)

Well i think it depends on ur creativity and originality of the work, for me the best graphic modified flash files ive seen is the Hallooween flash files....

jigger
16-01-2003, 02:32 AM
the vultures will be hovering in this thread...i mean those people who make money out of other peoples' sweat!!!

slikmik
16-01-2003, 03:46 AM
Originally posted by jigger
the vultures will be hovering in this thread...i mean those people who make money out of other peoples' sweat!!!

Yep init just :) the twats..

Oh well it depends on how people look at modding, i mean theres LOTS of tools out there a monkey could pretty much mod a phone, like text etc... and graphics, but menu struct functions adding etc are pretty nifty and the case "modding" if meant simply as graphics couldnt really take it to the true potential...

My opinion anywa... wierd cos like 6 months ago i was changing all the text like "WOW, its amazing" now i stick with standard text and play with menu structure more than anything, wow how geeky :)

Mike

ldicdican
16-01-2003, 03:56 AM
that's a good idea! but maybe the contest will be directed on graphic design not on menu structures, coz it's true we're all a bunch of chicks with g3ggo,nokdok, and such nerdz.

maybe, a work of graphic creativity, what dya think?:)

Manipulator
16-01-2003, 04:14 AM
have a contest is good,we can find out more smart members.but this will help some one to make big money with the flash too.
so the best way is ,who want to join the contest,post the flash to some one who can be trust that we has choose.

anthony_bud
16-01-2003, 06:10 AM
Best mod depends on the judges. Anyway, you got a good idea.

I think we all look forward on making it possible.

Juan2k
16-01-2003, 08:13 AM
This is nice but hope there's a kind of reward atleast even a laminated bugger of G3ggo, Joxx or Nokdoc. he he
and i say it must be a 3310 or even categorized on unit models
but major in 3310 the phreakers enemy no. 1

theremoids
16-01-2003, 08:28 AM
i don't like it.

Kent|
16-01-2003, 09:36 AM
uhm... cool.. maybe ill post some of my flashes... :)

Sinister Frog
16-01-2003, 09:27 PM
u do realize the judge(s) will have to spend a solid day simply flashing there phones...
u cant make that process much faster...

NokDoc
16-01-2003, 11:35 PM
Hi,

Good initiative.

So U ban me?

Good initiative too. ;)

Good Luck.
I'm sure there is alot of creativity around.

NokDoc

enzo
17-01-2003, 12:21 AM
Am I banned too? As I saw not! Yippieh!

Yep Mr. NokDoc is right, creativity is very important!

Good luck friends! Do the best U can!

Greetingz from Germany
[enzo]

anthony_bud
17-01-2003, 02:04 AM
No, Enzo & NokDoc must not be banned.

I know everybody wants to see what's their NEW!

They began creating Projects (Project Z) and there, some mods began to grow too.

As for me, they were the origin of good mods. So if we really want to win in the contest, we must do the best too.

Actually, i don't have that BEST, like yours.:D

cyclo
17-01-2003, 02:44 AM
I think this sounds like a great idea. If upload space is needed, I can donate some space on my server :)

But I think banning Nokdoc and the likes is stuped. It should rather have two categories: Veterans and Others.

Also I think having a judge is stupid. Let everybody vote for their favorite flash.

If you guys want I could make some quick and easy webpages on my server for entering the contest and for voting and we could make it a quarter anual event, or something....

anthony_bud
17-01-2003, 03:45 AM
What a good news!:)

Manipulator
17-01-2003, 09:05 AM
Originally posted by NokDoc
Hi,

Good initiative.

So U ban me?

Good initiative too. ;)

Good Luck.
I'm sure there is alot of creativity around.

NokDoc

NokDoc & enzo is banned.??:confused: :mad: :rolleyes:
:o hey,than we can ask NokDoc & enzo to be the judges loh,yip-py.;) :cool: :grin:

wfc
17-01-2003, 09:08 AM
well i am in. whens the due date going to be set......

Kjetil
17-01-2003, 11:17 AM
Great to see that so many think this is a good idea.

I dont think somone could use these flashes to make money.
Lets face it: The DCT3 phones are starting to dissapear from the market to make room for cheap dct4 phones. I would deffenetly not pay somone to get a mod. flash. Maybe things are different in other contries?.

I do not have a ftp ore a web but maybe the good people managing this board could allow to upload to the download section?

pico
17-01-2003, 11:26 AM
Oh well it depends on how people look at modding, i mean theres LOTS of tools out there a monkey could pretty much mod a phone, like text etc...
exactly, "lets see who can use other peoples software the best". cool :)
might aswell just upload a few .bmp images and your favourite ringtones to save having to test all entered files:p

y9001
17-01-2003, 11:49 AM
i think that the winner must be elected by a poll! not by a judge :D
in this way the winner is judged by a lot of peolpe!

w0rf
17-01-2003, 02:59 PM
sounds like a great idea.

I wanne see some real nice replacing Graphics! :)

ikm19
17-01-2003, 07:28 PM
Hey got a good idea regarding the people who make money out of our sweet

Y dont we give access to download only to those who upload their flashes or to the people who are old members of this fourm..

markaidestine
18-01-2003, 12:58 AM
right now those parasites are very excited!! I think we both need judges and a poll from the participants.... the use of the judges is to screen the flash files, to see if it is qualified to join and to gain access to those flash files, becoz others might only join just to have access to those flash files..... another thing, the participants should not vote for their own flash files, coz no one will win becoz everybody wants to win so they will vote their own work and now it will all depend on the judges who will win..... and i think its better if we select Top 5.... so there are also consolations to others who work hard to make their flash files really COOL!

Unique
18-01-2003, 01:31 AM
I know its alot of work but cant we just submit photos or a short video of our editted files. This means they can not be stolen and sold and the judges dont have to flash 50 odd files.

I know its a bit more work for each of us but its a hell of a lot less work for everyone else.

But its just an idea.

I'd be more than happy to give you server space for this project what ever way you end up doing it.:)

John

ldicdican
18-01-2003, 02:02 AM
@unique,

nice idea! a short video(of course it has audio) will do to prevent those lames from selling the mods.

:) :D ;) :grin:

Coopz
18-01-2003, 05:34 AM
@unique

I think it would be fun to test out flashes, have a play with other ppl's creativity.

ikm19
18-01-2003, 08:26 PM
Good Idea

A divx Movie will be small in size and also all can download it and watch it and give points according to the file..

So there will be no more problem of selling mods files.......

ikm19
18-01-2003, 08:28 PM
Hope this contest start as soon as possible bcause if it starts in Feb then i will be the first person to miss it out :(

cyclo
19-01-2003, 08:15 PM
Okey. I got a little time available now, so I'm gonna go ahead and make a contest page for uploading/scoring etc. I'll post again about progress....

domsat
21-01-2003, 06:52 AM
GREAT IDEA!!!!

cOUNT mE iN!

y9001
21-01-2003, 06:06 PM
thanx cyclo !
let us know when your site is ready!

cyclo
22-01-2003, 12:09 AM
I think I might be coming down with a cold, so I'm not sure. But if everything goes well, and I don't get to sick I should have it up running in a couple of days. Making it doesn't really take much time at all

g3gg0
23-01-2003, 01:16 AM
what do you think about a hardcoded checksum routine
that wont allow any change on the MCU/PPM area in the flash..

