PDA

View Full Version : I really want to BARR this...

anthony_bud
30-01-2003, 03:47 AM

He keeps on calling and txtn' me. I really got irritated when i hear my phone ringing and see that again it's him.

I now can't even read my txt msgs coz of that "CALLING..." displayed again and again before i can open even a single msg.

He even tries to call and send fu***** msgs even at 1:00 AM. I already talked to him and said he'll be goin' to stop and now there's that new # again and i really suspecting that again it was him.

I know this thread don't attract much of your attention but it will really be a big help to me.

Can i barr just these numbers?:(

I'm talkin' about that stupid GAY.:mad:

Coopz
30-01-2003, 04:10 AM
Try This:

http://www.accesscomms.com.au/gsmcodes.htm

Its for Australia however so I dont know if it will work anywhere else.

anthony_bud
30-01-2003, 04:55 AM
Thanx for the link but it can't, only Telstar, Optus and Vodafone supports the codes.

cprafferty
30-01-2003, 05:41 AM
Well...

You might as well know that YOU cannot barr a single number. I think the only people who have the technology to barr single numbers are the network providers.

So if this person is annoying you call your network and tell them about your problem.

weremanok
30-01-2003, 03:03 PM
you know what i'll do? i'll go to a sex channel in mirc then i'll pretend to be horny and then post those numbers. i'll bet that he'll get a lot of fone calls and sms msgs hehehe... 8-)

philnok
30-01-2003, 04:59 PM
Originally posted by weremanok
you know what i'll do? i'll go to a sex channel in mirc then i'll pretend to be horny and then post those numbers. i'll bet that he'll get a lot of fone calls and sms msgs hehehe... 8-)

This is a good idea... maybe you can try this!!

leorick
30-01-2003, 08:02 PM
I have the same problem too :( . What I do is creating the Shitlist in user group just like mIRC (with my 8250). And then I put ringtone = (empty) that mean it won't ring but the light is still come when it ring. Any good idea to add in this method :confused:

anthony_bud
31-01-2003, 01:37 AM
How really nice to hear suggestions from you guys.

That's what i'm thinking b4 that i could publish his numbers on the internet.

If i can't block these #s then this will be my last remedy.:)

BTW: Can't i send a msg that destroys his phone or whatever? I know 'bout that 3315 virus but it only hangs, and his phone is Trium i think, i don't know if it will still work on him.

Lyle
31-01-2003, 09:22 AM
got to the National Telecommunications Commission office and file a report/compliant. they will get in touch with the Network and disable the number.

then again, the the prankster can just buy a new sim to annoy you again but it will cost him a few bucks now.

just a suggestion.

DavieB
31-01-2003, 03:32 PM
FFS! Do you people EVER use the search feature? Or look through the old pages? Thats the reason we have them!

Listen - Call your networks NCB and report him.. They will setup what they refer to as "tap" on your phone. It allows them to listen in on calls from his numberand log all calls/sms between you two. Yeh we know they can look thru old logs but this is a way to actively (real-time) monitor...
If they have had previous reports of this they will immediately defer all their information to the authorities who will deal with it - otherwise they will close his account due to t&c violations...

Most networks offer you a free number change due to the circumstances - others just charge you $10/£10 (a low amount - just to disuade pranksters from using it as a free way to hide).

Elsewise you can just buy a new simcard!

If you can't be bothered doing that, just go directly to the relevant authorities in your country (the police..) who will either talk with him, charge him with harrasment, or demand his provider refuse service as he is breaking the law (this is assuming your country has anti-harassment laws... i'm unfamiliar with mobile phone related law outside the UK)

Regards

P.s.
No "virus" for mobile phone exists. The term refers to a malicious program with self propogation ability. The sms which crashes certain phones with old firmware simply exploits the fact that the phones firmware does not check for invalid (boundry exceptions) UDH's... Even if by luck his firmware was susceptible to this exploit all he would have to do is change simcards (if the phone had no internal sms memory) or take his phone to someone with a datacable and pull an SFS reset (not a difficult job)..

P.p.s

This has all been dealt with before in previous threads! Please save us all some time and look in the future..

b0rg3
06-03-2003, 11:37 AM

man!!!! this is the best idea.......:grin: :grin: :grin:

cyclo
06-03-2003, 11:53 AM

Studid.... If you do this you will not be any better than him.

liteFun
06-03-2003, 12:36 PM
what i will do in this kind of case:
just call my sp and get new number, then tell my friends my new number.

and are you sure that caller really is gay?
i don't think he is a gay, gays normally don't ruin other peoples lifes.
maybe you have a gayphobia?

contact your sp and police, get your phone wiretapped and get some evidence for police etc.

Big doink
06-03-2003, 06:48 PM
What about some sms bombing

GadgetCatcher
06-03-2003, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by Big doink
What about some sms bombing

Tried that method, but only stopped them for a short while.

Ended up having my SP change my number. Was a real hassle passing out the new number but was worth it.

:D

Anyway,
Here is somewhat a novel idea concerning callers who withheld the number!!
Regardless if it is a landline or mobile.

Many SP's actually have a program (which they charge you) very similar to the UK BT landline system, where it enables you see and actually block that call. The only problem I can see with that, is that it costs you and you have to make sure that you do not accidentally block a friend who just like to call you a lot (oops)

Anyway, I don't actually know if a SP in another country can do that facility, but if landline SP's can do it, it is most probable that a mobile SP can.

typhoon
07-03-2003, 03:52 AM
Id would sms bomb him, or if he kept ringing, get a really loud whistle and when u pick up blow it has hard as you can into it, it would fucking hurt their ear!

Or ring your mobile co, and get them to block, i wouldnt go to police

GadgetCatcher
08-03-2003, 12:43 AM
Originally posted by anthony_bud

He keeps on calling and txtn' me. I really got irritated when i hear my phone ringing and see that again it's him.

I now can't even read my txt msgs coz of that "CALLING..." displayed again and again before i can open even a single msg.

He even tries to call and send fu***** msgs even at 1:00 AM. I already talked to him and said he'll be goin' to stop and now there's that new # again and i really suspecting that again it was him.

I know this thread don't attract much of your attention but it will really be a big help to me.

Can i barr just these numbers?:(

I'm talkin' about that stupid GAY.:mad:

Hey anthony_bud,

I am curious on what you have decided to do about this problem of yours.
Please let us all know.

:D

anthony_bud
08-03-2003, 02:28 AM
:) Well guys, it's really nice to know that you're all concern in this.

I know he's a gay coz he's my ojt here before.

I already tried changing different nos. but still he'll know it.

What i did is, i gave his number to all my friends and told them that he's disturbing me.

They all send him a threat and if he won't stopped then somebody will kill him.

Now, stopped!:)

BTW: Thank you guys!:D

GadgetCatcher
11-03-2003, 03:00 PM
Sorted!!

Hope it stays that way for you.

All the best.:cool: