PDA

View Full Version : Trying to find address-book w/Dejan

arielco
03-02-2003, 11:44 PM
Hello there...

I wrote some time ago about trying to recover an accidentally-erased address book by reading raw data from the phone.

So far, no success. I've used Dejan 1.00b w/74HC14 cable, and got what seems to be PPM text, but no other readable data.

Any suggestions? I've read from 0h through 00800000H in 1-M chunks.

(BTW, if I the read operation starts below 1M, I get inconsistent data every time)

help!

green gerbil
04-02-2003, 01:55 AM
Which phone are u talking about. Adress books is in eeprom on some phones.

arielco
05-02-2003, 10:11 PM
Oops! I forgot to mention that it's a 6120iA (TDMA), so it must be in an EEPROM.

Anyway, ¿is there any difference between reading flash/eeprom, or is the address-space continuous (linear)?

green gerbil
06-02-2003, 12:17 AM
61xx and 51xx have the eeprom on a separate chip so you need to read it through mbus/fbus.

arielco
19-02-2003, 06:41 PM
Sorry for the delay, but I've been kinda out-of-town.

So, Dejan must be reading the flash, and I need to access the EEPROM, right? The LPT cable I use with Dejan 1.00 has both FBUS & MBUS wires, and I haven't tested the lines to see which one Dejan is using.

What should I use now? Can Wintesla do the job?
thanx again,
-ariel

REYESITO
27-02-2003, 02:51 AM
if you want to recover temporary data as addresses doesn't have anything to make with cable since dejan the cable dejan it serves it is to read and to write flash, the temporary data that you look for are it is the eeprom and suddenly with a lot of luck you can recover some data, making complete reading of eeprom and then you use a hexaedit in ascii to look for something that still this:rolleyes:

REYESITO
27-02-2003, 03:12 AM
post it dates in some model tdma dct-3 you can read temporary information of eeprom with cable flasher like for example the model nsw-4 (8260) but in the other model applications like knok they cannot read eeproms tdmas.

so that does flashfile with hexaedit eeprom info at the end
example flashfile nsw-4 (8260):cool:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
post data en algunos modelos tdma dct-3 puedes leer informacion temporal de eeprom con cable flasher como por ejemplo los modelos nsw-4 (8260) pero en los demas modelos aplicaciones como knok no pueden leer eeproms tdmas.

para que vea flashfile con hexaedit info de eeprom al final
ejemplo flashfile nsw-4 (8260)

arielco
29-03-2003, 05:50 PM
It was a piece of cake once I knew where to look.
I read the EEPROM with nokiasoc + serial cable, and
voilá. Unfortunately, my address book was gone
(there must have been some kind of housekeeping
routine when I accidentally saved a new entry), but
the point is that I found it.

Se me olvidaba: Gracias!

Fué un paseo una vez q supe donde buscar. Leí la
EEPROM con nokiasoc2 y el cable serial, y listo. Por
desgracia, parece que alguna rutina de mantenimiento
limpió la agenda cuando metí una entrada nueva por
accidente, pero lo bueno es que lo conseguí..

- ariel