PLUS

each modder creates a -creditz- menu with a 0x05E0 function
ID to the g3n0lite v2.0 slideshow routine
(yepp.. no more sim0clock capturing + deactivating in v2.0 )
this -creditz- has light effects, graphic effects and so on

RESULT

a unmodifiable flash file with the information about the ORIGINAL
author/modder..
publishable with no fear about those ebay-bandits

(of course they could dump the graphics and import them on a
non-locked MCU etc.. but it will still eliminate 90% of the l*mers)

ldicdican
23-01-2003, 01:56 AM
perfect g3gg0!!!

an UNMODIFIABLE FLASH with CREDITS OF THE AUTHOR/MODDER!

YUP! *****S WON'T GET THE CHANCE!!!

br,
Lito Dicdican

jigger
23-01-2003, 02:23 AM
@g3

has light effects, graphic effects and so on

when can we use g3nolite v2.00?

things getting better and interesting!!!

domsat
23-01-2003, 04:26 AM
men, your great!!!

Sdriver^
23-01-2003, 09:32 AM
Guys, let's just stop and think for a minute.

Firstly, the Credit menu HAS to be implemented.. if it isn't, then you're an idiot. I don't think there's one program in this world that doesn't have a credit, or about box coded in!

Secondly, lets not forget the point of this competition! Its to see which phone modification is the best.. Right? So if that's the case, the voting should be done via a PUBLIC poll. There should be a specific Forum opened up.. Where someone can upload the Flash file to the poll, and PEOPLE download the flash, test it out and then rate it! That would be the most effective routine! The modification with the most votes, wins!

Someone should contact UCables.com or some other large organisation and ask them to sponser a prize.. whether it be Money, or product vouchers, or even a DCT4 Flashing kit..

...... oh, and there should DEFINITELY be an NFree T-Shirt thrown in there ;D

As for handling the competition.. what SHOULD happen is people send their flashes (when finished) to a trusted individual.. for instance NokDoc. NokDoc holds onto ALL the flashes up until the competition closing date.. ie. Feb 15th (for example). Then, the next day (Feb 16th) all Flash files are released with .nfo texts (explain date, features, author, ideas and any thanks or recognition for certain features used (ie. "Thanks G33G0 & Al for the Fading Code)), and then the MAIN poll is created.

Why do this? Because if people upload their Flashes as time goes on, other people could download and rip code or ideas and then upload their new SUPER modification. (Can you imagine, on Feb 14th, someone ripping ALL flashes released before then, and then uploading their SUPER flash on Feb 15th?)

As for your pirate problems there is ABSOLUTELY nothing you can do to stop this. I mean afterall, this is a competition about the best mod - already you're stealing ideas and features of other phones.. so this particular competition needs to be about innovation and creativity!

Haha, and now on a lighter note.. I think this is a great idea, and we're going to see NFree flourish because of it! :D

Take care people,
Kris

y9001
23-01-2003, 09:09 PM
all right sdriver!!! i think that this will be a great competition!! we must only set the finish date!!!

eheh, i just started making my flash!! i'll win!!!:p
byez all!:D

@g3gg0: you are the best, this is a GREAT idea!!!
greetingz from italy!

g3gg0
24-01-2003, 12:41 AM
thanx :)

i will play around with own checksums ;)

cyclo
24-01-2003, 12:54 AM
Okey. I'm working on the webpages. They should be ready for evaluation and suggestions sometime tonight. I'll Post back

Originally posted by Sdriver^
Someone should contact UCables.com or some other large organisation and ask them to sponser a prize.. whether it be Money, or product vouchers, or even a DCT4 Flashing kit..

...... oh, and there should DEFINITELY be an NFree T-Shirt thrown in there ;D

If somebody want's to arrange some sort of prize, that would be great.

As for handling the competition.. what SHOULD happen is people send their flashes (when finished) to a trusted individual.. for instance NokDoc. NokDoc holds onto ALL the flashes up until the competition closing date.. ie. Feb 15th (for example). Then, the next day (Feb 16th) all Flash files are released with .nfo texts (explain date, features, author, ideas and any thanks or recognition for certain features used (ie. "Thanks G33G0 & Al for the Fading Code)), and then the MAIN poll is created.

Why do this? Because if people upload their Flashes as time goes on, other people could download and rip code or ideas and then upload their new SUPER modification. (Can you imagine, on Feb 14th, someone ripping ALL flashes released before then, and then uploading their SUPER flash on Feb 15th?)
[/B]
My suggestion here is that we should let people upload flashes during the whole competition, but have a rule saying that reusing graphics isn't permitted. In other words if somebody rips graphics from a previously posted flash it will be disqualified.

ldicdican
24-01-2003, 01:15 AM
@Sdriver,

ur ideas are great but cyclo's right, anyone can upload their flashes the whole competition dates but cannot download, right?

only uploading will allow the modders, not downloading, that way the entries are kept confidential only to the eyes of NokDoc.

agree NokDoc :) ?

br,

cyclo
24-01-2003, 05:39 AM
I'm done with the contest pages:

http://flashingcontest.tequilasms.com/

Please post (or mail me [email protected]) your feedback and suggestions. Specially about the rules. As soon as this is done we can start the contest :)

Sdriver^
24-01-2003, 07:29 AM
Hmm, the web site looks great. Has a professional edge to it. Good work.

However - just a few things:

There is no prize? Why should people be bothered entering, or coming up with amazing new innovations? Sure, recognition will be felt amongst the forum but its always great to 'achieve' some sort of physical benefit... ie. a NokiaFree T-Shirt etc. Have you asked around Cyclo?

Also, why are you rushing it? We want this competition to work, I think you should think things out a little more before you officially open it to the public. Registration is a GOOD idea. But being able to download flashes before the end of the competition is a really bad idea.. I could almost guarentee that if you do allow this, many people are going to download, then cut and paste code from someone elses phone to their own. Who cares about graphics? Functionality is the big thing here.. new innovations and such! :)

I still personally think all flashes should be withheld until a certain date, and then made available to download come the date. But that doesn't mean they can't be uploaded before then though!

Has anybody contact UCables.com yet? People should e-mail them asking if they'd like to officially sponser this competition.. it would definitely create a lot of incentive for everyone else to join in!

We've also forgot - which particular model of Nokia is this competition based on? 3310? 3315? Because I'll tell you right now there is going to be heaps of people uploading ALL sorts of things.. So how are we going to manage that? Is it going to be one poll per model.. etc?

Cyclo, please don't rush this competition! It's too good to have fail, and it looks like it could be VERY big and extremely beneficial to NokiaFree.org!

Take care,
Kris

BTW. NocDok or other forum Mods, can you please PIN this topic :)

cyclo
24-01-2003, 08:01 AM
Hmm, the web site looks great. Has a professional edge to it. Good work.

