PDA

View Full Version : Nokia phone store PIN in memory... how to read it?

Inode
17-01-2003, 02:20 PM
Hello,
I note some strange manners in nokia phones... If you able to remove sim without remove the battery you will see that the phone tell you to insert sim. Now, if the sim card have the PIN active, when you will insert again the SIM the phone will not ask you the PIN.
The SIM must be reinizialized in this case, also the nokia phone have to store in memory the PIN... Anyone have any idea of where it store it?

Inode

<M457>
17-01-2003, 03:35 PM
phone store pin in ram, so we can read this only with sone old flashfile and m2bus, like 5110 5.22.

See about section in rolis noktol 1.8 or 1.9

bye !

-=)(M457)(=-

Manipulator
18-01-2003, 05:31 AM
the PIN stor in the phone is the PIN you already enter when you on the phone,???:confused:so, why you want to read the PIN from the phone eeprom if you already know the PIN1 code.
let say,if you put in a simcard with/without PIN1 to a phone,than take it out without off the phone,and put in another simcard that with PIN1,you still can't get the PIN1 code from the phone,coz the PIN1 stor in phone eeprom is not PIN1 for this sim.

i'm not sure what i say is right,i never try this,it just my point of view.:p :o :grin: :)

<M457>
18-01-2003, 03:19 PM
the PIN stor in the phone is the PIN you already enter when you on the phone,???

yes, you are right!
it are stored in RAM, i don't know exact location.

b.r.

-=)(M457)(=-

nonu_don
27-01-2003, 12:48 PM
see what i tried but didnt worked out

i took the sim card out of phone without switching off, now it said, insert sim card. and then i inserted another simcard for which i didnt knew the pin code. but it then said "code error"..

so there is one thing wanna ask, when it said code error it means that it cheked and the memory code and sim code were not same, so does it means i am out of my 3 trials to check for the pin code.

Naman