PDA

View Full Version : unlocking 8310 for first time......

xe-cute
21-01-2003, 11:54 AM
Well i am very scared to ay the least. I got the universal data cable with 4 connections and also the extra 8310 conector.

Could someone point me to the best program to use to unlock my 8310 as there seems to be a few out there.

Also i can't find an easy guide for the simple stuff like:

1)how to put the connector into the phone....it seems to only go in one way but its a tight fit....so should i put pressure on to get it to fit snug? [problem seems to be the battery pins in the way].

2)do i connect the cable to computer then phone or other way around?

3)Do i have phone switched off when i first connect the cable then switch it on then run whatever program to use?

4)any info i should know about any problems which may arise?

5)whats the sim card holder on the data lead for

6) i leave phone on and insert sim card into the actual phone whilst its switched on? Then after do i switch phone off then back on?

7) I'm using a simcard from my 5110 phone so will this sim card be alright to use?

I know these are very newbie questions but like i say im so scared of knacking up my phone i wanna get it right

I have tried reading up but alot of tutorials seem to talk about unlocking using the flashing way of doing it!

Also i dunno if the cable i have is f bus or m bus.

Anyway sorry again for all the simple questions i'm just trying to double check and make sure....for example i dont know my phones bios version or anything as it came sim free and my sim card from other phone is locked out so i cant get the codes to work!

thankyou in advance for your patience and advice!

Lucas
21-01-2003, 05:07 PM
you can safely use JIC unlocker - it won't destroy your phone

xe-cute
21-01-2003, 05:26 PM
thankyou for your reply.

will that work with any version?

i do not know if my version is above or belove 5.7 or whatever the crucial number is.

the problem i have is wether the sim card [and the phone is locked] or when the sim card is not in whenever i do #0000# it comes up displaying 'emergency calls only' due to no sim or with it being restricted [locked] phone

Also i cannot get ahold of a sim card on the same T-Mobile network to check the version its using by entering #0000#.

xe-cute
21-01-2003, 05:41 PM
ah i found out atlast:

right i get on the display now:

v05.11
27-05-02
NHM-7

so does this mean its ok to unlock?

also how do i use this dammn data cable lol...... do i need to do anything with that switch thing that loiks like a simcard is meant for it?

Lucas
21-01-2003, 06:58 PM
try !

if doesn't work check "dct4 star wars unlocker" or "techtron tool"
if they don't work too - there is no free solution - you gotta have dct4 flasher....with dongle

xe-cute
21-01-2003, 07:12 PM
yeah i was just wanting as much info as possible as i dont wanna trash my phone as its alot of money to me and there maybe something simple i have not yet understood!

we all have to start somewhere and at this early stage i truely cannot afford to mess up my phone!

if it was a cheap one i'd prob not think twice but i only been reading up on stuff for one week and wanna make sure about i got the just of everything!

sorry if i sound too cautious but i just wanna know what the real risk is if tbh i aint got an f'ing clue what im doing how much damage i can actually do!

I'm still gonna hold on for a few hours to see if theres any last minute info i should know because like i say im very nervous with being a virgin and wanna make sure i do it properally!

xe-cute
21-01-2003, 10:29 PM
right im risking it now seeing as not many peeps wanna give advice for how many views my threads had....maybe its coz its silly question?

Anyway i stick in the data cable but cant power on my phone...its plugged into comp and ive fit it in best i can although it dont wanna stay fitted in i keep my hand over it but no power :(

nadger
22-01-2003, 01:19 AM
take the small grey sim gate out of the phone, also take that small square foam protector from around the pins on the data cable. also make sure the pins on the cable are straight and will move in and out without sticking.

all versions upto but NOT including v5.57 can be unlocked with free soft from the net.

JIC
techtron tweak

both are fine to use.

xe-cute
22-01-2003, 03:15 AM
Yeah the grey gate is out and also the protection foam is off. My problem is i cant get any power from com1 or com2 into the phone.

I have to take the battery out to unlock the 8310 and no power is coming through the data cable to power the phone for the unlock. Also the actual data cable is a dodgey fit and wont clip in right to the back so i have to hold it in!

I got the data cable from nokia fx and with the also added nokia 8310 adapter.

Now when i use the 5110 cable on my 5110 it works as i can keep the battery in that phone whilst unlocking but on the 8310 ya cant! Or am i missing something?

on the 8310 the battery needs to be taken out yeah? also even with the charger in the phone wont power on as no battery in!

god this is sending me nuts now :((((

any help mucho appreciatto :)

xe-cute
22-01-2003, 05:58 AM
ok ok i sorted it out im a complete and utter fool and i appologise!

i did not know the battery connected into the back of the data cable!

I'm so sorry but i got no instructions and never knew!

my appologies yet again!

still aint done it yet [lol im so sad] but im about to!

xe-cute
22-01-2003, 06:48 AM
ok now i got the battery on the phone in the clip behind i was stupid enough to miss i now cant put my phone into test mode!

so...i'm using 'nokia DCT4 unlocker' which i just do unlock and putst he phone into test mode!

then it says something like 'sp succesfull' or similiar but when i put my sim card in it still comes up 'service restricted' and asking for the unlock code :(

any ideas peeps?

xe-cute
23-01-2003, 02:01 AM
the star wars unlocker says its unlocked it but it hasn't

jic just switches the phone off and reports no phone connected

and techtron comes up with a privledge error so i reckon its a dll file not registerd which ive tried everything to register and used many different download sources for the program so it must not work on winxp and also not in win98 compatability mode :(

getting very frustrating this :(

nadger
24-01-2003, 12:38 AM
sounds like you need to put the fone into test mode then unlock it m8. mail me your addy and i will post you something to do it.

Alinus
24-01-2003, 09:03 AM
use star wars to put phone into test mode
do not disconnect phone
close star wars
open jic
press unlock
and here u go

xe-cute
24-01-2003, 12:44 PM
sorry i aitn posted on the forum but i've been posting on another forum!

yeah as i told the other forum who suggested that it still dont work!

star wars then jic says error reading IMEI which i know is not broke and the number on screen matches one on my box and phone

star wars then techtron says phone not replying!

got cable from nokia fx so that should be ok and i double checked its all in properally a few times!

its must be a win xp problem or something!

Alinus
24-01-2003, 05:39 PM
yep
use win 98se

xe-cute
24-01-2003, 07:38 PM
ok now i wanna say thx to you!

you gave me an idea and it worked!

i did have JIC on 98 compatibility and it did not work!

i did have starwars unlocker on win 98 compatability and it did not work

i then used starwars unlocker to put to test mode then JIC unlocker and both on win 98 and it did work!

so thankyou and everyone else who has helped me as finally its working after 5 days trying every method and combination oin the book!

i greatly appreciatte it :)