Thnx

However - just a few things:

There is no prize? Why should people be bothered entering, or coming up with amazing new innovations? Sure, recognition will be felt amongst the forum but its always great to 'achieve' some sort of physical benefit... ie. a NokiaFree T-Shirt etc. Have you asked around Cyclo?

Of course if somebody does arrange for a prize that would be great. Personally I feel creating and maintaining the site is more then enough work, so If somebody else wants to arrange for some prizes just let me know.

Also, why are you rushing it? We want this competition to work, I think you should think things out a little more before you officially open it to the public. Registration is a GOOD idea. But being able to download flashes before the end of the competition is a really bad idea.. I could almost guarentee that if you do allow this, many people are going to download, then cut and paste code from someone elses phone to their own. Who cares about graphics? Functionality is the big thing here.. new innovations and such! :)

First off all. Just to make it clear. The site isn't opened to the public yet :) It hasn't been entered in any search engines or linked from anywhere except this thread. The competition there now is just a test run for all of you guys to evaluate.

However I must dissagree with the not downloading part. As some of us were discussing earlier in this theard this competition should be not so much a technical competition as a design competiton. Lets face it. Anybody can mod a flash, but to make a flash functional, good looking and useful is an art.
Also there are only about 4-5 active asm reverse engineering people in the forum here. (NokDoc being one of them). And they release their work to the public nomatter what. I want this competition to be for the majority of the users here, not the few.

One idea that I do have (but haven't gotten arround to adding yet) is a veteran contest where the category would be "Best new feature", instead of "Best mod". This of course would logically be closed for download untill a certain date. But lets face it. I think we know who would win this one ;)
And anyway I'm afraid that this would have the reversed effect. The hardcore people here would wait to release their new stuff untill the contest is finished, unstead of releasing it right away like most of them do.

I still personally think all flashes should be withheld until a certain date, and then made available to download come the date. But that doesn't mean they can't be uploaded before then though!

Has anybody contact UCables.com yet? People should e-mail them asking if they'd like to officially sponser this competition.. it would definitely create a lot of incentive for everyone else to join in!

We've also forgot - which particular model of Nokia is this competition based on? 3310? 3315? Because I'll tell you right now there is going to be heaps of people uploading ALL sorts of things.. So how are we going to manage that? Is it going to be one poll per model.. etc?

Actually that was specified on the upload page, but I forgot to put it in the rules. I've done it now. It should of course be 3310 and 3315 only, since this is the phone almost everybody here releases to first.

I'm looking forward to hearing from some of the other users here also.

y9001
24-01-2003, 11:27 AM
good work cyclo!!!
but i think that the download page must be closed, and you will reopen it whem the competition stop.
as sdriver said, if you leave open that page, we can download all flashes and make a super flash!!

TornadoHeart
24-01-2003, 11:33 AM
Great Idea and Great Web Site..

But being able to download flashes before the end of the competition "I think" should be not allowed...

Make deaddate for uplouding flashes then put another deaddate for dowenloading and votes...

By this way you will make sure that no one will cheat...

That is what I think...

thanks..

g3gg0
24-01-2003, 04:36 PM
@TornadoHeart:
i agree

y9001
24-01-2003, 05:25 PM
i agree, too.:D

Salami1_1
24-01-2003, 06:44 PM
I think you are going to need a real big HD :D
I agree it should not be for downlaod before competition ends..

But who is going to be the judge?
Who is going to say who is the winner? (all of the public? that is not an easy job setting up..and how should all those ppl (or the judges) check out the flashes? then you must flash every flash file on a phone?? To see how and if it works? or with screenshots.. (those can be easily faked...) or both? )

need to figure that all out I think.. but I like the concept..

@cyclo contact me at [email protected]
I might have something to offer you as price.

WBR

Salami1_1

cyclo
28-01-2003, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by TornadoHeart
Make deaddate for uplouding flashes then put another deaddate for dowenloading and votes...

This seems to be the general opinion it looks like. I'll make it soo, but I'll wait adding it to the webpages untill we open the contest (so that everybody can evaluate all aspects of the contest)

Is there anything else that should be done before we can start?

y9001
28-01-2003, 09:03 AM
i think now it's all ok...
but how much time do we have?
i think 1 month is too short...
february has only 28 days:p :p !!

cyclo
28-01-2003, 12:49 PM
My suggestion for time is the following:

3 weeks for uploading, and 3 weeks for voting

Does this sound ok?

Unique
28-01-2003, 06:37 PM
I think that sounds great. Gives us all lots of time.

John

firecrac
29-01-2003, 05:21 PM
i think this conetst should be open for 8210 series also.. it conclude many changing in 8210,since now 8210 cna be modified to be 8250 n others model, n i think it's more ppl will be liking seeing n flashing the new n cool flash in the fon, and i think 8210 have more ppl playing with it,it can morph to many phone like 8250,8310,8855 with their skill n light changing, dancing light,flashing, auto key lock,fading light, rthyme flashing, and many more will be more fun.. n dun forget tthose modified ppm with song changing,msg tone changing, password protected message menu n etc. i fully support that is there's a 82xx series contest is available..

w0rf
29-01-2003, 05:24 PM
it should be open for all nokias imho:)

Unique
29-01-2003, 06:13 PM
That idea is fine if you use a small video of them to judge them.

But without that it means judges need to have a copy of each DCT 3 nokia. Its something to think about:confused:

John

Lyle
29-01-2003, 06:35 PM
suggestion:
set a criteria for judging/voting so we can have a standardized rating system.

e.g.
animations -- 30%
ringtones -- 30%
font -- 20%
theme -- 20%
total= 100%

TornadoHeart
29-01-2003, 06:39 PM
For judge, I think it can be public.. How? you can make some points and the public will give out of 10.... for example, menu graphics 4/10, font 6/10, tones 7/10 and so on....

cyclo
30-01-2003, 12:53 AM
Hey. That was actually a great idea :)

But I think the categories should be:

animations/graphics 15%
ringtones 15%
font 15%
theme 15%
smart solutions/menu structure 15%
general impression 25%

milango
30-01-2003, 10:36 AM
Thats good!!! Im in...
Ill try my best to win that.

Hopefully!!

TornadoHeart
31-01-2003, 12:11 PM
cyclo I agree with your categories

cyclo
31-01-2003, 01:14 PM
great :)

We now have got a small prize for the first place winner. I'm going to finish the last technical bits (category voting and closed for voting untill upload is finished) so hopefully we can start the contest tonight or tomorrow sometime.

Thanks for all of the great suggestions people, and let's hope this turns out to be a fun contest and that it can be held on a semi anual basis :)

cyclo
31-01-2003, 10:59 PM
Okey people... Contest has been started. Start uploading your flashfiles....

blueworks
02-02-2003, 07:36 AM
hey guys...i think that if you wanna be the bast, you should also compete with the best...

...with that said, i think the "nokia flash gods" (NokDoc, g3gg0 and joox) should be allowed to enter...

