PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 5130: How to get rid of number "1" icon on top left corner of display?

Nanda
30-01-2003, 10:56 PM
Hi everyone,

just got a 5130 that displays a number "1" icon on the top left-hand corner of the screen, right next to the signal strenght bar.

I want to get rid of it. Quick.

Had the same problem with my 3310 months ago (read the thread: http://nokiafree.org/forums/showthr...p?threadid=8480 ).

This time though, Nokia Profile hasn't worked at all, no matter how many times I try.

My service provider DOES NOT support two lines in one SIM, so there's absolutely NO WAY that there's a second line in my SIM.

Has anyone got any suggestions for me to get rid of this "1" icon? It really irritates me!!

Thanks in advance,

GeeZuZz
30-01-2003, 11:28 PM
Try holding down the * or # key, and see what happens.

Have you tried checking the call settings?

Nanda
30-01-2003, 11:47 PM
Hi,

holding "#" key only changes "1" into "2", activating a supposed 2nd line (that isn't there, when I use the phone with "2" displayed the phone number remains the same).

Changing lines in call setting is the same as pressing "#"...

Nanda
31-01-2003, 01:31 AM
Icon just won't go away no matter what I do with NKprofile.

Please help!

Also, the phone won't get any operator logos from Logo Manager. It beeps when I click on the "send" icon but nothing changes in the phone's screen.

It shows "connected" and it shows my operator code (724 31) at the bottom of Logo Manager window.

Any ideas? (cable seems to be working, I mean phone does beep and everything...)

BOEBOE
31-01-2003, 07:03 AM
yes, 5130 is just rip off of 5110, you can't have call cost limits, cell broadcasting info,...
for the icon prob. yo open the flash in ppmedit and change that icon in nothing, or in something cooler.

jigger
31-01-2003, 07:20 AM
or use nokia tool by jordik v3.21 and select "select all" button and click "make selected"....hope this helps!!!

Nanda
31-01-2003, 02:39 PM
Jordik wasn't any good either. Changed nothing at all.

Any ideas?

Please send other suggestions for solving the "1" problem and the logos that won't show (even if I can download them from the phone, meaning that they were sent but are not being displayed. Strange or what?)

leorick
31-01-2003, 07:27 PM
Maybe this can help;

I've experience the same no. "1" problem after flashing 8850 recently. For the first time, I use my sim card for testing but after I pass the phone to the owner, and he put on his sim card the "1" icon disappear. After that I put back my sim card and the icon is not coming back. Maybe you can try this out.

(moral of the story = change sim card to kill "1" icon):D

Nanda
31-01-2003, 10:23 PM
Hi,

tried leorick's method of changing SIMs but the "1" still appeared! :cry:

I even tried a foreign SIM from an operator that doesn't have a roaming agreement over here, and though there was no signal (no signal bars and no logo or network name) the "1" appeared!!

Tried removing the "1" bitmap from a 5130 flash but when I flash it to the phone I get "Contact service" even after checking and fixing all CRCs.

I also tried to add my country code (724), network code and name (31 Oi) to the flash with ppmEdit but this also prompted a "Contact Service" screen. (again, after checking and correcting CRCs with both ppmanager and Knok build 1, separately then together. To sum it up: I tried all possible combinations with ppmEdit, ppmanager and Knok).

My theory behind trying this was that the logos and nkprofile attempts didn't stick because the phone didn't recognise neither my country nor my network. Phone worked, but got operator name from the SIM or by net broadcast, I'm not sure.

Well, any other ideas are very welcome, I won't rest 'til I can remove the damn "1"/"2" icon!!!

Thanks in advance,

comet2
06-02-2003, 08:18 PM
hi..

i try and working on 5130... used nokia profile, uncheck ALS,and set defults, restart the phone line 1 and 2 will disappear on the screen and Open Nokia Tool by Koci v.3.52 choose Phone profile, activate ALS and SW Phone... line 1 disappear on screen, press and hold # change to line 2...

Nanda
07-02-2003, 01:55 AM
Thanks Comet2,

but Nokia Profile simply won't do the trick and Nokia Tools by Koci read the phone but would not remove ALS icon either.

So the mystery continues...