PDA

View Full Version : How to Get the IMEI number

btnokdev
23-01-2003, 12:09 PM
Hi People,

Do you know how to Get the IMEI number with Symbian OS SDK 6.1 for Nokia 7650 ?

I'm developing application for Nokia 7650 and in certain function I need the IMEI Number.

I've found in symbian developer network forum, a peace of code that get IMEI code but it seems that it is necessary the "etelbgsm.h" and "gsmbas.lib".

Really the problem it that the include file "etelbgsm.h" not exists and i can't find it (Neither on the web).

Any help is apreciated a lot.

Thanks.

mkwatis
23-01-2003, 12:58 PM
I dont uderstand carefully your question about these symbian but what i know is to type *#06# in any gsm phone you will get funny imei,sorry if im wrong in my explanation

w0rf
23-01-2003, 10:23 PM
think he wants to write a c++ app for his 7650 with the nokia sdk
so, he want to know the function to do this.

ain't there something like a nokia api? not sure, my c++ needs te get a bit better first, before I touch things like that:)

btnokdev
24-01-2003, 09:49 AM
Hi

Yes, I want develop a C++ application and to compile the code I need the "etelbgsm.h" header file that is not included in the SDK.

Do you know how i can obtain this files ?

Thank you

pico
24-01-2003, 04:32 PM
sorry if this is too basic for you, but have you tried standard AT+ commands?

btnokdev
29-01-2003, 05:01 PM
Hi,

Thanks for all your help.

I actually have solved how to get the IMEI number.

there are 2 ways to do it:

1. To get the header file "etelbgsm.h", which is missed in the Series 60 SDK 1.0 for symbian OS (Nokia 7650), I've extracted it from the Nokia 9200 Communicator Series SDK 1.2 for symbian OS.

To do this I have had to download the whole Nokia 9200 SDK.

2. The supported way to retrieve the IMEI number in Series 60 is:

// Add to mmp file and rebuild makefiles.
LIBRARY plpvariant.lib

// Code
#include &ltplpvariant.h&gt // For IMEI

// This is just a TDes or TBuf that you can "printout" safely.
TPlpVariantMachineId aId;

#if !defined(__WINS__)
PlpVariant::GetMachineIdL(aId);
#endif

You cannot retrieve IMEI in emulator since the lib is only for ARMI-builds

I have the Nokia 7650 with the firmware V 4.39 30-10-02 NHL-2NA.

I've used the second solution and it has worked fine.

Regards

stefenh
13-07-2004, 06:12 AM
Hi People,

Do you know how to Get the IMEI number with Symbian OS SDK 6.1 for Nokia 7650 ?

I'm developing application for Nokia 7650 and in certain function I need the IMEI Number.

I've found in symbian developer network forum, a peace of code that get IMEI code but it seems that it is necessary the "etelbgsm.h" and "gsmbas.lib".

Really the problem it that the include file "etelbgsm.h" not exists and i can't find it (Neither on the web).

Any help is apreciated a lot.

Thanks.

I never worked with nokia's symbian systems but most nokis will display the IMEI by pressing *#06#, this will or should display a serial number. :-?

Musicb0ffin
13-07-2004, 06:49 PM
He wants to call the IMEI in software he has developed, not find out his. If he put his IMEI in, it would be no good for other ppls fones.