=)

just a thought... =)

Salami1_1
02-02-2003, 03:33 PM
They are allowed to enter the contest...
More then welcome :)

WBR
Salami1_1

Mobileask
02-02-2003, 07:37 PM
Very good Idea:grin: :-D :grin: :D

Coopz
03-02-2003, 11:44 AM
If ModZ gets submitted when its finished It will be one hard contest to win :)

BOEBOE
03-02-2003, 12:14 PM
Originally posted by g3gg0
what do you think about a hardcoded checksum routine
that wont allow any change on the MCU/PPM area in the flash..

PLUS

each modder creates a -creditz- menu with a 0x05E0 function
ID to the g3n0lite v2.0 slideshow routine
(yepp.. no more sim0clock capturing + deactivating in v2.0 )
this -creditz- has light effects, graphic effects and so on

RESULT

a unmodifiable flash file with the information about the ORIGINAL
author/modder..
publishable with no fear about those ebay-bandits

(of course they could dump the graphics and import them on a
non-locked MCU etc.. but it will still eliminate 90% of the l*mers)

I have no words for this...:eek:

cyclo
04-02-2003, 10:21 PM
Originally posted by blueworks
hey guys...i think that if you wanna be the bast, you should also compete with the best...

...with that said, i think the "nokia flash gods" (NokDoc, g3gg0 and joox) should be allowed to enter...

=)

just a thought... =)

The contest is free for anybody who likes to enter ;-)

I'm still waiting for the first entries. How are you guys doing out there?

Juan2k
06-02-2003, 03:02 AM
this thing only happens once, as we all know DCT3 implementation is fairly vanishing, why dont give a nice price where any newbie would dare to commit theirselves because the pricing is good and i hope theres must be a fifth place. hehehe

more power and God Bless

cypher1024
06-02-2003, 03:27 AM
I'm a real newbie at modding phones. I've been reading on the boards for a while, and I can find my way around PPMEdit, but as for adding new features... I think not! Anyone know what software I should be using for modifying the menu tree?

y9001
06-02-2003, 08:38 AM
g3n0lite, of course!:D

stallone1
06-02-2003, 04:45 PM
<<Original Text Removed>>

Salami1_1
06-02-2003, 08:56 PM
what the f*ck has that site to do with the subject.. going on in this thread???
Pls explain that.. site has NOTHING with modded flashes... (or I'm I blind?)
gsm parts has NOTHING to do with modding flashes :S

I think you do not understand quite right.. Or it's just me getting blind..

WBR

Salami1_1

enzo
06-02-2003, 09:32 PM
@Salami1_1
Hey friend, please stay cool! ;)

Greetingz from Germany
[enzo]

cypher1024
07-02-2003, 06:16 AM
Stallone was just trying to help a ***** (i.e. me) out with modding....

AHAHAHAHHAHAAHA
I can't even call myself a L A M E R!!
:p
I love censorship lol.

Salami1_1
07-02-2003, 05:17 PM
wel.. just giving a url to a site which has nothing to do with flash modding?? is that helping newbe's in flash modding?

I think it 's nothing more then useless spamming.. placing your webadress at all places to get visitors... and this is a good thread and I do no want it to be f*cked up by such posts that have no meaning...

so that is why I reacted heavy.. and I still not see that I've been wrong (eg that I looked bad at the site) so sure no sorry from me.

let's get back to the main stuff now..
Anybody already upped some of his great work???

WBR
Salami1_1

NokDoc
07-02-2003, 07:57 PM
Mr. Stallone,

I have removed that text & link since they were completely off topic.

Nor were they a stimulance to the friendly intentions of this thread.

Guys, keep up the good works.

I heard that Mr. Kontact is also willing to contribute a free version of kXplorer for one of the winners!

NokDoc

Salami1_1
07-02-2003, 10:35 PM
hej that's good news!

Ok guys now we have 2 prices..
(maybe we can make it first and second price??)

I'll start promoting the contest more ;)
I'll start it with linking from my site..
can somebody make a nice banner specially for this contest?

WBR

Salami1_1

Kontact
08-02-2003, 04:04 PM
Mr. Stallone,

I heard that Mr. Kontact is also willing to contribute a free version of kXplorer for one of the winners!

NokDoc

yes. i will be happy to give a registered copy to one of the winner. :)

good luck to the winners... :)

regards,

acezone_dan
10-02-2003, 08:33 PM
HIYA

I WAS WOUNDERING IF YOU HAD, HAD MANY ENTRYS INTO THE COMP YET??

I THINK THIS IS A REAL GR8
THANKS DAN

cyclo
11-02-2003, 01:23 PM
Hey everybody. Been rather slow at posting here. I've been sick, lying in bed trying to read Simarillion ;-)

Anyhow. A great thanx to Kontact for another prize (I've sent you an email)

acezone_dan: Not many entries yet. But the contest is still open for uploading for another 10 days. And I have a feeling everybody is delaying uploads untill the last minute. If we haven't got enough entries by the 20th well just have to leave the contest open for a while longer.

cyclo
11-02-2003, 02:01 PM
Okey Folks

Guess what? I just lost all of my email for the last two weeks because of a stupid cellphone operator :(
Anyhow. If you sent me an email and haven't got an answer, just send it again ;-)

Thanx

stallone1
13-02-2003, 01:32 PM
Mr. Stallone,

I have removed that text & link since they were completely off topic.

Nor were they a stimulance to the friendly intentions of this thread.

NokDoc

what did i posted Nokdoc1 maybe i posted in the wrong topic and page lol

stallone1
13-02-2003, 01:39 PM
hi guys wander can i supposor too . for the 1st price is a dct4 flasher+ a t191 clips

snbmf
15-02-2003, 01:11 AM
Yeahhh....good job !!

Lyle
16-02-2003, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by stallone1
hi guys wander can i supposor too . for the 1st price is a dct4 flasher+ a t191 clips

are you saying you're willing to contribute a dct4 flasher + t191 clips for the contest? if yes, just get in touch with cyclo or post your e-mail here so he can get in touch with you.

stallone1
17-02-2003, 04:18 AM
this is my email address
[email protected]

contact me i am willing to sponsor

Lyle
18-02-2003, 11:21 PM
this is my email address
[email protected]

contact me i am willing to sponsor

attention cyclo!:D

BenLags
19-02-2003, 04:27 AM
@cyclo & other contest moderators,

I've been trying to upload my modded 331x flash file for the contest since yesterday but everytime after I hit the "Enter Contest" button my browser prompt WEB PAGE UNAVAILABLE.

I registered in the contest couples of days ago, hoping I can join..... did I miss anything?

BenLags

BenLags
20-02-2003, 02:43 AM
To: modified flash contest facilitators,

Today, Feb. 20, 2003, I tried again to upload my modded flash files for the contest but again when I hit the "enter the contest" button the "page unavailable" prompt show in my browser window.

I re-confirm my registration on that website, this time a red line appear: Your account has not been activated. I tried many times but to no avail.

What seem to be the problem? Am I not qualified? or what? Pls enlighten....

