PDA

View Full Version : 6210 MCU Versions

ByteMe
07-01-2002, 07:10 PM
Hi!

Does the MCU of 6210 v 3.04 (or any other phone) change with different language packs?
Or is there only a MCU version for every phone of the same model and with the same version for all different language packs available in that version?

Thank You!

Regards.

||Joe
07-01-2002, 08:23 PM
sorry, I don't quite understand the question. mcu + ppm (which contains language pack) are completely different. if you have v x.xx mcu, it must use the same version language pack. if you have mcu + ppm backup combined (i.e. not two seperate files - one mcu the other ppm) it doesn't matter as they will be the same version.
hope this makes sense

outerc0re

ByteMe
08-01-2002, 12:51 AM
Hi!

The mcu is the software with all the phone functions (i think) and PPM is the language pack, however the language packs are different from country to country, but what i want to know is if the mcu software is the same in every phone in any country (for the same phone model and version of course) and if i can flash only the mcu into the phone, because i can't find a full flash with the language pack F (wich contains portuguese language for model 6210 v 3.04)?

||Joe
08-01-2002, 12:59 AM
typically, I would say YES - same mcu + ppm for all phones in a specific country (well, I say this for enlgand but I'd presume the same for any other country). I'm not to sure whether you can flash only the mcu of the same version - I think you may still need to create a log etc... but don't quote me on this - anyone else verify what I say? Best bet to save a lot of hastle, I don't like doing it and don't like having to tell people this but, upgrade your phone with desired mcu + ppm and get log done. simple this way and saves having a phone with "contract cervex"!

outerc0re

Abe
08-01-2002, 02:23 AM
guy this how it goes.....
MCU you can flash in any phone with same version....ex. i f u have MCU 6210 v 3.04 from 200-520 (MCU ADRESS) you can flash it in any phone 6210 v 3.04 because it doesnt contain language in it.....all 3.04 mcu's are the same...also other version.........
PPM pack you dont use if u cannot calculate FAID afterwards.....
if u fucked up your phone with wrong partial....
dont flash it with MCU+PPM pack because you will not be able to connect to network and you will need FAID CALCUALTION that is not free.....
but......
if u know which PPM pack has your phone ex.pack D...then and ONLY then you can flash your phone with a full MCU+PPM pack but only ex. 6210 v 3.04 and PPM pack D!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
but i have a soft that divides MCU and PPM from full mcu+ppm flash and then you get MCU file and PPM file..............
so u can flash the MCU flash to any phone with same version........

Iccang
08-01-2002, 07:51 AM
If you wanna get Just MCU+PPM of your full flash File, use my attachment. it's very simply software. Open your full flash file, then use "menu"--> Copy to PPM Buffer, and then click Flash Button...

I hope can help,

regards,

Iccang
======

ByteMe
09-01-2002, 01:26 PM
Thank you!

To outerc0re:
Thanks for the support and help and the speed in replying to my question.

To Abe:
Your text is elucidative in many ways, and the new post with basic unlocking info is going to save many unlockers and help a lot more!

To Iccang:
Hi! I couldn't use your file yet, because at the time i hadn't ur reply, but thank you for it, now i won't have to take the chance of making a mistake on cutting a file in a hexeditor.

ByteMe.