PDA

View Full Version : please Help Problem 3210

Harry Zhily
03-02-2003, 04:59 PM
Hi guy's

Please help me... I have 3210 made by german, I have problem in Flashing, I'll try to read/write with rollis... the message show ..."UNKNOWN FLASH FF..." something like that, any idea..?
Right now my 3210 is totaly Dead... please help me...

Thanks

w0rf
03-02-2003, 06:38 PM
have you been able to make a backup first?
if that works..I suppose your flasher is ok

otherways..well..not smart not to try backup:D

when does the error occur, when you open the flash file..or
when you try to read?

btw, did it work before?

Harry Zhily
04-02-2003, 02:42 PM
@w0rf

Thanks for your reply... The error occur show when I tried to read the flash file....

any suggestion

Thanks

cypher1024
06-02-2003, 12:38 PM
It killed your phone when it was reading the flash file???

If so, that's really odd.
Btw, you're not trying to flash with a laptop are you?

enzo
06-02-2003, 09:07 PM
Hi.

Hmm, U need Rolis Flasher v 4.78 build 006.
This works always.

Hope this is a little solution.

Greetingz from Germany
[enzo]

Harry Zhily
08-02-2003, 02:52 PM
Thanks for helping ...

@ enzo
I will tried to used the Rolis Flasher v 4.78 build 006.

@ cypher1024

Nope , I dont used a Laptop I used PC with 98SE

Thanks guy's

pico
08-02-2003, 03:05 PM
when you have unknown flash ID "FFFFF..." this means the flash ID that is stored in the flash memory cannot be read using the boot loader (boot loader is sent to phone by flasher software).
you can get that problem if that area of flash is erased or (very commonly) the flash IC has become damaged/disconnected from the board.
you can try to write again with knok flasher, as that allows to erase flash seperately so should be able to deal with that situation.
if it still fails, you should reflow/replace the flash IC

deadspot
08-02-2003, 03:50 PM
@harry,

did u check ur flasher???......coz 3210 uses btemp n Vpp unlike others phone.

Harry Zhily
08-02-2003, 04:00 PM
Thanks For helping..

@ deadspot
Yes... my Flasher worked fine in other 3210 phones

@ pico
Thanks for suggestion.. I will try it..

Thanks Guy's

pico
08-02-2003, 10:00 PM
3210 only needs VPP for flashing (as well as fb-tx/fb-rx/mbus/gnd ofcourse), btemp is just included as its easy to access on that model.
btemp line is just the auto power on signal and can be disconnected.
when you first give the phone power when trying to start flashing, the program will send a boot loader to the phone. that is the program that reads the first sector from flash memory, where is contained the FLASH ID.
the flash id is based on the type of flash chip used and is related to a specific flash loader. the flash loader gives the main flasher program full details on the flash content stored on the chip to be accessed.
@deadspot; you should now see that as the phone has sent boot loader, there is no cable problem :) but the phone has returned to you the flash ID as 0xFFFF...
0xFFFF=empty location/unreadable:)

Al
08-02-2003, 10:42 PM
I think it's a damaged/disconnected flash IC, coz flash ID is dependent only from flash manufacturer/type, it's not stored in flash memory, it's in flash IC by hardware. If it's BAD - flash IC is BAD :( try to reflow/replace it as pico said

PS if flash ID = FFFFFFFF it's can be OTP/EPROM IC (but I think there is no such one in mobile phones :))

pico
08-02-2003, 11:11 PM
hi Al, i did say its more common for d/c flash IC but sometimes that can be due to erased flash ID also.
there was a tool called "flashtool" by cyberdog/tipo which came out just before Rolis flasher and caused some versions of 3310 to have corrupted flash ID (FFFFFFF..) by erasing the wrong locations.
flash id is in flash i'm sure, but not plain. if you use rolis flasher, in the data displayed at start of flashing, you can see the flash id on the fourth line down stored in hex. the data displayed in rolis flasher is very similar to the first section of the Nokias MCU except that part is different. i tried to work out how the flash id is stored but couldnt find that:o :)

Al
08-02-2003, 11:36 PM
Flash ID is by hardware and it can't be erased, believe me :)

Example (http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc1940.pdf) page 8, Product identification ;)

PS Rolis displays info from boot loader

pico
09-02-2003, 10:55 AM
well i know really that flashtool by cyberdog caused some phones to have flash ID of FFFFFF.. due to error and to solve those cases you could just reflash :)
i'll read this document now, thanks for that! :)