BenLags

BenLags
20-02-2003, 09:58 AM
To: Bosses and Sirs.

This time success!!! I've already uploaded my modded fls file. Tnx.

BenLags

cyclo
21-02-2003, 02:15 AM
Hey folks. Sorry I haven't been very active here lately but I've been really buissy at work. Anyhow.

1) I've delayed the upload date a week due to the fact that some people have had trouble uploading, we seem to have gotten a new sponsor and that I must admit there aren't enough entries yet.

2) If anybody has any trouble uploading pls email me @ [email protected] and we'll agree on a manual upload via mail or ftp....

3) And last. We need more entries to the contest. Come on people, you have the chance to win some great prizes here and lots of fame in the forum here. So what are you waiting for?

Good Luck everybody. And feel free to email me ([email protected]) if you have any questions, suggestions, comments, etc.

;-) Have a great weekend.

meskalin
22-02-2003, 01:52 AM
Love it..... We'll see lots of nice ' One Off' Flashes !! should be some novel/cool 3310 mods soon then !

;)

khizofdeath
25-02-2003, 10:20 AM
@geggo
when will you release your version 2???
more power 2 you!!

cypher1024
27-02-2003, 05:32 AM
Only 2 days to go until downloading and voting starts!!

cyclo
28-02-2003, 12:25 AM
welll. I've delayed the voting another week :/ We only have five entries so far, and we need more before we can start voting....

So I'm waiting for new entries folks. There must be more than 5 people who want to enter the contest?

Also. I was wondering if it would be tacky if I entered the contest myself? I promiss I have not looked at any of the entries, and if I win (I doubt I will though) I will off course let the prize go to the second place instead of to myself ;-)

Have a great weekend

cypher1024
28-02-2003, 03:01 AM
Go for it cyclo! I want to see as many custom flashes as possible!!

Double L
28-02-2003, 08:36 AM
@ cyclo

welll. I've delayed the voting another week :/ We only have five entries so far, and we need more before we can start voting....

Sir, I just uploaded my Flashfile last Feb. 25, Tuesday. Can you confirm to me that you have recieved my entry. Just want to verify so that if you haven't recieved it, I can upload it again.
Thank you!

shop4facias
28-02-2003, 10:43 AM
I am happy to sponsor your competition, i cant offer huge prizes but would be happy to give the winner £30 of goods from our site, www.shop4facias.com

g3gg0
01-03-2003, 04:01 PM
@shop4facias:

wow thats a really nice present :)
thank you for your help ;)

shop4facias
02-03-2003, 02:12 PM
No problem, wouldnt mind a nice tutorial on modding flash files though, the board is great but it would be very handy to have all the info in one file, laid out nicely and idiot proof.....anyone!!

lordhendrix
10-03-2003, 10:43 AM
cool!

Salami1_1
10-03-2003, 08:31 PM
I agree with lukayjao.

But we must be carefull that ppl not just downlaod the modded flashes mod some extra thing and then upload it back.

How's going with the uploading mr cyclo??

WBR

Salami1_1

cyclo
11-03-2003, 12:47 AM
Lukayjao:
I off course agree with you and not whoever wrote the post you qouted. Anybody can download and vote, not just veterans. The only thing I require is that you register on the contest pages....

Salami1_1:
This isn't a problem. Nobody can download the flashes before the upload period is over. So in otherwords: First everybody uploads their entries, and when the upload period is finished it's time for downloading and voting. No uploading will be permited after the downloading and voting has started.

Double L
11-03-2003, 06:01 AM
@ cyclo
Sir, I just downloaded the flashfiles entries and seems that all the flashfile entries are corrupt. I wonder if im the only one having this problem?

Lukayjao
11-03-2003, 06:39 AM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by cyclo
[B]Lukayjao:
I off course agree with you and not whoever wrote the post you qouted. Anybody can download and vote, not just veterans. The only thing I require is that you register on the contest pages....

Ups! Sorry I was already enlighten. Well anyway it just a reaction to the one who reply with those topics.

Forget my post it just mis understanding by me!

thx for informing me! I will just remove the previous quote.

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

cyclo
11-03-2003, 07:40 AM
Double L:

Thank you for the information. I have checked and all of the entries except two are corrupted. The corrupted entries seem to have a filesize that differs from 1.8Mb. While the ok files are 1.8Mb as they should be.
As far as I can see there are three logical reasons.
1) People have uploaded incomplete files
2) There is a trouble with the upload module with some browsers
3) Disk crash (we had a power surge here last night)

Anyhow what I'm doing is the following. I've extended the upload period yet again. This will

a) give people more time to enter. (Come on people, we neeeed more entries)

b) it will give me time to contact the people who's files are corrupted so they can email me the files.

BenLags
11-03-2003, 08:23 AM
Sir, I'm just anxious. Is my entry OK (not corrupted)?

I'll upload it again if necessary, just let me know.

sirhc_desktop
11-03-2003, 04:00 PM
I have downloaded the files and its OK
only one was corrupted, i think it is "flashingcontest_ul_by_SEGA_9.fls" it is only 268 kb
all others are ok,
but i wonder why theres an 8210 and 8250? two of them....
the rest comes mostly in the philippines..

kabayan, you're great!
I believe to the skill of the Pinoys
like doubleL, his flash has bigger graphics, longer animation,
and lots more ...
check it out...

Lyle
11-03-2003, 05:18 PM
Originally posted by sirhc_desktop
I have downloaded the files and its OK
only one was corrupted, i think it is "flashingcontest_ul_by_SEGA_9.fls" it is only 268 kb
all others are ok,
but i wonder why theres an 8210 and 8250? two of them....
the rest comes mostly in the philippines..

kabayan, you're great!
I believe to the skill of the Pinoys
like doubleL, his flash has bigger graphics, longer animation,
and lots more ...
check it out...

if some ppl here were able to download the files already then i believe uploading should now be disabled.

as salami1_1 correctly pointed out, "But we must be carefull that ppl not just downlaod the modded flashes mod some extra thing and then upload it back."

cyclo, please accept only uploads of previously uploaded files that were corrupted.

stallone1
12-03-2003, 03:09 AM
where can i download the file of the contest i went to this site and its show this

Vote N Download
Download the entries to the contest here, and vote for them.

NB! All flash files are the properties of the owners who uploaded them. Any copying, distribution or in anyway using them for anything else than evaluating them for the contest is prohibitet without the owners written consent.

Votes are ranked 1 (lowest) to 10 (highest)

The voting for the ongoing contest has not started yet

BenLags
12-03-2003, 06:55 AM
There are people here claimed they have already downloaded and evaluated the entries. Me, like stallone1 got the same message at the "vote and download" tab. Why is this? Are there some contestants not allowed to download and vote? Please explained this moderators.

