PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 3330 "no signal"

||Joe
17-01-2002, 04:31 PM
Anyone any idea about the 3330 signal loss after flashing?

Wintesla reports no Sim Locks active and all checksums tested ok.

I've tried relocking and unlocking, reflashing, recalculating checksums with NFree adn tried the "3330 Solution" i.e FFFFF in MCC + MCN with patch and partial flashes.

Either I end up with all 4 locks closed, open locks but checksums incorrect, open locks but Wintelsa still reports simlocks active or the very annoying one... open locks wintesla reports no sim locks and checksums ok but still i cannot get service.

It tries for a few secs but loses it again... and i'm loosing it trying to get the damn thing to work. Teach me to start messing about I guess.

So any ideas welcome.. and please no wild goose chases for miracle programs that do it all for you ...lol /n/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

||Joe
17-01-2002, 05:19 PM
Version 4.30 by the way

||Joe
17-01-2002, 05:44 PM
What network was the phone originally locked to? I've ben told that 3330 on Orange you can't unlock using the 3330Solution. When you tried the solution, did you flash your backup back to the phone?

||Joe
17-01-2002, 06:15 PM
BTCellnet .. I flashed the partial flash that is with the "solution" titles orig.

So flashed partial patch, done the FFFFF with Nokiatool then flashed the original partial. But that leaves all locks closed.

I don't have a working backup! this all started when I was trying to change code on another SIM from my work nokia 6210. When I put my SIM back into my 3330 it came up with SIM not accepted. Then the fun and games started trying to get it working again. An education if nothing else!

ROB
17-01-2002, 09:11 PM
Hi Andy!!! Sorry mate i think you have totaly f**ked the phone.I had the same problem with my 3330 v 4.30 I tried nokia tool, plus i took it to a repair centre & they said it would be cheaper to buy a new one. (BUT if you are on contract) ill tell you what i did.I don't know if BT cellnets the same as 1-2-1 but i told them that it was playing up & they sent me a replacement without any problem. (LUVLEY)
All the best with this one.
Rob.

||Joe
17-01-2002, 09:26 PM
Mmm.... had a feeling I was on a mission impossible.

I'll contact BTCellnet and spin them some tail about it not working etc and see if they will send a replacement... you never know I might get 1 and still have the other to mess about with a bit more... /n/images/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Thanks for the help people, I'll let you know how I get on and if i ever manage to get the old 1 working. Still open to advise though!

Cheers

Andy

||Joe
17-01-2002, 09:26 PM
hello again.
only advice I have is join club nokia, take it to nokia centre and tell them that you left your phone in your car overnight and now it is f**ked (basically play dumb). I've done this many times (for friends) and in my experience it has worked EVERY time! worth a shot either way

laterz

ROB
18-01-2002, 10:01 AM
Hi again Andy!!! More bad news! if BT cellnet replace the damaged phone they will exchange it, NOT just give you a new phone.I wait to hear from you.
All the best.
Rob.

||Joe
18-01-2002, 05:50 PM
Find anyone that only makes unlock for living, and they will save you.
I fucked a 3330 v4.30, and i send it to a pro unlockerm, and the phone came perfectly.
Of course he didinīt told me what he have done.

||Joe
18-01-2002, 06:13 PM
Well i've not had a chance to contact BT yet.. I might visit a local unlocker to see what he can do tomorrow.

But it does look like it is possible. Probably with better equipment than I have.

Good warning to others with 3330 4.30.... on't screw with them! lol

Andy