Well, its just an inquiry....

markaidestine
12-03-2003, 04:04 PM
I think the deadline is not yet over and it was extended, please post the exact deadline and the prizes i think is not yet clear, from winner to runner up, what will they get? I think this contest is for 3310/3315 only, other than that should be disqualified coz 3310/3315 has more grapix menus.

sirhc_desktop
12-03-2003, 04:55 PM
to all....

yes i've downloaded a few entry already and evaluated it
but when i returned inorder to vote,
download was CLOSED AGAIN
and it was resited to 03-25-2003...

sirhc_desktop
12-03-2003, 05:09 PM

to support my statement
here are the filenames of the flash i already downloaded:

flashingcontest_ul_by_BenLags_4.fls

flashingcontest_ul_by_Double L_7.fls

flashingcontest_ul_by_gelbaby143_8.fls

flashingcontest_ul_by_Lyle_3.fls

flashingcontest_ul_by_Meech_2 (8210).fls

flashingcontest_ul_by_paul_y2k_2_6 (8250).fls

flashingcontest_ul_by_SEGA_9.fls

the last one i think was corrupted cause its only 268 bytes

and I wonder why theres and entry for 8210 & 8250?

ggho5t_200sx
13-03-2003, 07:49 AM
Hi is there an age limit for entering the competition because I would like to enter but I'm only 16?

enzo
13-03-2003, 01:59 PM
Hi!
I don't think so, I'm 17. Well I think you already knot the ProjectZ Crew. ;) If not: www.en-zo.de

Greetingz from Germany
[enzo] from ProjectZ Crew

ggho5t_200sx
13-03-2003, 02:59 PM
well......im shocked, you look at least 20. I just didnt know if this was one of those over 18 things since the prizes would have to be shipped. Thanks for letting me know.

By the way, i dont want to sound like one of those nagging "when is ModZ going to be available" people but to stop so many comments like that it would be a good idea to update the release date on your site. Just a suggestion.

enzo
13-03-2003, 04:53 PM
Hi!
Thanks for your suggestion, I'll update the page soon! I think I'll make a new design too, but I don't know Flash6 VRML good. :(

Well, about the photo, it was taken when I was 15, *g* but thanks that I look older than I am. :)

Greetingz from Germany
[enzo]

weiandy
14-03-2003, 02:56 AM
Exciting!

cyclo
15-03-2003, 02:47 AM
Originally posted by ggho5t_200sx
Hi is there an age limit for entering the competition because I would like to enter but I'm only 16?

As the rules state anybody can enter the contest :) So feel free to enter :)

cyclo
15-03-2003, 02:49 AM
Originally posted by ggho5t_200sx
well......im shocked, you look at least 20. I just didnt know if this was one of those over 18 things since the prizes would have to be shipped. Thanks for letting me know.

The contest is totally unofficial made by me and other users on the forum. It's made by and for us, and the prizes are sponsored by private members of this forum.

cyclo
15-03-2003, 02:52 AM
Originally posted by markaidestine
I think the deadline is not yet over and it was extended, please post the exact deadline and the prizes i think is not yet clear, from winner to runner up, what will they get? I think this contest is for 3310/3315 only, other than that should be disqualified coz 3310/3315 has more grapix menus.

1. The deadline has been extended. Basically we'll keep extending it untill there are enough entries.

2. I have now posted the prizes that different users on the forum have promissed to sponsor on the rules page.

3. It states clearly in the rules that the contest is for 3310/3315 only. Any other entries will be disqualified....

cyclo
15-03-2003, 03:24 AM
Corrupted Files
- I didn't think of the case that some people would upload .zip files instead of .fls files. This has been fixed. I've added an option to specify what type of file is being uploaded. I have also fixed the allready uploaded files.
- All of the files turned out to be OK, except one file. This file was a windows executable, so I deleted the entry

Non 3315/3310 flashes
-The rules clearly say that only 3310/3315 flashes are valid. Any entries that are for other phones will be disqualified.... I might however let people vote on them (but there will be no prizes). Do the people of nokiafree think this is ok, or should I delete them from the contest alltogether.

Contest delayed again
-After the corrupted entry is removed, and the non 3310/3315 flashes disqualified there are only 4 valid entries left. 4 entries is far from the amount of files we must have to have the contest. I'll go on delaying the contest as long as it takes. But if people don't soon start uploading entries I will change the contest so that instead of a date set for starting voting it will be a min. amount of entries that will trigger people to be able to vote.

Double L
15-03-2003, 07:26 AM
To my co-members!

Many of us here says that NokiaFree is D' best and im one of them!:)
And I think this contest reflects what we have learned here. And for me its my way of saying "THANKS" to those who shared thier free SW and ideas, And we all know who they are!:) :)

Hope my co-members thinks the same and deside to join. I think its fun if we could have more entries and more flashfile to vote for.;) ;)

Maybe others are waiting for more sponsors.:D :D :D

enzo
15-03-2003, 12:36 PM
Hi!
I'd like to join this FMC. But I'm too busy for it, sorry guys, but ModZ is already delayed.

Greetingz and fun at the contest members. :)
[enzo]

cypher1024
15-03-2003, 01:01 PM
With the contest being delayed another half month, maybe i'll have a go at modding... Sadly, I don;t think i'll be able to bring anything new to the scene, so mine would probably just be a cosmetic mod. I'm still looking into learning asm so that I can develop a radio function (i.e. CB style radio) for nokia's.

:)

stallone1
15-03-2003, 01:53 PM
i think we should let the pro get into the contest too

pro means like nokdoc , enzo and etc

we can set up to price senior and junior

like this nokdoc ,enzo = to pro contest

and the rest will be junior what u think guys ?

need any sponsor name it hehehehe

sk3done
15-03-2003, 02:12 PM
@ stallone1

not a good idea coz its to hard to tell who is pro and who is not

coz (idont think he will mind) enzo for instance would not call him self a pro as he is just a cosmetic man and nokdoc i would class as a pro/programmer (tho he would disagree) so as u can see u can never tell now i am / have done and passed VB /all webbased programming causes and im sh** at this phone editting stuff (but getting better)

so know there should noot be classes in that sence maybe age classes yes coz its more likely that someone with 10years proggramming exp to someone with 2 years is going to be the better programmer

just my opionion

enzo
15-03-2003, 07:35 PM
Hi!
Yes, sk3done is right.
But I don't feel like a pro or a noob.
I'm just a guy in the GSM-Scene. I think it's a bad idea to divide the "Mobile-Phreak0rz" into pro and noobz. That is a very bad xprience for a person. Know what I try to say?
I think so. ===> {[(0nly a 5u99351I0n)]} ;)

Greetingz
[enzo] @ ProjectZ Crew

sk3done
16-03-2003, 08:09 PM
@enzo
that was what i was saying mate i agree with u 100& i was saying maybe age catagrees

cyclo
16-03-2003, 09:06 PM
i think we should let the pro get into the contest too

pro means like nokdoc , enzo and etc

we can set up to price senior and junior

like this nokdoc ,enzo = to pro contest

and the rest will be junior what u think guys ?

need any sponsor name it hehehehe

As I've said before the contest is free to enter for anybody who likes, including nokdoc, enzo, etc....

Also there is no point in deviding the contest in to categories as long as there aren't more than 4 entries. Had we had 100 entries maybe this would be considered.
Anyhow the goal of the contest isn't to see who is noobs and who is pros, just to have fun and inspire people to make cool flashes....

Double L
17-03-2003, 04:03 AM
Anyhow the goal of the contest isn't to see who is noobs and who is pros, just to have fun and inspire people to make cool flashes....
I agree to you to that 100%:) ;) :p :D

the_frightener
18-03-2003, 08:35 AM
some 1 kindly tell me ...

can i download the flash files from the contest ...

thanx a lot

cyclo
18-03-2003, 09:11 AM
nope. they cannot be downloaded untill the upload period is finished.....

Lyle
19-03-2003, 06:13 AM
Originally posted by cyclo
Corrupted Files
- I didn't think of the case that some people would upload .zip files instead of .fls files. This has been fixed. I've added an option to specify what type of file is being uploaded. I have also fixed the allready uploaded files.
- All of the files turned out to be OK, except one file. This file was a windows executable, so I deleted the entry

Non 3315/3310 flashes
-The rules clearly say that only 3310/3315 flashes are valid. Any entries that are for other phones will be disqualified.... I might however let people vote on them (but there will be no prizes). Do the people of nokiafree think this is ok, or should I delete them from the contest alltogether.

Contest delayed again
-After the corrupted entry is removed, and the non 3310/3315 flashes disqualified there are only 4 valid entries left. 4 entries is far from the amount of files we must have to have the contest. I'll go on delaying the contest as long as it takes. But if people don't soon start uploading entries I will change the contest so that instead of a date set for starting voting it will be a min. amount of entries that will trigger people to be able to vote.

since only four entries are left, could you post the name of the entries here so we'll know if we need to re-upload our entries. thanks!

cyclo
19-03-2003, 06:33 AM
There isn't any need. The only entry deleted was a windows executable, not a flash or zip file.... So unless you uploaded a .exe file you are ok :)

stallone1
19-03-2003, 07:34 AM
gezzz just a simple post make up a mess ahhaha
ok ok no professional
all are =

:)

dave8210
25-03-2003, 01:49 PM
When will the contest close?
Do I have the time enter it???
Haven't done so much yet... ;)

meff
26-03-2003, 12:58 AM
just registered as "ZORG" just to fool all my firends:D i'm working on a cool gfx for menu of 3310 but i don't have one to test the flash but i'm sure it'll work anyway it's gonna be cool, just tuned my girlfriends N3330 and she said the phone is awesome so you'll see... go to my site and help me pay my bills by clicking on allegro.pl banner http://www.polbox.com/m/meff

cyclo
26-03-2003, 10:23 AM
dave8210: The contest will at the earliest close for uploads april the 20th... So you still have almost a whole month to finish your flash ;-)

Relhist
03-04-2003, 04:07 PM
Hi All MFC members & flash modifiying Gurus,

Is there any possibility to modify a flash for 3210 so that it beeps in every hour?

Thx,
Relhist

meff
03-04-2003, 04:47 PM
"3210 beeps every hour" if you're a good Arm coder then it's probably possible there is enough space in the flash file for new routines... But don't ask me how to do it, i'm a coder but only in 68xxx asembler on amiga...

Salami1_1
04-04-2003, 10:49 AM
it has also NOTHING to do with this thread..
3210 is not allowed in the competition
so pls do ask your question in right place! (It seems so difficult for some people :S)

back on pls.
People get uploading your stuff! :) Else I think this competition is going to die..

WBR

Salami1_1

Relhist
04-04-2003, 03:15 PM
Originally posted by Salami1_1
it has also NOTHING to do with this thread..
3210 is not allowed in the competition
so pls do ask your question in right place! (It seems so difficult for some people :S)

back on pls.
People get uploading your stuff! :) Else I think this competition is going to die..

WBR

Salami1_1
I know, I read the whole tread, that this contest is not about 3210. But, pls, be patient :-) I asked my question in several places, but i get no useful ideas.
In this tread there are so many flash modding Guru, so i thought, that _maybe_ somebody can help me :-) I was right. By the way, Salami1_1 are You reading another threads besides this?

THX,

Oaks Relhist

killer04
12-04-2003, 08:09 AM
Good luck to u guys;)

king_m
16-04-2003, 01:10 PM
wat software do u use t make these logos and stuff

mekme
21-04-2003, 06:02 PM
hello! i see there is a contest going on now.. nice to see.. i thought it would be "moved" again.

i checked the scores now.. and i se that RANK no:1 is placed first(of course) but his score is ZERO (0) .

just checking so everything is right.

hope everbody will be satisfied.
now im gonna test some flashes ;)
hehe
hope someone like my.. "people"

markaidestine
25-04-2003, 08:20 AM
i thought today is the deadline, i wasnt able to upload my flash files, can i still upload it? ....just askin, its ok if it is not! Goodluck!

Artangel
27-04-2003, 05:32 PM
i joined that contest but still now ... i'm waiting for my confirmation code .... :(

aggro666
28-04-2003, 04:00 PM
hi @ all

i joined the contest too, but my Confirmation Key didn`t work

:eek:

can anyone help me?

cyclo
01-05-2003, 12:22 AM
Sorry about the delay in replying to the last posts. I've been away from home without a internet connection. However:

To those of you who didn't make the deadline. We will try to have a new contest after this one is finished. Perhaps with some additional categories or something. So save your flashfiles for the next contest ;-)

To those of you who are experiencing trouble loging on to and/or activating your accounts please drop me a quick email @ [email protected] with the email you registered with, username and password and info about what the trouble is and I'll fix it :)

On another account I'm looking forward to checking out the entries, but I haven't had the time to hook up my flash cable (I have to move a whole big stack of computers to do that)....

It would be great if we could have another contest after this one is finished. What do you guys think? What (if anything) should we do different than this time arround? (practise makes perfect). Feel free to post your comments, ideas and suggestions here.
Also; Is there interest for another contest (perhaps with the posibility of modding other phones, different categories, etc). If there isn't any interest there isn't much point wasting time on it....

Finally.... Good luck to all of you who have entered the contest

killer04
17-05-2003, 03:46 PM
Hey why dont you add your signature in your flashes?To prevent piracy

Double L
18-05-2003, 04:54 PM
@ cyclo

When is the voting gonna end?

stallone1
19-05-2003, 06:47 AM
cyclo

let me know who is winner email me the address and name so i can send him the dct4 flasher dongle

[email protected]

www.i-phone.org

the_frightener
19-05-2003, 05:19 PM
some 1 kindly tell me ...how can i download the flash files of the contest through getright properly ?

thanx in adv

cyclo
20-05-2003, 03:31 PM
stallone1: I will as soon as the voting is finished

the_frightener: No you cannot. You have to download the files directly of the webpage. This due to a safty feature disabling remote linking to the files for the owners protection.

Everybody: Pls don't use [email protected] at the moment. I'm having trouble with it. Instead email me at [email protected]

Junar Alcala
06-06-2003, 08:21 PM
Hi Markaidestin!

I have heared that you said the best flashfiles youve seen is the halloween flash file.

Kabayan would you send me the said flash file? here is my email add. [email protected]. would you?;)

Thanks.

Alinus
06-06-2003, 09:54 PM
PLEASE !

No "send me" posts !

Use private messages for such requests !

Junar Alcala
09-06-2003, 07:46 AM
Hi Markaidestine!

I have read in this thread that you have a holloween file. If its ok with you to send me a file of that holloween, i would like to have a weird phone.:) ;)

PLSSSSSS...................

Thank in advance.....

cyclo
09-06-2003, 09:32 AM
This is not a thread for trading flashes, but the official thread for the flashingcontest at tequilasms.com..... Please respect that.

slikmik
20-06-2003, 04:39 PM
Well is the contest over yet?

Ive been to tequilasms and they says it is

So are prizes being given out for the three lucky winners?

Mike

cyclo
21-06-2003, 11:35 AM
The contest is over ofor this time. Unfortunally I've been working 24/7 lately on a videoconferencing portal, but as soon as I get a spare moment I will send the e-mail addresses of the winners to those of you who promissed prizes. Congratulations.

SmaRkieS
21-06-2003, 12:07 PM
i think my flash will me the best! toink! are we all here?

Lyle
22-06-2003, 06:19 AM
strange... just a few days back before the contest ended...

mekme's score was 7.8xx and mine was 7.1xx, how come when i checked it today to see who won, mekme's score is 7.109 and my score is 6.581.

could anyone (perhaps cyclo) care to explain the reduction in scores?

mekme
22-06-2003, 03:35 PM
i suppose it is an middle value of all the votes on our flashes.

if i wote 10 on yours and 4 on my. your flash gets little higher value (total)
and mine little lower (total)

Double L
23-06-2003, 03:50 AM
Just want to thanks all who voted for my flashfile.
Hope you enjoy it. Thanks;)

stallone1
21-07-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by cyclo
stallone1: I will as soon as the voting is finished

the_frightener: No you cannot. You have to download the files directly of the webpage. This due to a safty feature disabling remote linking to the files for the owners protection.

Everybody: Pls don't use [email protected] at the moment. I'm having trouble with it. Instead email me at [email protected]
\

cyclo send me the email and let me know how is the winner

Double L
28-07-2003, 04:42 AM
:confused: :confused: :confused:
I wonder what hapends to this contest:confused:
Are there any official winners yet???

slikmik
28-07-2003, 04:04 PM
WHATS HAPPENING HERE????? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Shouldnt this be finished with by now??

Cheers
Mike

mekme
28-07-2003, 04:19 PM
I am wondering alot around this too...

gymosphere
02-08-2003, 12:50 PM
how do u design the flash?

btw, i don really undertand what flash is... :P

cyclo
08-08-2003, 01:29 AM
Hey everybody.... So sorry it took so incredibly long to contact those of you who sponsored the contest with prizes. I left a few days after the contest was over, and didn't come back until a few days ago.
Anyhow I've now sent the email addresses of the winners to the kind people who sponsored the contest.

The question now is if we should make a new contest. Perhaps something else than a 3310 flashingcontest? I'm open for suggestions.

I haven't had the chance to try the submitted entries yet, but I'm sure you all have done a great job, and I'm looking forward to trying them.....

A big flash greeting to you all.

Double L
09-08-2003, 08:13 AM
@ cyclo

Sir I think you should post who's the official winners are! cos some of us are confuse of the points system.:)

cyclo
11-08-2003, 01:29 AM
hehe. The scoring system isn't that dificult. The winners are the three people with the highest scores (also ranked as 1,2 and 3)... But just for the book the winners are:

1. mekme
2. Lyle
3. Double L

congratulations

stallone1
11-08-2003, 08:12 AM
As a promise from I-Phone Network to give away the Flashing contest Prize

[email protected]

Dear Martin,

This is the winning of the contest for the DCT3 phone flashing prize and have sent today (11/08/2003) and this the Courier service (EMS ) tracking number you can check at your country after 5-7 working days.Thank you.

The tracking number for the EMS sending to Sweden :
EE 633206128 MY

1)DCT4 Cheaper Dongle + 4 cables
2)Motorola T19X Clip + CD

Best Regards

Mart Tang

Lot 2801, Ground Floor Block 10,
Kuching Central Land District,93200
Kuching ,Sarawak, Malaysia.
Tel:60-82-259239 Fax: 60-82-420187
E-Mail: [email protected]
Forum Website: http:/forum.i-phone.org

As a promise from I-Phone Network to give away the Flashing contest Prize

mekme
12-08-2003, 05:17 PM
I cannot say anything else but thank you!!

flashwebman
12-08-2003, 05:29 PM
how can i do that?

the light effect and slide show?

please, help me, im a newbie here.

thnx!

you can email me at [email protected]

Salami1_1
13-08-2003, 12:05 AM
the gsm-software cd's will be shipped tomorrow to the lucky nr 2 in the contest!
Who is already contacted etc et

(all details are private :) )

thnx all for doing your very best!

With best regards,

Salami1_1

www.gsm-software.net

Double L
21-08-2003, 09:32 AM
@ Kontac

Sir, I would like to thank you for the wonderful prize "kxplorer":)

I have already e-mailed to you my H/w finger.
Pls. verify that you have received it or not, so that i can e-mail it to you again if you have not received it yet.

Thank You Sir, & more Power!!!

Double L
24-08-2003, 10:05 PM
@ Kontact

Sir sorry for the "T" in my last post:D

Sir im still waiting for my Key:(

Hope you have the time to send it:)

Thanks Again!

Double L

topik1980rh
05-09-2003, 08:18 PM
from i read at the web of tequila, only mention 3310-3315 moded, what about the 3330, can i join the contest too???

Lyle
07-09-2003, 07:11 AM
the gsm-software cd's will be shipped tomorrow to the lucky nr 2 in the contest!
Who is already contacted etc et

(all details are private :) )

thnx all for doing your very best!

With best regards,

Salami1_1

www.gsm-software.net

thanks for the CDs although i have yet to receive the CDs.

neohsseng
11-09-2003, 07:53 AM
http://flashingcontest.tequilasms.com/? Can't access this webpage, why?

asgaardro
27-09-2003, 02:19 AM

try asgaardro moded menu 3315

Lyle
29-09-2003, 07:05 PM
the CD's that steven sent didnt arrive. i think it got lost (stolen) at the post office. he has promised to send a replacement.

i just want to thank steven in public for his generousity. it's because of people like him that this forum has flourished.

mekme
15-11-2003, 10:08 PM
well i didnt get my prize yet..

i wonder why ??...

anyone else got the same problem?

best regards,
martin

cyclo
15-11-2003, 10:21 PM
to those who wondered why the website was gone for a little while..... I was a couple days late renewing the domain.... so it was offline for a couple of days

stallone1
17-11-2003, 09:37 AM
Hi Martin

Kindly call up the EMS courier service in sweden and give them your airwaybill number this parcel have already arrive sweden for sure
its take only 10days the most to reach sweden

The tracking number for the EMS sending to Sweden :
EE 633206128 MY